Author Topic: My Review of Fally’s new album Tokooos  (Read 12616 times)

Mwana Nsalu #15 on: October 12, 2017, 17:45

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
nothing wrong with doing and trying different things musically. the truth of the matter is fally's attempt at 'different' just wasn't that great lol some people love it. some people hate it. some others in the middle but at the end of the day FOR ME i dont dislike 'Tokooos' because fally was 'trying something new' he does a lot of 'trying new things' on his rumba albums if we are honest about fally's musical direction has always pushed the envelop (i been wanting to make a thread about this but i'm too lazy lol maybe one day) and mixed influences in a way that is more  universal already so doing "world music" so to speak is a natural progression. or so i thought. i dislike it because it was an extremely lazy attempt at trying to jump on the current musical bandwagon. i was actually excited to hear what he would do but it was a very lazy attempt.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 17:48 by Mwana Nsalu »

Matebu #16 on: October 12, 2017, 18:06

• View Profile
There you have it, great constructive reasoning bandeko(s). I hope you don't revert to calling everyone a hater @mrvibes

@manzambi; can you please clarify "Libre Parcours #2 is the best generique ever made so far". If you mean Fally's best ever, then I completely agree, but if you mean best of all time, then strongly disagree. Best générique this 2010's decade is as far as I'm willing to stretch it.

Manzambi94 #17 on: October 12, 2017, 18:41

• View Profile
There you have it, great constructive reasoning bandeko(s). I hope you don't revert to calling everyone a hater @mrvibes

@manzambi; can you please clarify "Libre Parcours #2 is the best generique ever made so far". If you mean Fally's best ever, then I completely agree, but if you mean best of all time, then strongly disagree. Best générique this 2010's decade is as far as I'm willing to stretch it.
Yes for Fally it is the best Generique ever both for the video concept and the concept the line of Kabuya Dieux Ma Sauvez knowing the character of Kabuya it is a masterpiece and adding the fact that he played homage to all the Congolese musician in Libre Parcours #2, did his typical style of Generique in Libre Parcours #1 and greeted Koffi in Libre Parcours is something only a genius can make, for the best generique made in history can't really say which is because they are very very much you go in the time of United Wenge and you have Pentagon, you go to the split you got things like A La Queue Leu Leu, Se Na She and Mpunda along with Je Ne Te Calcule Pas and for Koffi you have Loi which I think in terms of success is definitely the best, you got Wazekwa with Et Apres there are a lot of generique who can be the best but I can't really pick the greatest. For Mwana Nsalu yes absolutely since American and Nigerians are the King in the music industry he tried to replicate the same thing and adding French songs to it like the one with Aya Nakamura of course his fanbase will love it, but even Rally knows that he did that only to get French clients not for the music in itself
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:00 by Manzambi94 »

JV “Lone Ranger” #18 on: October 12, 2017, 19:50

• View Profile
Lol...Na all of una sabi o....when una don blow una grammar finish, everybody go go rest....I am just passing... Lol. @JV, where are you?

Lol....I actually like this album, after attempting to re-listen every song....i love “tout le monde danse”....lets just enjoy this guy cos him and Werra are the only ones brave enough to break new barriers, unlike some...****cough****Papa yohji

Manzambi94 #19 on: October 12, 2017, 19:56

• View Profile
Lol...Na all of una sabi o....when una don blow una grammar finish, everybody go go rest....I am just passing... Lol. @JV, where are you?

Lol....I actually like this album, after attempting to re-listen every song....i love “tout le monde danse”....lets just enjoy this guy cos him and Werra are the only ones brave enough to break new barriers, unlike some...****cough****Papa yohji
Like my Brazzaville friend said: "JB Asila".

JV “Lone Ranger” #20 on: October 12, 2017, 20:10

• View Profile

mrvibes #21 on: October 12, 2017, 20:37

• View Profile
Fally is a solo artist and knows very well what he is doing. We must know that music is an universal thing does not have any barriers. Changing music style is comon to real true artist . i recognize a real artist when he can Sing , dance, interpret, compose  play an instrument a be versatile.when you can adapt to any kind of style and is pull a big load off fans to listen and love your music, me that's a big win. Fally is doing exactly that and proving it black on white .
I dont wanna be talking about generique or such since its a community and somme african country thing. . onlu legent recognize legend. And r kelly did it with fally .

Toolz #22 on: October 12, 2017, 21:16

• View Profile

JV, that Papa Yohji left me in stitches....Na real Papa Yohji....a la fashion parade...lol

Matebu #23 on: October 12, 2017, 21:24

• View Profile
lol, speaking of Bin Adam, we've gone a full week without a thread about him or BCBG. Emo should be rejoicing  :

Toolz #24 on: October 12, 2017, 21:42

• View Profile

CM PRINCE #25 on: October 12, 2017, 22:53

• View Profile
lol, speaking of Bin Adam, we've gone a full week without a thread about him or BCBG. Emo should be rejoicing  :
;D  ;D

Manzambi94 #26 on: October 12, 2017, 23:33

• View Profile
Fally is a solo artist and knows very well what he is doing. We must know that music is an universal thing does not have any barriers. Changing music style is comon to real true artist . i recognize a real artist when he can Sing , dance, interpret, compose  play an instrument a be versatile.when you can adapt to any kind of style and is pull a big load off fans to listen and love your music, me that's a big win. Fally is doing exactly that and proving it black on white .
I dont wanna be talking about generique or such since its a community and somme african country thing. . onlu legent recognize legend. And r kelly did it with fally .
Ahah you are calling a pedophile a legend? Ahahahahah
MJ is a legend, Kendrick Lamar is a legend, Rihanna & Beyoncè, Jay-Z are legends the fact that R. Kelly had a hit song dedicated to Michael Jordan in a big movie doesn't mean anything Despacito has 4 billion views but is not a legend material song, and for Africa Rally needs to do a lot of road for being a legend he is on the right track but his last album was a flop artistically
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 23:41 by Manzambi94 »

Manzambi94 #27 on: October 12, 2017, 23:38

• View Profile
Seriously talking I this.k that now that I "know" him more deeply, JB is a Drake type of guy, way too much sensitive and so in love with people who treats him like he is special so.whoever criticize him or comes with real facts like: Your career is over, BDM is a ghost album, you can't be relaying on being a star forever. Becomes an enemy the guys that goes solo and doesn't go with Koffi keeping it real like Abraham becomes bad because they went solo, when in Papa Cherie's mind you should stay in BCBG forever no matter if you haven't got album out.
And furthermore it is CRAZY the way that JB leave Roger Ngandu and Seguin Maniata control his life

CM PRINCE #28 on: October 13, 2017, 00:17

• View Profile
Seriously talking I this.k that now that I "know" him more deeply, JB is a Drake type of guy, way too much sensitive and so in love with people who treats him like he is special so.whoever criticize him or comes with real facts like: Your career is over, BDM is a ghost album, you can't be relaying on being a star forever. Becomes an enemy the guys that goes solo and doesn't go with Koffi keeping it real like Abraham becomes bad because they went solo, when in Papa Cherie's mind you should stay in BCBG forever no matter if you haven't got album out.
And furthermore it is CRAZY the way that JB leave Roger Ngandu and Seguin Maniata control his life
lol I wouldn't compare jb to drake at least drake drops music on a constant basis haha

Manzambi94 #29 on: October 13, 2017, 09:01

• View Profile
lol I wouldn't compare jb to drake at least drake drops music on a constant basis haha
Lol