Author Topic: Question : Why Congolese album release dates remain unknown?  (Read 362 times)

Sydo on: March 16, 2024, 17:05

• View Profile
    • YouTube
It is a question I ask myself many times. If someone could respond it'll be great
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Longbluesquid #1 on: March 16, 2024, 18:29

• View Profile
I ask myself the same question. Many albums announced and no release date.

Manzambi94 #2 on: March 16, 2024, 18:58

• View Profile
It is a question I ask myself many times. If someone could respond it'll be great
Cause most Congolese artists don't take things seriously and usually set a date without even having the single recorded by underestimating/not pushing hard enough to make the date become official

jordanlumbala101 #3 on: March 16, 2024, 19:09

• View Profile
100% I wish artists would be more serious!! When it comes to announcing an album, you need a plan, one, announce the album, two, announce the release date, three, drop one or two songs before the release of the album

Sydo #4 on: March 16, 2024, 19:57

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Cause most Congolese artists don't take things seriously and usually set a date without even having the single recorded by underestimating/not pushing hard enough to make the date become official

True. It's a shame we can't celebrate the anniversaries of all our classic albums
Formerly Musiquezairoise

CM PRINCE #5 on: March 16, 2024, 21:25

• View Profile
Loool some of you guys didn’t get his actual question he’s talking about old albums release datesnot current future ones.

Manzambi94 #6 on: March 17, 2024, 09:12

• View Profile
Loool some of you guys didn’t get his actual question he’s talking about old albums release datesnot current future ones.
About them they aren't unknown, when the song is out the album is out the discrepancy isndue to social media for example you might see a song uploaded a year ago on The Artist's official channel but that was actually release 7 years ago, on Ndombolhino's pagina and so on, I think in modern times that doesn't happen anymore given how artists have gotten smart and they control not only the channel but in some cases the release dates themselves

Sydo #7 on: March 17, 2024, 12:28

• View Profile
    • YouTube
CM Prince is actually right. I'm talking about albums that were released from the 1980s to the early 2000's. I should've said it before
Formerly Musiquezairoise

SLK97 #8 on: March 17, 2024, 14:27

• View Profile
I already knew which albums you were talking about. But yeah, it's kind of frustrating to guess which albums came out at which month, maybe even which year in many cases. That's why I usually go by animations on certain albums. If there's a cry that was used during that time period, then that album also came out during said time period. For example, if there's an album where the atalaku uses cries such as Helicoptere, Shofele and Kilumbu Ka Kiesse, that album probably dropped between late 1999 and mid 2000. Or that album could be Solola Bien, one that popularized said cries.

With artists like Koffi and Bozi, I have an idea on when their albums would drop back in the day (usually in time for Christmas, and around the same time), and even then, it's just an idea, not evidence. It's hard to tell that Loi and Bana Saint Gabriel dropped in the same month.

CM PRINCE #9 on: March 17, 2024, 17:07

• View Profile
Discogs actually has release dates for some albums but that’s mainly from early 2000s. Our music is poorly managed when it comes to things like that because even keeping archives they’re also poor. Because they heavily rely on YouTube vids that other people upload and use them themselvesin interviews or other things and you see that YouTube channels logo in the vid LOL

Sydo #10 on: March 17, 2024, 20:45

• View Profile
    • YouTube
The release dates in Discogs are taken from the FNAC site. Not all of them are legit I think. Shame that our music's archives are poorly saved or lost.
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Mopao195 #11 on: March 17, 2024, 21:19

• MM
    • View Profile
ive asked myself this question for the past four years now and as legendary congolese music was from 1980s to early 00s is shocking how poorly documented it is from unknown release dates to only a handful of behind the scenes footage of studio sessions, dance reherseals etc etc maybe certain artist got footage and stuff and dont relaase it for whatever reason kinda sad if true