Author Topic: It still a mystery for me why Defao didn't return immediately back here  (Read 1631 times)

Mfumu Vata on: January 04, 2022, 08:01

• View Profile

It is still a mystery for me why Defao didn't return back to Kinshasa in 2001 or 2002 instead of staying in Nairobi.
Because the Kabila rumors appeared in from 2006/07 when releasing Nzombo le Soir and the missed concert at Grand Hotel of 2007, which had to mark his long awaited return. So what was the reason to stay between 2000-2006 ? It was better to return back when realizing that he won't get visa's for the US anymore. They waited for for months to receive visa's for the remaining musicians of Big Stars in Nairobi, to finish the US-tour that was put on pause in 2000. Back then Defao decided to disband Big Stars, which made Kabosé join Anti Choc, Montana join Quartier Latin and the rest of the band staying in U.K. (Renato Mundele, Eugune Makuta, Bula Mushy, etc.). Because most of his musicians refused to tour with him in Uganda, because of the war that started of Rwanda and Uganda against DR Congo, them fearing for their lives and families in the case that the gouvernement would hear (having witnessed the killings of August '98 in Kinshasa). Also some not trusting Defao, because of them not having the possibility to buy cars like musicians of Wenge BCBG (Wenge Socimat), thinking that it was a trap to go immediately back home instead of going back to the US after it to finish the tour and some remaining dates in Europe.

Franco Pepe Kalle #1 on: January 05, 2022, 03:20

• View Profile
My guess is that Defao felt that one of his fellow compatriots spread the story of Joseph Kabila being the driver for Defao. I will be in trouble for saying this but my guess is Koffi Olomide. Based on Koffi's latest interview, he is the type to cause trouble. Remember why Koffi and Wemba did not mention was because Koffi told Wemba something negative about Kester.

Mfumu Vata #2 on: January 05, 2022, 05:19

• View Profile
The story of Joseph Kabila being his driver started from 2007 when he didn't come for his concert at Grand Hotel Kinshasa. Before it the rumor didn't exist, only that he performed at Uganda. So why would he in those first 7 years not return back to Kinshasa instead of getting humiliated multiple times in Kenya.

Mukulu #3 on: January 05, 2022, 09:48

• View Profile
At that time, Kabosse wanted to integrate BCBG and defao fired him

were Djo Poster and Def able to reconcile after their beef ?

Matebu #4 on: January 05, 2022, 17:15

• View Profile
The story of Joseph Kabila being his driver started from 2007 when he didn't come for his concert at Grand Hotel Kinshasa. Before it the rumor didn't exist, only that he performed at Uganda. So why would he in those first 7 years not return back to Kinshasa instead of getting humiliated multiple times in Kenya.
I remember hearing that his ex-Big Stars camp in Kin that was very disgruntled about the disbandment had spread stories that were very exposing about his tendencies that were very embarrassing, so it killed his reputation there... leading him not to have the courage to return. Some of the thing said/rumored would be met with hostility in Kin especially.

My guess is that Defao felt that one of his fellow compatriots spread the story of Joseph Kabila being the driver for Defao. I will be in trouble for saying this but my guess is Koffi Olomide. Based on Koffi's latest interview, he is the type to cause trouble. Remember why Koffi and Wemba did not mention was because Koffi told Wemba something negative about Kester.

Masta, you stay dragging Koffi into every unfavorable situation. He had nothing at all to do with this.

CM PRINCE #5 on: January 05, 2022, 19:36

• View Profile
Koffi really loves rent free in your head, it’s getting concerning and embarrassing.