Author Topic: GUYS HAVE YOU SEEN WHATS HAPPENING ABOUT BOMPEMA AND WERRASON?  (Read 15969 times)

ZamundaPrince #45 on: August 14, 2020, 12:38

• View Profile
We've been having this "Werra can't sing, Werra is a faux chanteur" conversation ever since this forum started & even in the old forum before this. It's all a matter of preference IMO. Werra is not the greatest singer around but he's not as bad as people here try to make it sound. Adolphe, Wazekwa etc don't sing that well either but I never see people get so heated over their singing abilities. I'd rather listen to Werra all day than listen to Adolphe. That's just me & my preferences.

A lot of people think Papa Wemba was one hell of a singer. Personally, I can't stand his singing. That doesn't make him a bad singer either.

The fact that you don't like someone doesn't necessarily make them bad

ZamundaPrince #46 on: August 14, 2020, 12:43

• View Profile

At 6:10 I couldn't hold it my God the impersonation of Werra was on point, beside that I mean we all know Werra is like that.

I mean there is a reason why people are getting fed up with musicians and their macchiavellian ways, it is true Bogus is talking about Ali Mbonda without mentioning him and it is true he didn't do nothing for him, and he make Photo Joel Mbetenge beat up when Photo Joel was one of the biggest fans of Werra, do you hear Werra talk about Didi Kinuani again? Of course not because Diamonds are over, or even Vital Kamerhe have you seen Werra or any other artist mention him? If we wanna go far as a culture we need to stop to treat Werra and guys like that like God, I mean all the people in the comment insulting Bogus would be the first one to cry if something like that happens to them.

Musicians make money out of mabanga. For one to get mentions & songs in their names they should be able to pay for them. Why do you expect Werra to sing songs for Didi & others if he hasn't been paid for it?

ZamundaPrince #47 on: August 14, 2020, 12:46

• View Profile

I sware I will beat up everyome who will try to say that I am a Werra hater

You are a Werra hater. Come beat me  ;D ;D ;D

Kizito #48 on: August 14, 2020, 16:59

• View Profile
We've been having this "Werra can't sing, Werra is a faux chanteur" conversation ever since this forum started & even in the old forum before this. It's all a matter of preference IMO. Werra is not the greatest singer around but he's not as bad as people here try to make it sound. Adolphe, Wazekwa etc don't sing that well either but I never see people get so heated over their singing abilities. I'd rather listen to Werra all day than listen to Adolphe. That's just me & my preferences.

A lot of people think Papa Wemba was one hell of a singer. Personally, I can't stand his singing. That doesn't make him a bad singer either.

The fact that you don't like someone doesn't necessarily make them bad

I agree with you 100 percent, every one has his preferences, to make Werra was the second best in Wenge Musica BCBG and the  second most popular and unique after that of JB Mpiana, listen to Hihoha new image how they complemented each other. However with age he has lost his voice. If you judge him based on the current releases. He is pretty average

archos #49 on: August 14, 2020, 17:47

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
For me there are 4 werra's the first who was very determined to earn a name in 4X4,the one until kibuisa who was not singing as deep as in 4 X4 but was delivering,the one after temoignage who could not care less about proving he is a good singer but was fully focused on showing he is an outstanding showman and the 4th werra who is in full chill mode
the comparison with wazekwa and tata is interesting as it seems to be the same process and by the way there is also some seen as good singers who are clearly seen as having dropped
and yes for me werra is a good singer,he just maybe does not fancy showing it,remember werra ever since the split has praised himself for almost everything except his singing, and to sing to your best you also have to love singing and be demanding upon yourself thats how guys like mabialo who is not 15 years younger or modogo who is not ten years younger are still having a strong level,because they love themselves as singers and they know they set themselves standards which they have to be on their toes on not to ear" ah on dirait voix ebebi hein"

Manzambi94 #50 on: August 14, 2020, 20:12

• View Profile

I sware I will beat up everyome who will try to say that I am a Werra hater

You are a Werra hater. Come beat me  ;D ;D ;D

You clearly don't know my story.

When I was little I was watching every song of Werra I could find, I know the 2001 Kora Awards performance of Werra by memory both the video part with the choreography and the singing part with the Mandela, Kisanola, Ilo Zappata, Luketo etc. I remember Polystar's guitar without the accords and Werra and Maison Mere doing a bis of the performance after the first exhibitiom ended with Shagvy and Angelike Kidjo who described the exhibition as burning and hot that night Werra even won two prices and on the video you can see J3 and Heritier chanting and being happy. The reason I am a musician is because of Werra the reason I have an excellent musical taste is because of Werra since I have started to listen to him in my early teenage years (12 till now) and Koffi (which I have listen to since I was born) but if you here my musical style in the music despite being a European born Angolan kid you could clearly hear Werra's sound

