Author Topic: Wenge Musica - Live Génération Primus  (Read 2997 times)

Sydo on: April 06, 2021, 16:50

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Congolitude #1 on: April 06, 2021, 18:08

• View Profile
I dont understand why they released Kin e bouge only in 1991 while the main song of the album was already done...

Mfumu Vata #2 on: April 06, 2021, 18:14

• View Profile
Back in those days Congolese bands used to perform new songs before the release of the album until 1993/94. The version of Kin E Bouge that we know today started to be performed from dec 1989 after being released from jail where JB wrote the song.

BercysFinest98 #3 on: April 06, 2021, 21:04

• View Profile
I want someone to find me another guitarist that has the same energy as Alain Makaba. That man is always on fire. It takes both sides of the brain to dance big steps and play hard partitions at the same time!

Mukulu #4 on: April 06, 2021, 21:57

• View Profile
Thank you for this find.

Excellent harmony between them

Maradona is really bad on this concert,

besides, it's weird to see Titina being Maradona's understudy

I understand why they preferred to take Titina for their first tour.

According to Collegien Zola, Maradona and Djolina have 12 ... by slowly replacing them by Fi Carré and Titina

Mfumu Vata #5 on: April 06, 2021, 22:08

• View Profile
Maybe it due to you being more used to Titina's drumming style after hearing him for years in Wenge Musica and Wenge BCBG compared to Maradona which is the old drumming-style.

Fi-Carré was recruited  as mi-solist because Blaise Kombo passed. Indeed Maradona and Djolina started to receive 12 when Wenge Musica became popular and just before the tour they got suspended by JB Mpiana, because they were temped by old staffmembers of Wenge to form a new band funded by Verckys Kiamuangana. It made Titina go to Europe in the place of Maradona and Collegien Zola in the place of Djolina Mandudila. Fi-Carré had to join a few months later in Europe  along with Blaise Mbonda who had to go in the place of the suspended Don Pierrot Mbonda, but they ended up by staying in Kinshasa due to the devalution of the Zaire currency, which made admin Kija Brown go to Europe on his own.

Mukulu #6 on: April 07, 2021, 20:20

• View Profile
Ali Mbonda arrived when? I have already seen him in an Bozi's concert with Burkina Faso

Blaise Mbonda stayed in europe after the tour, for a while I saw that don pierrot was at El Paris?

I would like to know what verckys had planned to set up as an orchestra? like Langa Langa Stars? or A new wenge ?

I have the impression that Verckys didn't like Wenge

Mfumu Vata #7 on: April 07, 2021, 20:46

• View Profile
Ali Mbonda came in 1992 when Don Pierrot Mbonda ran away after touring with Wenge Musica in Europe for concerts and the recordings of Pleins Feux and Kalayi Boeing.

Blaise Mbonda didn't come to Europe anymore due to the devaluation of the Zaire-currency, the same for Fi-Carre and he later dissapeared from the music-scene.

Don Pierrot joined Wenge El Paris in Europe after staying and participated to the recordings of the remix-version of Nganga Nzambe and a few concerts in Europe.

Verckys didn't plan anything. It was just that guys like Jean Belis Mfumu wanted to see also their part of money from Wenge Musica and also not liking for the way Werra, JB and co started to abandon them for the elite living Gombe and Binza, while they contributed to the start of Wenge Musica. So as revenge they wanted to create a rebel-band by influencing bandmembers, but the plan didn't work.

Verckys liked Wenge, helped them with the distribution of Kalayi Boeing in Zaire and Africa. Those Discs and CD in Africa and Zaire had that VEVE-label on it. Verckys is a businessman his love for money is to big, he don't see any problem by funded rebel-bands, if he gets the money back that he invested. The problem is that Verckys went down when the 90s started and not being able anymore to produce big bands and artists. The absence of Verckys also killed the evolution of Congolese music in my opinion a little bit in a later stage.

BienMat23 #8 on: April 07, 2021, 21:38

• View Profile
Ali Mbonda came in 1992 when Don Pierrot Mbonda ran away after touring with Wenge Musica in Europe for concerts and the recordings of Pleins Feux and Kalayi Boeing.

Blaise Mbonda didn't come to Europe anymore due to the devaluation of the Zaire-currency, the same for Fi-Carre and he later dissapeared from the music-scene.

Don Pierrot joined Wenge El Paris in Europe after staying and participated to the recordings of the remix-version of Nganga Nzambe and a few concerts in Europe.

Verckys didn't plan anything. It was just that guys like Jean Belis Mfumu wanted to see also their part of money from Wenge Musica and also not liking for the way Werra, JB and co started to abandon them for the elite living Gombe and Binza, while they contributed to the start of Wenge Musica. So as revenge they wanted to create a rebel-band by influencing bandmembers, but the plan didn't work.

Verckys liked Wenge, helped them with the distribution of Kalayi Boeing in Zaire and Africa. Those Discs and CD in Africa and Zaire had that VEVE-label on it. Verckys is a businessman his love for money is to big, he don't see any problem by funded rebel-bands, if he gets the money back that he invested. The problem is that Verckys went down when the 90s started and not being able anymore to produce big bands and artists. The absence of Verckys also killed the evolution of Congolese music in my opinion a little bit in a later stage.
Mfumu please expand on what you mean by the last part

Mfumu Vata #9 on: April 08, 2021, 01:16

• View Profile
Verckys helped many bands in the 70s and 80s, he was also behind the birth of Victoria Eleison, Anti Choc, Langa Langa Stars and many others bands. VEVE's absence made the Congolese music-scene slowly melt into "Le Carré Magique" and youngsters not being able anymore to succeed for a long time, bands like Delta Force, Nouvelle Ecriture de l'An 2000, etc. not being able to exist for a long time due to the lack of financial support.