Poll

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT FOR ONE TO SUCCED MUSICALLY IN CONGO ONE HAS TO DABBLE IN WITCHCRAFT?

YES
3 (42.9%)
NO
3 (42.9%)
NOT SURE
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 22, 2014, 06:50

Author Topic: WITCHCRAFT IN CONGOLESE MUSIC  (Read 8888 times)

shamala on: May 23, 2014, 06:50

• View Profile
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

archos #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:32

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i believe NO but realistically speaking the guys around them convince them that its the only way to succeed,the last example is fabregas who  they try to coinvince to get into it to confirm the success he's got so far and get it to another level(fingers crossed he will keep refusing)
this witchcraft stuff is also deep in football in DRC,many of the players born in europe are reluctant to go play for DRC because of the fact  its like a law for all players to accept doing that,one of them actually died in strange conditions because of that

Franco Pepe Kalle #2 on: May 23, 2014, 17:00

• View Profile
It is a good question Shamala. I know Franco, Koffi Olomide, Werrason, Tabu Ley, JB Mpiana, and others had some form of witchcraft but it depends on how much they depend on witchcraft. I know Nyboma and Pepe Kalle as examples had little use of witchcraft but they were made on self success and not other things. Some say Pepe died of witchcraft when he died of heart attack since he was heavy. Surprisingly many people never really Wemba as much of this. But I believe that witchcraft applies to secular music in general. Not just CONGOLESE MUSIC.

Jdog #3 on: May 23, 2014, 17:21

• View Profile
But I believe that witchcraft applies to secular music in general. Not just CONGOLESE MUSIC.
That is for a fact, American music also has witchcraft in it.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Franco Pepe Kalle #4 on: May 23, 2014, 17:37

• View Profile
But I believe that witchcraft applies to secular music in general. Not just CONGOLESE MUSIC.
Very much. In fact in America where you and I live, we see stories where musicians in America have done more disturbing and disgusting things than let's say Congolese musicians.

shamala #5 on: May 23, 2014, 18:12

• View Profile
Very much. In fact in America where you and I live, we see stories where musicians in America have done more disturbing and disgusting things than let's say Congolese musicians.

share  ...

Franco Pepe Kalle #6 on: May 23, 2014, 18:20

• View Profile

share  ...
I will definitely try to find links. I just don't have them right now.

NEWSIDE96 #7 on: May 23, 2014, 19:13

• View Profile
I don't agree at all if you're congolese you should les kinois (people in kinshasa) lack hope because of the poverty especially in gritty areas and obvious influence of the older musicians/singer (most notably Zaiko generation) but no witchcraft is not needed in life if you want to do something put your mind, heart and soul into it finished you shall pass. People like Ferre and JB excellent singer and dancers shouldn't be involved as their talents clearly from God, they didn't need to go the witchdoctors to know how to sing or dance it's natural talent this is what congolese people need to understand (it's talent)!!!

Franco Pepe Kalle #8 on: May 23, 2014, 19:24

• View Profile
Here is one accusation. I am not saying it is true but it makes shocking accusations about Jay-Z.

shamala #9 on: June 22, 2014, 14:26

• View Profile
poll results ..tie between yes and no..though the sample size was too small..