Author Topic: MY FAV AND MOST POWERFUL WAZEKWAS PERFORMANCE  (Read 7968 times)

shamala on: April 29, 2014, 06:25

• View Profile
Here is the best sebene from wazekwa for me. how do you rate tshipoyi here?
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Jdog #1 on: April 29, 2014, 15:56

• View Profile
Gessac to Wazekwa's sebenes was like a soccer ball to a soccer player without it there is no game.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

shamala #2 on: April 29, 2014, 16:34

• View Profile
Gessac to Wazekwa's sebenes was like a soccer ball to a soccer player without it there is no game.

please elaborate

Jdog #3 on: April 29, 2014, 19:04

• View Profile
If a soccer player doesn't have a ball to play with he will go home because there is nothing to do, without a ball there is no game. So the same thing with Wazekwa and Gessac, without Gessac (the ball) Wazekwa the player isn't playing a match and has nothing to do but work at cemeteries with black gloves.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

archos #4 on: April 29, 2014, 19:10

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 has nothing to do but work at cemeteries with black gloves.
[/quote]

kie kie oza somo  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

EMOVICTEAM #5 on: April 30, 2014, 06:21

• View Profile
What Jdog is saying is exact and that is what I have noticed with Wazekwas sebenes of late. Gesac may be noisy to others but I find him to be very creative. He also syncronised well with Kapanga and Pitchou.......

For me, best sebene sebene comes from Mimbenga, from album Fuex Mutu Moko Boye......that song is among the best songs in the last 10 years of congolese music and was executed nicely. Actually, I like Wazekwa.

archos #6 on: April 30, 2014, 07:15

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
lets not forget also that the father of the true cultura rhythm left  with gessac,no other than  hono kapanga

shamala #7 on: April 30, 2014, 07:23

• View Profile
What Jdog is saying is exact and that is what I have noticed with Wazekwas sebenes of late. Gesac may be noisy to others but I find him to be very creative. He also syncronised well with Kapanga and Pitchou.......
Actually, I like Wazekwa.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
after Jb for me Wazekwa does it..

archos #8 on: April 30, 2014, 07:36

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

For me, best sebene sebene comes from Mimbenga, from album Fuex Mutu Moko Boye......that song is among the best songs in the last 10 years of congolese music and was executed nicely. Actually, I like Wazekwa.

oh yeah that sudden change of rhythm in the sebene with third soloist professeur tournesol de polka showing his sebene skills is delicious

shamala #9 on: April 30, 2014, 14:03

• View Profile
 third soloist professeur tournesol de polka showing his sebene skills is delicious

I DONT KNOW THIS GUY. Is he the rhythmist?

EMOVICTEAM #10 on: April 30, 2014, 14:10

• View Profile
Actually, I like Wazekwa.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
after Jb for me Wazekwa does it..

JB Mpiana is artistically better....way better but my complaint is the chaps that surround him and poor recording is killing him. Wazekwas recordings are very very good and sebenes are danceable although they are cut and paste. He makes use of his guitarists and atalakus better than Mpiana. That is why I am upset with fat boy.

KAISARI #11 on: May 01, 2014, 04:44

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
I like this old school one with Ngouma,Lokassa and co...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:45 by KAISARI »
You do not beat a drum with one finger

deanglo #12 on: May 03, 2014, 01:56

• View Profile
Thank you Shamala for posting this Wazekwa clip. I love Felix Wazekwa artistry. Many have knocked him on his songs but forgot if all artists sound alike, then there will be variety. Not all aretis will sound like the Wenge, JB and Koffi. I love your positive remarks.
Archos, you always go deeper to shed some light. Keep the great work.
My jobs takes me from NYC/North East to the South West every week; 6 hours either way plus in-between. I have down time today and decided to check in.
Whoever posted the Shei Ngege studio clip, thank you.
Deanglo