Author Topic: Archive; Didier Lacoste & Ferre Gola after the Stade des Martyrs-concert (2003)  (Read 5341 times)

mvulusi96 on: November 13, 2016, 20:33

Didier Lacoste & Ferre Gola after the Stade des Martyrs-concert of the 4 January 2003. This was when Didier Lacoste finally rejoined Maison Mere, after waiting 3 months for them in Kinshasa and recovering from a major car-accident he had after leaving Wenge Tonya Tonya. Ferre was one of the only members who accepted him back in Maison Mere, while the most where against his return and a possible participation in the album A La Que Leu Leu (which didn't happen and himself didn't found necessary).

I wonder why they never did the double-Stade des Martyrs concert, which they cancelled before the Zenith-event and promised to do after their return in Kinshasa. What i found strange was the way the Congolese press said that the concert was a big failure, with Werrason & Maison Mere coming 4 hours to late and only performing 3 songs with the crowd at the end throwing stones and bags with urine. And also that the crowd was only 80.000 spectators, while it was more then 250.000 just a little bit more than that of J.B. Mpiana in 2001 having broken his record.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 20:43 by mvulusi96 »

archos #1 on: November 13, 2016, 21:38

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 i believe  both did  similar  number 250 thousands at best it  is more than twice the number of seats thats quite a lot,but i believe those articles talking bad about werra was part of the jb werra war there were guys writing on jb's behalf,just like there was articles bashing bcbg which actually came from the likes of eliott,criss ibanga and co and from pro-werra journalists like in the case of jb
 double stade des martyrs would surely be way too tough on spiritual level although they had crazy popularity
this makes me think how stupid they have to never do a concert together or with the whole clan in that era
now people have turned their focus a lot towards the younger artists and some even want both to disappear and leave only younger guys and koffi so whatever they try will never be the same as he could have been in those days
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 21:45 by archos »

CM PRINCE #2 on: November 13, 2016, 21:49

• View Profile
Which musicians were against his return to wmm and apart from who else was open for his return? LOL then ten years later lacoste is now claiming ferre's "jealous" of him how times change

masatomo #3 on: November 14, 2016, 17:43

• View Profile
Adjani was against his return if i remember well. Ferre and Baby Ndombe were the first to agreed for his return. I don't know if he was supposed to go in Europe to record A La Queue Leu Leu with them but his car accident happened some days after his return at La Zamba Playa.

mvulusi96 #4 on: November 14, 2016, 19:21

What made Adjani not sing in the A La Que Leu Leu-album and Serge Mabiala beside of the song Jugement Denier having only 2 vocals

masatomo #5 on: November 24, 2016, 22:15

• View Profile
What made Adjani not sing in the A La Que Leu Leu-album and Serge Mabiala beside of the song Jugement Denier having only 2 vocals

Werra didn't want him to sing in A La Queue Leu-Leu because he was tired of him always being late at studio sessions and absent at some concerts. He was suppose to have a song in that album I don't know if it's true. He joined them in Kinshasa only 4-5 months after their concert at Stade Des Martyrs I always wonder why ? I think his addiction became worse since those days I don't know if he was supposed to be in the original version of Miracle (which later become Témoignage after the split with les Marquis)

For Mabiala he was a bit different because of that murder case(to ne short he was hanging a lot with a friend of him and one day that dude collapsed and when they brought him to hospital he died and somehow his family accused Mabiala and wanted to kill him rumors says that mabialos sacrificed him he was even jailed I don't know how long but Werra released him) Werra wanted him to be less present in the album so people may forget about him that's why he wasn't at European concerts from the 2002 era (Double Zenith,Madeleine,Amsterdam ect...) and they agreed he will stay in Europe because he was still wanted in Kinshasa he never return till this day.

Werra recruited Jitrois in January 2003 to replace him maybe because he realised his case was far from being over and he would never come back.

mvulusi96 #6 on: November 24, 2016, 22:29

Werra didn't want him to sing in A La Queue Leu-Leu because he was tired of him always being late at studio sessions and absent at some concerts. He was suppose to have a song in that album I don't know if it's true. He joined them in Kinshasa only 4-5 months after their concert at Stade Des Martyrs I always wonder why ? I think his addiction became worse since those days I don't know if he was supposed to be in the original version of Miracle (which later become Témoignage after the split with les Marquis)

For Mabiala he was a bit different because of that murder case(to ne short he was hanging a lot with a friend of him and one day that dude collapsed and when they brought him to hospital he died and somehow his family accused Mabiala and wanted to kill him rumors says that mabialos sacrificed him he was even jailed I don't know how long but Werra released him) Werra wanted him to be less present in the album so people may forget about him that's why he wasn't at European concerts from the 2002 era (Double Zenith,Madeleine,Amsterdam ect...) and they agreed he will stay in Europe because he was still wanted in Kinshasa he never return till this day.

Werra recruited Jitrois in January 2003 to replace him maybe because he realised his case was far from being over and he would never come back.

according to the press Adjani came back because the French or Belgium police repulsed him from Europe, because of not having European papers or other official documents. He was then in Brazza with Maison Mere was asking about him to Werrason. Werrason was then reculant  to accept him back in Maison Mere, but at the end he accepted him back.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 22:31 by mvulusi96 »

Cavalier Solitaire #7 on: November 25, 2016, 06:56

• View Profile
Which musicians were against his return to wmm and apart from who else was open for his return? LOL then ten years later lacoste is now claiming ferre's "jealous" of him how times change

On one of his interviews on b-One music show with PM, Ferre said he has no problems with most of the artists from his generation but he is not close to all of them because some of them have a complex due to the fact that others are less successful than the others, so jealous behavior automatically kicks in.