Author Topic: Who's the best arranger in the genre?  (Read 4212 times)

Paysan Congolais on: November 05, 2020, 14:52

• View Profile
Maika Munan?

Rigo Star?

Sec Bidens?

Alain Makaba?

Flamme Kapaya?

Others?

What do you guys think?

MwanaMokili #1 on: November 05, 2020, 15:51

• View Profile

For Me,

1. Sec Bidens, closley followed by Alain Makaba

Mfumu Vata #2 on: November 05, 2020, 19:25

• View Profile
Maika Munan?

Rigo Star?

Sec Bidens?

Alain Makaba?

Flamme Kapaya?

Others?

What do you guys think?

You forgot Al Nzimbi who made Feux de l'Amour with JB, Kibuisa Mpimpa & A La Que Leu Leu with Werrason and Tremblement de Terre with General Defao. Also Souzy Kaseya who worked with almost all big names of DR Congo. Djudju-Chet Luvengoka who arranged for Wenge Aile Paris the albums Molangi Ya Malasi, Nganga Nzambe & Eboulement Total, for General Defao his albums Guerre de 100 Ans and Bana Congo volume 1 and for Aurlus Mabele the album Dossier X.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 19:27 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #3 on: November 05, 2020, 19:37

• View Profile
I think Maika Munan he made Nouvelle Ecriture, Pole Position and Foridoles for Papa Wemba (Papa Wemba was fair for mentioning him as "realisateur and direction musicale" this album and crediting him as composer for most songs), Arsenal des Belles Melodies & Droit Chemin for Fally Ipupa (who are seen as Fally's best albums), Solola Bien for Werrason (I wonder why Werrason never tried to contact him for other albums, was it for the way he started to shout at him and Adolphe in the studio?), Koweit Rive Gauche, Wake Up, Loi & Noblesse Oblige for Koffi Olomide, Le Monde Envers (aka Armageddon) for Wenge El Paris and for Reddy Amisi he arranged the albums Injustice, Prudence, Ziggy and Etoile.

Paysan Congolais #4 on: November 05, 2020, 19:47

• View Profile
Maika Munan?

Rigo Star?

Sec Bidens?

Alain Makaba?

Flamme Kapaya?

Others?

What do you guys think?

You forgot Al Nzimbi who made Feux de l'Amour with JB, Kibuisa Mpimpa & A La Que Leu Leu with Werrason and Tremblement de Terre with General Defao. Also Souzy Kaseya who worked with almost all big names of DR Congo. Djudju-Chet Luvengoka who arranged for Wenge Aile Paris the albums Molangi Ya Malasi, Nganga Nzambe & Eboulement Total, for General Defao his albums Guerre de 100 Ans and Bana Congo volume 1 and for Aurlus Mabele the album Dossier X.
You're right I forgot those big names. Souzy Kaseya and Al Nzimbi.

Also, I did not think about Dju-Dju Chet. Good catch. Nganga Nzambe is a gem.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 19:49 by Paysan Congolais »

Paysan Congolais #5 on: November 05, 2020, 19:49

• View Profile
I think Maika Munan he made Nouvelle Ecriture, Pole Position and Foridoles for Papa Wemba (Papa Wemba was fair for mentioning him as "realisateur and direction musicale" this album and crediting him as composer for most songs), Arsenal des Belles Melodies & Droit Chemin for Fally Ipupa (who are seen as Fally's best albums), Solola Bien for Werrason (I wonder why Werrason never tried to contact him for other albums, was it for the way he started to shout at him and Adolphe in the studio?), Koweit Rive Gauche, Wake Up, Loi & Noblesse Oblige for Koffi Olomide, Le Monde Envers (aka Armageddon) for Wenge El Paris and for Reddy Amisi he arranged the albums Injustice, Prudence, Ziggy and Etoile.

I might say you convinced with Maika. I knew he was great but this list put him in another dimension in my mind.

However, wasn't Souzy also involved in Koweit RIve Gauche?

BercysFinest98 #6 on: November 06, 2020, 12:33

• View Profile
What about Philippe Guez?! He had such a golden touch!

Mfumu Vata #7 on: November 06, 2020, 12:44

• View Profile
Oh yes that true, I forgot you got also Thierry Gaillon and the other French guy who used to work with Congolese artists. The difference with them is that they were mostly working under direction of Maika Munan, Al Nzimbi, Souzy Kaseya and co and them not being the realisateur of the album (I don't know how you it in English). Like for example Koffi's albums after 1992 were mostly under direction/concepted by Koffi himself and sometimes Maika Munan. A La Que Leu Leu & Kibuisa Mpimpa were those of Al Nzimbi despite Philphe Guez involvement.

Mfumu Vata #8 on: November 06, 2020, 12:46

• View Profile

I might say you convinced with Maika. I knew he was great but this list put him in another dimension in my mind.

However, wasn't Souzy also involved in Koweit RIve Gauche?

Yes, he also played guitar in that album, but it was Maika Munan who was the artistic director of that album.

masatomo #9 on: November 06, 2020, 13:40

• View Profile

Maika Munan used to shout at Werra & Adolphe in the studio ? Hahaha I imagine the scene

Paysan Congolais #10 on: November 06, 2020, 14:29

• View Profile

Maika Munan used to shout at Werra & Adolphe in the studio ? Hahaha I imagine the scene

Poor Werra. He's always bullied in the studio  ;D ;D ;D