Author Topic: INTROUDICNG A NEW LANGUAGE  (Read 1772 times)

Manzambi94 on: December 23, 2019, 08:11

• View Profile
I love the fact we use English as the official language on the forum l. But I think since 95 per cent of us are Congolese and understand Lingala we should use Lingala as our first language and translate the post in English what do you think about it? It will hepp all the member to learn and know Lingala so they could communicate better with us

bencuri #1 on: December 23, 2019, 08:47

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Unfortunately this is not possible here. We, who founded the forum (DJ Sly and later me) speak mostly English and we intended to create a place for the English speaking Congolese music fans. English is more widely spoken in the world, and this way, the forum can be read by more people, thus being a bigger advertisement for Congolese music. If people start speaking Lingala here, many people in the world won't be able to join us, and Congolese music related talk will become much more restricted to a small group. Moreover, we, the admins, won't be able to check time by time what's going on in the forum, and in case someone has a problem, like recently, we will have to ask translators to learn about the issues, and that would be quite a complicated way to maintain the forum.  Lingala speaking would only be useful if we would also speak fluent Lingala.