Author Topic: Yondo Sister- Planete  (Read 3536 times)

Longbluesquid on: May 08, 2018, 05:58

• View Profile
Tonight I'm listening to the classic Groupe Planete from Yondo Sister. I'm curious if anyone has the song titles, I think they could be out of order. There is a song with Emeneya and wemba called "Djina" not sure if that's the right name.

Also what happened to Yondo?  She was sooo powerful with Agenda and disappeared.

Franco Pepe Kalle #1 on: May 08, 2018, 22:01

• View Profile
I know Yondo Sister lives in France like Shimita. BTW Shimita El Diego is preparing new music as well as Yondo Sister. When it will come out, I don't know.

Matebu #2 on: May 09, 2018, 03:39

• View Profile
@Longbluesquid do you happen to have the CD? I lost mine... only have Bilanga in my music library. Such a fantastic album. FBI is a another nice one

Btw on the album there's also a featuring with Emeneya's brother. Their voices are so similar. The one with Kester and Wemba I believe is called Nyota and the one with Joly Mubiala is called Celi Cela.

Wemba & Kester were not in the studio together when it was recorded because of their strong polemic.

I saw Yondo when I went to Switzerland a while back. She is putting finishing touches on a new album and looking for producers. She also went to Paris recently to record 2 new songs with Defao, the man sitting on a gold mine of new songs.

SoukousFan #3 on: May 09, 2018, 03:46

• View Profile
I always wonder, with the way they are soo inactive, how do they earn income when not performing/selling music?

Matebu #4 on: May 09, 2018, 04:07

• View Profile
I always wonder, with the way they are soo inactive, how do they earn income when not performing/selling music?

A lot of the ex-Soukous Star almuni have had small concerts together in the US, Europe, & Colombia over the years. They do get a little royalty money also. Aside from that, I too often wonder myself how certain artists make a liveable salary from music.

Unfortuately, some past artist now have basic civilian jobs because when musical income stopped coming in completely. Suzuki, Roberto Ekokota, Willy Bula, & Somono to name a few out of many - and they have local small performances on weekends. Then there are stories of certain artists essentially having "sugar mamas" that began as being x artist's fan.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:09 by Matebu »

Longbluesquid #5 on: May 09, 2018, 12:50

• View Profile
Yes I do. I know it's hard to find. FBI and bazo are the only ones on streaming.

Matebu #6 on: May 09, 2018, 18:01

• View Profile
Yes I do. I know it's hard to find. FBI and bazo are the only ones on streaming.

Would you mind sharing it? It’d be greatly appreciated

EMOVICTEAM #7 on: May 09, 2018, 19:37

• View Profile
.....was almost asking the same question....