Author Topic: Suzuki is angry at Koffi  (Read 5392 times)

Franco Pepe Kalle on: May 08, 2018, 04:59

• View Profile

He says that he wants to honor Koffi but believes that Koffi wants him gone and hates him with passion. This is so sad. But as one person says "C'est la vie".

Matebu #1 on: May 08, 2018, 05:51

• View Profile
Nonsense. This is the same Suzuki singing Koffi’s hits every Saturday at Chez Ndonga. Every so often he puts out an attention seeking interview like this.

Bundes36 #2 on: May 08, 2018, 06:38

• View Profile
kkkkkkkk..Suzuki sings Koffi's songs?....like Koffi's albums are not full of other people's songs?..lokola ye moko Koffi alobaka ete koyeba mosala,ba oyo bayeba ye fort ba koloba ete eza koyeba mosala..kasi koyiba mosala.

Paysan Congolais #3 on: May 08, 2018, 11:13

• View Profile
Nonsense. This is the same Suzuki singing Koffi’s hits every Saturday at Chez Ndonga. Every so often he puts out an attention seeking interview like this.

I don't think that's a problem.

Suzuki helped a lot in building Quartier Latin. And if we're honest, guys like Suzuki were never correctly compensated for the work they did. Koffi gave them fame but he also scammed them. Koffi has no moral right to forbid a guy like Suzuki, especially him, from playing those songs.

Ken Bilele #4 on: May 08, 2018, 12:58

• View Profile
Wait until he'll start having strong mpulupulusonorous then he will look for Koffi to take him back.

Matebu #5 on: May 08, 2018, 13:27

• View Profile
Every weekend he’s performing Koffi’s songs and being paid as a result... have you guys not seen the footage? If he wasn’t already, then it’d be a different story

Matebu #6 on: May 08, 2018, 14:01

• View Profile
And btw, the first generation of QL were still paid better than Viva La Musica or Wenge Maison mère employees... those QL members saw Wenge 4x4 members with cars & villas so they wanted the same perks as well. They didn’t get it, so a few of them left late ‘98.

The second generation QL members were all gifted Benzes after Bercy, and even dancers had villas during that era. Of course they won’t talk about that in interviews.

Manzambi94 #7 on: May 08, 2018, 17:25

• View Profile
I don't care how big Koffi is Suzuki needs credit for what he created I can't stand that only because he became a legend Koffi like he made himself, to start he was a member of Viva if I don't go wrong and without Papa Wemba's help and support Koffi wouldn't  even recorded the first album which was a huge fail so Suzuki can talk how he want.

Matebu #8 on: May 08, 2018, 17:45

• View Profile
I don't care how big Koffi is Suzuki needs credit for what he created I can't stand that only because he became a legend Koffi like he made himself, to start he was a member of Viva if I don't go wrong and without Papa Wemba's help and support Koffi wouldn't  even recorded the first album which was a huge fail so Suzuki can talk how he want.

Koffi was never a member of Viva la Musica. He was Wemba’s ghostwriter when Wemba started to struggle early on his career (early 80’s) and he also assisted him when him (Wemba) first began settle in Europe. If he was a Viva member, that would also mean that Wazekwa was a Viva member too.

Have you ever listened Pas de Faux Pas? Koffi put an 18 year old Suzuki on the map by showcasing him on the album and giving him space to shine.  Till this day Suzuki’s most famous song is Stilla.  If Suzuki really advanced in his solo career, then he wouldn’t be talking about Koffi now at all. I’m a huge Suzuki fan, but it is what it is. 

