Author Topic: Wonderful Rhumba from Simolo Katondi and Heritier  (Read 8972 times)

SacaryBagna on: October 06, 2015, 20:21

• View Profile
This song is on heavy rotation on my iPod at the moment. I think the arrangement is fantastic.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #1 on: October 07, 2015, 17:03

• Administrator
    • View Profile
LE BIG BOSS

jeantwatwa #2 on: October 07, 2015, 17:22

• View Profile
Can't remember the last time I heard rhumba like that, the boy is talented!

EMOVICTEAM #3 on: October 08, 2015, 05:17

• View Profile

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #4 on: October 08, 2015, 22:46

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Proper Rhumba odemba.
Kikikiki......
what's funny boss? Don't know what you have on your mind but i'll just remind you that this Simolo's song and he's an experienced musician hence the richness of the song,he just invited the boy to sing.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 22:49 by SLY PAPA NA KEVIN »
LE BIG BOSS

Jdog #5 on: October 09, 2015, 00:19

• View Profile
If Heritier wants a long singing career I suggest he sing like this 99.9% percent of the time.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

KAISARI #6 on: October 09, 2015, 01:42

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
Simolo chose Wata for this Odemba classic; lets wait and see what Simaro is saving  for the chosen one...
You do not beat a drum with one finger

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #7 on: October 09, 2015, 11:58

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If Heritier wants a long singing career I suggest he sing like this 99.9% percent of the time.
Some people get tired easily for instance EMO of this forum so if Heritier sticks to this style like Ferre Gola people will start complaining that he's just copying TPOK Jazz. ''Moto aza kaka moto'' it's impossible to satisfy everyone.
LE BIG BOSS

Jdog #8 on: October 09, 2015, 19:51

• View Profile
Some people get tired easily for instance EMO of this forum so if Heritier sticks to this style like Ferre Gola people will start complaining that he's just copying TPOK Jazz. ''Moto aza kaka moto'' it's impossible to satisfy everyone.
If "copying" means saving his voice then he has to do it, like you said you can't satisfy everybody.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #9 on: October 09, 2015, 21:16

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If "copying" means saving his voice then he has to do it, like you said you can't satisfy everybody.
We are talking about different things then,i trust you're saying he should be this calm on the mic other than scream like he normally does?
I was talking about odemba style suiting him well and off course your point is valid because the boy sounds good when he's calm ,thinga only go wild when he starts to scream.
LE BIG BOSS

EMOVICTEAM #10 on: October 10, 2015, 14:14

• View Profile
Yes Sly....i get tired of long odemba songs sang in one voice and without the solo guitar licks. Thats what ferre does. Odemba is not bad when you add a lot of what ferre lacks.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #11 on: October 10, 2015, 14:17

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes Sly....i get tired of long odemba songs sang in one voice and without the solo guitar licks. Thats what ferre does. Odemba is not bad when you add a lot of what ferre lacks.
Basically Ferre seems to prefer Lutumba Simaro's style of arrangement of having one lead vocalist and maybe one or two singers intervening at the end all in one long melody/rhythm.
LE BIG BOSS

EMOVICTEAM #12 on: October 10, 2015, 14:26

• View Profile
Basically Ferre seems to prefer Lutumba Simaro's style of arrangement of having one lead vocalist and maybe one or two singers intervening at the end all in one long melody/rhythm.

Listen to Choc by Koffi olomide. You will hear a gap in ferres odemba.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #13 on: October 10, 2015, 15:00

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Listen to Choc by Koffi olomide. You will hear a gap in ferres odemba.
Boss, Koffi is Koffi and Ferre is Ferre, they have different styles.

Koffi doesn't do original odemba anymore, he tried it on his first album Ngounda in 1983 and Ngobila in 1986 on which he featured the likes of Josky Kiambukuta on both albums so that explains it infact the title track Ngobila is his rendition of Lutumba Simaro's 1972 song Ebale ya Zaire which has Sam Mangwana on vocals.
Koffi has done one or two songs here and there which may be classed as odemba for instance the same Choc but that's just about it,he has his own unique style too.
LE BIG BOSS

EMOVICTEAM #14 on: October 10, 2015, 15:48

• View Profile
Sly.....when i take you to Choc, all i wanted was to let you know that Congolese songs traditionally are nice when they are in phases.....it starts at some temple, changes and then goes into sebene....either balad or generic. Ferre has taken a bad road. Even the odemba of lutumba is much different and i wonder why the old man drives ferres music in the way it is done or maybe its marchouse who does the arrangement.