Author Topic: FALLY IPUPA & FERRE GOLA ARE HALF BAKED MUSICIANS  (Read 15419 times)

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN on: July 28, 2013, 10:37

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We've been talking about Fally and Ferre and thinking they are the real leaders of the 5th generation of Congolese music,i have finally realised that Fally and Ferre do NOT have what it takes,they are not fully baked Congolese musicians but yes,they are the most successful and have made it financially.

Ferre Gola remains my favourite Congolese vocalist/singer but as a musician he lacks certain qualities. There other younger musicians I give maximum respect to and I think they fully understand their music more than Ferre and Fally and here just a few of the known musicians that understand Congolese music:  Alain Mpela,Bouro Mpela, Sam Tshintu, Didier Lacoste,Montana Kamenga,Kabosé Bulembi and Mirage Supersonic,Titina Alcapone understands his music very well too.

I urge all of you who don't pay attention to these musicians to sample their albums and you'll know what am talking about.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 11:56 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

archos #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:50

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
charisma is a massive smokescreen for congolese musicians (or for musicians in general)
ferre and fally emerged like the leaders of the new generation and  i think we can now see with them the bad side of leadership we see with koffi,jb,werra and co
they have a almost 100 per cent granted  success for whatever they release,but then you have many artists who release better albums and then no success
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:50 by 25 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #2 on: July 28, 2013, 11:06

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's right archos. At this moment in time I think someone would be justified to say Ferre,Fally didn't actually learn a thing from their former Presidents,they simply went their with their own styles,did the songs they were employed to do and they've carried on with just those styles.
Ferre and Fally should seriously start planning for group albums because the solo albums are not making sense anymore but then their musicians too just look at the type of music their bosses have forgotten about,ballads alone don't just cut it,we want to songs which start slow and progress to a faster tempo then sebene not just one or two rhythms and melodies from start to finish with one singer.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:06 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

archos #3 on: July 28, 2013, 11:17

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
exactly, they are both at their third albums and there is already too much criticism about the way they are extremely present  in the songs,in most of the cases they let most of singers sing together in a song
at the end of the day,those guys get so little space that instead of singing something  they  go for mabanga
like papa wemba once said they say two words then 10 names kie kie kie
besides,i dont see congolese music as a music of solo artists,its very weird for me to be honest
eimagine even a guy like soloist daddy bola is now solo,soon i wont be surprised to see yanki or roger ngandu become solo artists :)  :)  :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:17 by 25 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #4 on: July 28, 2013, 11:23

• Administrator
    • View Profile
@archos said:
like papa wemba once said they say two words then 10 names kie kie kie
besides,i dont see congolese music as a music of solo artists,its very weird for me to be honest
eimagine even a guy like soloist daddy bola is now solo,soon i wont be surprised to see yanki or roger ngandu become solo artists :)  :)  :)

Kiekiekiekie,yes,there's little space for them in the songs and let's not forget that these guys make money from mabanga so in the 1 minute they are given to sing they just do mabanga!! :-D

Are you saying Dady Bola has finally left Viva? He's never been settled ever since he announced his departure some years back and he's turned up at BCBG concerts,i wish JB could just employ him!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:23 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

Mwana Nsalu #5 on: July 28, 2013, 13:59

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
<cite>@archos said:</cite>
charisma is a massive smokescreen for congolese musicians (or for musicians in general)
ferre and fally emerged like the leaders of the new generation and  i think we can now see with them the bad side of leadership we see with koffi,jb,werra and co
they have a almost 100 per cent granted  success for whatever they release,but then you have many artists who release better albums and then no success

but is that fally and ferre's fault? or the fans? or the industry (which makes it hard for most artists to record with good executive production and mixing etc)? i think it is unfair to place blame on them for what happens to other artists.
also charisma is not just a smoke screen but a great part of being an artist. people who have none very rarely make it as artists/musicians/singers/entertainers. maybe some of these other musicians so re-examine their personalities and try to embody more charisma like fally and ferre.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 13:59 by 14 »

EMOVICTEAM #6 on: July 29, 2013, 17:34

• View Profile
<cite>@Sylvester said:</cite>
We've been talking about Fally and Ferre and thinking they are the real leaders of the 5th generation of Congolese music,i have finally realised that Fally and Ferre do NOT have what it takes,they are not fully baked Congolese musicians but yes,they are the most successful and have made it financially.