I hate to keep having to come to his defense, but y’all are trying to find ways to undermine Koffi with false facts because you dislike him.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 17:52 by Matebu »

CM PRINCE #9 on: May 08, 2018, 18:11

• View Profile
Suzuki can be quiet cause the guy always does over 100 interviews dissing koffi than next thing you see him go to kin and visit koffi, these guys always like to do interviews dissing koffi only because they know it catches peoples attention especially people on this forum who just enjoy bashing koffi over any little thing he does just because they dislike him smh

Bundes36 #10 on: May 09, 2018, 06:40

• View Profile

Koffi was never a member of Viva la Musica. He was Wemba’s ghostwriter when Wemba started to struggle early on his career (early 80’s) and he also assisted him when him (Wemba) first began settle in Europe. If he was a Viva member, that would also mean that Wazekwa was a Viva member too.

Have you ever listened Pas de Faux Pas? Koffi put an 18 year old Suzuki on the map by showcasing him on the album and giving him space to shine.  Till this day Suzuki’s most famous song is Stilla.  If Suzuki really advanced in his solo career, then he wouldn’t be talking about Koffi now at all. I’m a huge Suzuki fan, but it is what it is. 

I hate to keep having to come to his defense, but y’all are trying to find ways to undermine Koffi with false facts because you dislike him.
Brother-man Koffi was a 100% member of Viva la Musica..that is if u don't want to say Papa Wemba's singer...he was not a song writer like Wazekwa.He was a singer with a lot of ambitions to sing...find a man called Vieux Veron in Kinshasa and ask him about this.Wazekwa is a different case.And in Viva la Musica it's not like he wrote a lot of songs for wember..could only be a few...Koffi is NOT one of the best composers or song writers you will find in Rhumba music.coming to Suzuki...Suzuki may not have become a big musician after leaving Quartier Latin YES!! but he contributed massively to  the development of that groupe..am not saying Suzuki only...all the members of quartier latin from the time the groupe was created.Even this time around Koffi does not compose songs for himself...even Nyataqance 90% is by very young boys whom he fired after they completed recordings.He maybe a good singer but a big composer or song writer.Even songs about Aliane are composed by other people...So Suzuki can even be right when he complains about Koffi.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 06:45 by Bundes36 »

Matebu #11 on: May 09, 2018, 07:05

• View Profile
^ Not sure what you’re going on about; Wemba even said in interviews that he was not an official  member. They had a strong relationship back then that went beyond music in those years according to Wemba himself. Wemba even named one of his sons Koffi Olomide. I also have footage of Koffi as his sound engineer when he was recording in Brussels in 1983.

You simply dislike koffi, so I don’t exactly expect impartiality on this subject matter. I’m just trying to rectify false information because weekly we get threads like this... based on hate instead of facts, and then it’s either Mvulusi , Archos or myself taking the time to explain what actually happened. It’s tiring for people who just want to appreciate music.

Bundes36 #12 on: May 09, 2018, 07:49

• View Profile
^ Not sure what you’re going on about; Wemba even said in interviews that he was not an official  member. They had a strong relationship back then that went beyond music in those years according to Wemba himself. Wemba even named one of his sons Koffi Olomide. I also have footage of Koffi as his sound engineer when he was recording in Brussels in 1983.

You simply dislike koffi, so I don’t exactly expect impartiality on this subject matter. I’m just trying to rectify false information because weekly we get threads like this... based on hate instead of facts, and then it’s either Mvulusi , Archos or myself taking the time to explain what actually happened. It’s tiring for people who just want to appreciate music.
no Brother-man...I don't hate Koffi....I ve been following for so long now...my friends call me Mopao.....I ve been following Quartier Latin for too long..now just because I like Koffi does not mean that I should side with everything that he does even when its wrong or not true...he is rich and he is a good singer but not the best song writer and that is normal.Now Koffi's cadres never get along with such normalities...the likes of Suzuki and other acient QL soldiers are the roots of QL.Even Koff himself knows that deep in his heart...He also knows deep in his heart that he was Wenba's singer...moto akosa bino te.Tolingaka vieux Rambo mingi mingi...azalaka na ye danger na koyemba..mais na makambo mosusu a dependerka epa bato mosusu...na esika akomi lelo oyo..bato nde bakomisi ye wana..vie ya moto nioso ezalaka boye.