Force D'Intervention Rapide 1998 (Bill Clinton and Celeo)
Solola Bien 1999 ( Bill & Celeo)
Terrain Eza Mine 2000 (Bill & Celeo)
Kibuisa Mpimpa 2001 (Bill & Celeo)
A La Queue Leu Leu 2002 (Bill & Celeo)
Skol Tindika Lokito 2004 (Bill & Celeo)
Alerte Generale 2004 (Celeo, Kene Kene, Roi David)
Primus Changement De Frequence 2005 (Celeo, Kene Kene, Roi David)
Temoignage 2005 (Kene Kene, Celeo, Roi David)
Sous-Sol 2006 (Celeo, Roi David, Brigade, Prince, Kene Kene)
Mayi Ya Sika (Temps Present) 2008 (Brigade, Prince, Diego Cao, Lobeso)
Techno Malewa 1 2009 (Lobeso, Brigade, Diego Cao)
Diata Bawu 2010 (Brigade, Lobeso, Sabena Musamariya)
Techno Malewa Vol 2. Suite Et Fin 2011 (Brigade, Lobeso, Sabena Musamariya, Diego Cao)
Satellite +2 2012 (Diego Cao, Lobeso, Brandon Avatar, Liboka Ya Pondu)
Education 2013 (Brandon Avatar, Lobeso)
Petite Ya Quartier 2014 (Prince, Lobeso, Kirikou, Ambulance, Deodorant Waberda)
Fleche Ingeta 1,2,3. 2014 (Bercy Mwana, Lobeso, Prince, Ambulance, Diego Cao)
Sans Poteau 2015 (Ambulance, Lobeso, Bercy Mwana)
Bonne Année La Zamba Playa 2016 (Ambulance, Goldberg, Diego, Liboka)
2017 7 Jours De La Semaine (Ambulance, Goldberg, Diego, Anti-Balle  Makatshwa)
2019 Formidable (Jamaïque, Goldberg, Diego, Croix Rouge)

Here is the list of all the albums of Werra ranked for year and with every atalaku of the album, could you do that? Kosakana na nga te naza Werrasonik ya solo

I have every DVD or CD of Werra and my music playlist on my phone, mp3, Spotify, Apple Music is Werra, I can sing to you Mipende from start to end singing it exactly like Lobeso or sing Ilo Zapata crie by Kene Kene the exact voice he made it, criticizing someone doesn't mean to hate him if we want tk advance as people and as a country we must learn to accept and understand constructive criticism, Werra has showed in his early years he could sing, so he deserve criticism to always try to sing as a first voix when he is not. With that said even the donor thing is about being grateful to who helped you, tell me where on earth Werra gave the order to beat up Photo Joel Mbetenge, for what resson he would do that when Photo Joel was one of his biggest fans Bogus talk even of another person Arika Mboma which I presume is a donor and yet she or he doesn't get help, we have all seen Ali Mbonda, and how he have suffered and he got treated like shit only because he took a pic with Heritier which Werra consider as his son (Heritier) if you tollerate this behaviour you will gladly go to work tomorrow and work for free since we like to ride Werra's side so much we must be impartial in life and jt doesn't matter how good or talented a person is if he fucks up he fucks up
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 20:15 by Manzambi94 »

Wenge1995 #51 on: August 15, 2020, 00:25

• View Profile
For me there are 4 werra's the first who was very determined to earn a name in 4X4,the one until kibuisa who was not singing as deep as in 4 X4 but was delivering,the one after temoignage who could not care less about proving he is a good singer but was fully focused on showing he is an outstanding showman and the 4th werra who is in full chill mode
the comparison with wazekwa and tata is interesting as it seems to be the same process and by the way there is also some seen as good singers who are clearly seen as having dropped
and yes for me werra is a good singer,he just maybe does not fancy showing it,remember werra ever since the split has praised himself for almost everything except his singing, and to sing to your best you also have to love singing and be demanding upon yourself thats how guys like mabialo who is not 15 years younger or modogo who is not ten years younger are still having a strong level,because they love themselves as singers and they know they set themselves standards which they have to be on their toes on not to ear" ah on dirait voix ebebi hein"

If a band of young musicians started getting popular in Kinshasa and started polemic based on who can make the better music, do you think it could spark creativity in Werra or Fally? If I'm not mistake, Wenge Musica started talking shots at Koffi shortly after their breakthrough album.

Cavalier Solitaire #52 on: August 15, 2020, 08:08

• View Profile
Pliz leave my man Adolphe Dominguez out of the faux chanteur debates. Ye aza Grande chanteur yakosakana te. Best vocal in "Eve Sukali", "ah yiiiiiii, nzele na ngai, ohhh, eehee..." :D :D

JV “Lone Ranger” #53 on: August 15, 2020, 08:36

• View Profile
I actually prefer to listen to Werra sing than Wazekwa and Tata...they make my ear bleed

Cavalier Solitaire #54 on: August 15, 2020, 08:46

• View Profile
I actually prefer to listen to Werra sing than Wazekwa and Tata...they make my ear bleed
Album "Politico, piece contre piece" ezoya zala calme ndeko. Lol

JV “Lone Ranger” #55 on: August 15, 2020, 08:51

• View Profile

Bato bako yoka ngo eko zala kk ye, muasi naye na bana...ba ndeko naye kutu balingi buzoba wana te.

