Author Topic: Archive; Adolphe Dominguez - Affaire Tonya Tonya 9 Videoclips (2001)  (Read 6130 times)

mvulusi96 on: June 14, 2018, 17:52

CM PRINCE #1 on: June 14, 2018, 18:31

• View Profile
How adolphe lost this team is beyond me Tonya Tonya was fire they were a huge threat to maison mere, Bcbg and QL

archos #2 on: June 14, 2018, 18:39

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
lol mbonzo,the most changed of the greco spokesmen
adolphe was the first to show there is still some family in clan wenge mentioning wives of jb werra blaise makaba masela in guy ongagou
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 18:57 by archos »

CM PRINCE #3 on: June 15, 2018, 16:36

• View Profile

Matebu #4 on: June 15, 2018, 18:07

• View Profile
Vieux Trinita... love the clips from this album, very authentic and nostalgic. Kiekie, Adolphe grand danseur. No leader was touching him in that department then

How adolphe lost this team is beyond me Tonya Tonya was fire they were a huge threat to maison mere, Bcbg and QL

It's a shame he seriously shot his career in the foot by recording in Kin while everyone else recorded theirs in top Paris studios. People brushed it off local music (Blaise also with Ponderation 8 ) so it never got the respect it deserved.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 18:10 by Matebu »

mvulusi96 #5 on: June 16, 2018, 09:36

His musicians would ran away if he decided to record that album in Europe. If he was signed to a big musiclabel like JPS Production or Sonodisc then he could have recorded in Kinshasa or Brazzaville with mobile-studio like the way Somo Trop, Sponsor, Nouvelle Ecriture, Jugement Dernier were recorded. Don't forget that the studio fees of Affaire Tonya Tonya were for the most part paid by Adolphe himself. Alot albums who were recorded in Kinshasa (Ponderation 8, Longue Histoire vol. 1 & 2, Bouclage, etc.) were for the most part paid by the bandleaders themselves. I remember Emeneya back in 1999 struggling to get a musiclabel to produce that album. Some were recorded there for the love of their country (Cocktail & Mboka Mboka) or to support Congolese musicpromoters (Rigo Makengo, Jhimmy Mukelenge, Bob Masua, etc.) who were complaining about forgeiners getting their market. A La Une for example, Papa Wemba gave that album to Rigo Makengo to support him and decided to record it in Kinshasa before the tour in Europe just for patriotism.

SADIKI TIGER #6 on: June 19, 2018, 10:46

• View Profile
I am equally puzzled why this album was not a hit? Surely, Adolphe could have been one of fierce competitor against Maison Mere and BCBG, was it lack of charisma? or was overcrowded by the affair of Maison Mere vs BCBG? The guy at 11:00 surely he joined Quarte LATIN at one time, the team of FERRE GOLA and FALLY IPUPA, and so this was the time LACOSTE joined Adolphe for a short spell and then returned to Maison Mere?

mvulusi96 #7 on: June 19, 2018, 14:15

I am equally puzzled why this album was not a hit? Surely, Adolphe could have been one of fierce competitor against Maison Mere and BCBG, was it lack of charisma? or was overcrowded by the affair of Maison Mere vs BCBG? The guy at 11:00 surely he joined Quarte LATIN at one time, the team of FERRE GOLA and FALLY IPUPA, and so this was the time LACOSTE joined Adolphe for a short spell and then returned to Maison Mere?

I don't how Affaire Tonya Tonya was received in the rest of Africa, but in DR Congo, Congo Brazzaville, Angola and the Congolese diaspora it was actually a big hit. With Irene Mokabila being the 3th song of the year and Adolphe Dominguez the 3th star of the year behind Werrason and JB Mpiana. Wenge Tonya Tonya was a big threat to Maison Mere, Quartier Latin, BCBC & Nouvelle Ecriture. They had musicians like Shella Mputu, Lisha Shombo, Didier Lacoste, Chibida Dumbu, Washinton, Petit Chirac, Diego Cao, Gianfranco, Kompressor, Spino La Djatence, Petit Canard, Papillion, etc. I remember Spino Djatence fighting against Baby Ndombe & Bill Clinton during a tv-show of Djo K. when they came to celebrate Werrason's 2 kora's with them attacking Spino who was representing his band and doing a playblack. Adolphe Dominguez went to tour in Europe with his band and performed at Olympia & LSC. But problems started when the most musicians decided to stay in Europe. Shortly after that he released Affaire Mouna, with the hitsongs Mouna & Inspiration but the album not really well received in Kinshasa and Europe. Then musicians started to leave one by one. It mostly due to Adolphe's staff (Mbonzo, etc.) who were giving his musicians a hard time and started to gossip about them to Adolphe Dominguez. First Didier Lacoste who went back to Maison Mere, then Gianfranco who went to join Maison Mere to replace Serge Mabiala and went to change his name in Jitrois Gailliano, after that Washington who went to Quartier Latin for a short time and then Shella Mputu who was after that almost 1 year without work before joining Quartier Latin.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 14:17 by mvulusi96 »

Wenge1995 #8 on: June 19, 2018, 15:03

• View Profile
@mvulusi96

I'm surprised Shella Mputu went almost a year without any work, the man was a fantastic singer! And I had no idea that atalaku Washington joined Wenge BCBG.

What ever became of Wenge Tonya Tonya's soloist?

mvulusi96 #9 on: June 19, 2018, 15:20

@mvulusi96

I'm surprised Shella Mputu went almost a year without any work, the man was a fantastic singer! And I had no idea that atalaku Washington joined Wenge BCBG.

What ever became of Wenge Tonya Tonya's soloist?

They are all based in Europe doing sometimes session work. Don t know anything about Canard. But Papilon performs sometimes with Adamo's band in Belgium

Washington didn't  join Wenge BCBG. He joined Quartier Latin

archos #10 on: June 19, 2018, 16:55

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
shella went almost a year without work because his favorite group to join then wenge bcbg refused to get him to protect relationship with adolphe
talking about tonya tonya, i was speaking with a friend today who was close to many artists and he told me tonya tonya got broken through sorcery,some artists sent people to throw powders and bury stuff  to curse where they were rehearsing(jb ran away from palm beach rehearsal for suspecting a similar thing) and create mess in the group with musicians then having strong spats with adolphe out of nowhere and that despite them artists claiming to be enemies or being enemies for real ate together in restaurant etoile of grand hotel to celebrate how they destroyed the group

Congolitude #11 on: June 19, 2018, 21:24

• View Profile
What does Adolphe have on his beard? An infection ? before, what he had on the beard was very little present but today his entire beard is touched

mvulusi96 #12 on: June 19, 2018, 21:31

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 21:34 by mvulusi96 »

Matebu #13 on: June 19, 2018, 21:32

• View Profile
What does Adolphe have on his beard? An infection ? before, what he had on the beard was very little present but today his entire beard is touched

Keloids. He's very subconscious about it; unfortunate lifelong situation.

Congolitude #14 on: June 19, 2018, 22:35

• View Profile