Author Topic: THE CHORUS OF BABIA ERIC TUTI MUSTAPHA MAMALE AND CO IS QUITE UNDERRATED  (Read 309 times)

CM PRINCE on: September 30, 2023, 21:01

• View Profile

When people talk about quartier latin choruses it's always the legendary Magic/V12 chorus that consists of Suzuki, Babia, Eric, Modogo, Willy, and Sam, or sometimes the danger de mort lineup chorus. But I always think the Attentat  chorus deserves to be up there too, it's only because we had one album of that chorus. The Force de frappe chorus was good too, mainly because Mustapha was covering majority of the songs before having his vocals deleted.

I really like the Attentat Chorus because it's literally dominated by Babia, Eric, Mustapha and Mamale to bring a balance for the rest of the line up. You can feel their absence in later albums and concerts especially from 2001-2005 with Lola and Jipson destroying the chorus especially at their concert in LSC after Mustapa's departure

Also at their concert for Christmas in LSC 2002 Soleil was also ruining the chorus on some songs especially in SOS he was doing too much.

My question is Koffi used to care so much about choruses in the early years, why didn't he quickly sort it out after Effrakata or coach them how to do choruses properly? I know Fally and co were chasing tenorists away but surely he could've sorted it out. I know Paparazzi who was brought in to replace Mustapha and Babia took Jipson's place for an African tour with Jipson getting left behind, they apparently did witchcraft on him because he suddenly couldn't hit high notes anymore which resulted with Koffi calling his staff back in Kin and ordered them to get Jipson to join them, which made Paparazzi lose his place.

archos #1 on: September 30, 2023, 21:07

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
bro you read my mind lol yesterday i was listened to attentat on a road trip and i was like wait a minute that chorus is solid they did a great work
talking about paparazzi he is a pastor now
ah babia,such a legend but has probablya shorter playtime than omba in latino's history man literally went from 1999 to 2010 without a single vocal then from that until his death a similar time of vocals than robinio mundibu in maison mere,one vocal and half ,what a pity
our guy asso is another with a weird time in the group/amount of vocals rate
i think with the chorus of the fally jipson and co generation their stardom kind of dominated the usual koffi logic,the most popular had to be untouchable in choruses,in reality the best chorus of their team would most likely have montana deo brondo bouro and all three being versatile as the main men then the other guys rotating around like the way the previous chorus was built around babia suzuki and modogo then sam mamale depitcho would slot in between

« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 21:14 by archos »

CM PRINCE #2 on: September 30, 2023, 23:08

• View Profile
Yeah the attentat chorus is really good. Babia just about beat Omba in playing time but it's true it's a disgrace how he never got vocals in BEK and only that short vocal in Abracadabra. Asso same thing, I'm just glad he was able to sing in legende hopefully in vol 2 he gets to add another one in.
Bouro was okay in vocals but would also mess up the chorus sometimes by doing his annoying freestyles or wait 2 seconds after everyone else especially after he returned from Academia.
Is Paparazzi's preaches on YouTube?