Cavalier Solitaire #56 on: August 15, 2020, 08:54

• View Profile

Bato bako yoka ngo eko zala kk ye, muasi naye na bana...ba ndeko naye kutu balingi buzoba wana te.
:D :D

archos #57 on: August 15, 2020, 11:03

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
haha JV i suggest you to listen to early wazekwa under maika munan in his natural voice before he started singing higher when he became more independent from big arrangers, which does not suit him most the time
obviously not a modogo or a serge mabiala but clearly not as bad as he appeared to be when success arrived
he wants so much to prove that he can sing high which he was doing in 83 84  that he keeps trying
as for ya tata welllllll ye penza  its another story 

Mfumu Vata #58 on: August 15, 2020, 15:17

• View Profile

If a band of young musicians started getting popular in Kinshasa and started polemic based on who can make the better music, do you think it could spark creativity in Werra or Fally? If I'm not mistake, Wenge Musica started talking shots at Koffi shortly after their breakthrough album.

No, they would have killed themselves. Wenge Musica didn't throw shots at Koffi shortly after their breaktrought album. It was like 3/4 years after it and it was also on their 5th album when they had already a big fanbase. When Wenge Musica released the remix album of Mulolo (called Live), they were seen as heirs of Victoria Eleison, because of the traditional rhythm like on Okosi Nga Mfumu and other Kester's songs. It came out in period when they got arrested which made everybody getting interested in them. But in the same era, Emeneya was preparing his comeback after being down for a long time and he suddenly started attacking them in various interviews, concerts and his album Mokosa. If Wenge Musica reacted against him in that era, they would have been finished. But they were smart to not respond him, until that Emeneya went on tour in 1991 and never returned with Wenge Musica slowly taking his fanbase in Kinshasa, the public claiming that Emeneya ran away for Wenge Musica (like the way they said about Wemba when he decided to settle France in 1987 for Victoria Eleison's fame), the press saying that Emeneya throw his rhythm away on the road and Wenge picking it up (for the way that Emeneya changed his original rhythm on Mokosa & Everybody).

About Wenge Musica attacking Koffi Olomide, it more them reacting to Koffi's attacks on Noblesse Oblige and those of Pepe Kalle & Djuna Mumbafu. The young public agreed, because Koffi Olomide himself started to use atalaku's, Wenge's clothing style. If it was the other way around, they would have created their own grave.

Manzambi94 #59 on: August 15, 2020, 15:25

• View Profile

No, they would have killed themselves. Wenge Musica didn't throw shots at Koffi shortly after their breaktrought album. It was like 3/4 years after it and it was also on their 5th album when they had already a big fanbase. When Wenge Musica released the remix album of Mulolo (called Live), they were seen as heirs of Victoria Eleison, because of the traditional rhythm like on Okosi Nga Mfumu and other Kester's songs. It came out in period when they got arrested which made everybody getting interested in them. But in the same era, Emeneya was preparing his comeback after being down for a long time and he suddenly started attacking them in various interviews, concerts and his album Mokosa. If Wenge Musica reacted against him in that era, they would have been finished. But they were smart to not respond him, until that Emeneya went on tour in 1991 and never returned with Wenge Musica slowly taking his fanbase in Kinshasa, the public claiming that Emeneya ran away for Wenge Musica (like the way they said about Wemba when he decided to settle France in 1987 for Victoria Eleison's fame), the press saying that Emeneya throw his rhythm away on the road and Wenge picking it up (for the way that Emeneya changed his original rhythm on Mokosa & Everybody).

About Wenge Musica attacking Koffi Olomide, it more them reacting to Koffi's attacks on Noblesse Oblige and those of Pepe Kalle & Djuna Mumbafu. The young public agreed, because Koffi Olomide himself started to use atalaku's, Wenge's clothing style. If it was the other way around, they would have created their own grave.

Mmmm interesting, basically is the same reason why Celeo career never started and Innoss is keeping his I am a good guy I love everybody persona if you think about it Celeo after the feat with Ferre and even more with his first album, he was getting recognition, one of the few atalakus if not.the only one with a chance of having a successful career but he started to attack everybody way before then Fally, starting by Werra and making people people more and more disinterested in his music but loving his rant against people and until he was attacking/reacting to peoole with not much power or that they didn't care because they saw him as too little (like Werra for example or Sankara or Brigade) it was okay, but then I don't know what clicked and Fally decided to finish him, it is a shame because Celeo is a legend but apparently he is too much oblivious of the games and codes to play in the showbiz to go on top, I am waiting for the day Innoss becomes really big and start to say directly to his haters what he really.thinks, even But Na Fillet is doing that game of saying "Ah I love everybody"