Ferre Gola remains my favourite Congolese vocalist singers but as a musician he lacks certain qualities. There other younger musicians I give maximum respect to and I think they fully understand their music more than Ferre and Fally and here just a few of the known musicians that understand Congolese music:  Alain Mpela,Bouro Mpela, Sam Tshintu, Didier Lacoste,Montana Kamenga,Kabosé Bulembi and Mirage Supersonic,Titina Alcapone understands his music very well too.

I urge all of you who don't pay attention to these musicians to sample their albums and you'll know what am talking about.

Ferre and Fally are not using the formula of Werrason, JB and Koffi.....that is utilizing most of their singers. As a leader, you have to use all resources to make it and that includes musicians...but when one thinks their voice only, is the key, they loose...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 17:34 by 11 »

NEWSIDE96 #7 on: September 17, 2013, 00:21

• View Profile
Fally had done a masterpiece on Droit Chemin the success he reached I don't think Ferre has reached that height yet because at one point Fally was the no.1 singer and this goes all down Maika Munan for the compositions and artistic direction, Ferre Gola was an untouchable through-out Maison Mere showed bags of potential, Les Marquis des Maison Mere was just phenomenal Ferre's song were excellent since, Sens Interdit very good the latter mediocre. This shows they need assistance maybe if both artists give the group more freedom to comment artistically there could be changes I have not been satisfied with any work. For the new Generation leaders are JDT Mulopwe and Sam Tshintu why JDT Mulopwe is very experienced and had always produced good songs from Examen, to his songs on Miracles, Eluka Makambo and lastly Moleki Nzela his excellent and consistent and humble he could be even better in years to come. President Sam has showed his leadership already the clear leader in Academia produced excellent in both discs for example Colation and Z2 from Quatre Coins.    
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 00:21 by 87 »

davidn #8 on: September 17, 2013, 05:25

• View Profile
    • http://www.ambiancecongo@blogspot.com
Archos said "i dont see congolese music as a music of solo artists".
Bang he has hit it. Not just Ferre and Fally but almost all the new albums are "solo" albums with the one singer being omnipresent and everyone else either given a tiny role or not included at all. The sebene that we all love is replaced by some sort of ego trip singing - by one guy- and you have to really listen to hear any guitar at all. I prefer Ferre over Fally no mistake, though.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:25 by 41 »

davidn #9 on: September 17, 2013, 05:27

• View Profile
Yes, NEWSIDE96, Miracles was a GREAT album. I called it a modern masterpiece years ago and some people said I was full of sh*t. I still think it is a modern masterpiece.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:27 by 41 »

davidn #10 on: September 17, 2013, 06:01

• View Profile
Ferre shines with Bill and JDT on Miracles because they are Marquis de MAISON MERE, following (for lack of a better word) Werrason at his best. A lot of new albums are following (in all sense of the word) Koffi at his worst. Of course anyone can think of many other examples to illustrate both extremes.
By the way I really like Chella Mputu's album and I think it should be mentioned here as another example of the direction new music is following at its current best. Does any new music stand with Franco, Choc Stars, Viva? Well, hardly ever. But it could. The talent is certainly there. It's the direction that needs to change to keep music at its best and the talent that is certainly could do it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:01 by 41 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #11 on: September 17, 2013, 11:55

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Indeed Miracles is a classic,i think it's because they are a group and all possessing certain qualities and having different tastes as individual musicians so put together,the end result is a masterpiece.

David,where did you get Shella Mputu's album,some of these musicians I have failed to find anywhere,i have been looking for that album and that of Jitrois but I don't know where they are being sold,these musicians have no good strategies.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 11:55 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS

Ken Bilele #12 on: September 17, 2013, 16:05

• View Profile
At some point someone wanted to take our music the American way and thats why you see a 8 minutes song being done by one person and it will choke these guys in concerts, because there is no way you can sing the whole 4 hours alone as the rest of the band remain spectators. That is what Fally wanted, and I hate him because of that. A good example is evident in this new album where he is seen in all videos in Europe in the absence of band members. Its ok for the first album to sing solo but not the second one and third one as they do it.

On the new generation, for the first time I listened to Circulation Mutambu I said Lacoste is serious and even Kabose can give these guys a real fight. I also find Jtrois jules cesor to be playing good music plus Moleki Nzela but above all laziness is the problem with some of these people going by the example I see when I attend live band in some of the local joints here in Nairobi, they will be chased down like animals during their turn to sing, A lot of showing off of one piece of cloth rather than singing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 16:05 by 36 »

davidn #13 on: September 18, 2013, 04:54

• View Profile
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:54 by 41 »

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #14 on: September 18, 2013, 09:07

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanx David. I think the guy recorded this album in a home studio,the mixing is not up to scratch especially vocals.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:07 by 4 »
LE BIG BOSS