Author Topic: #CONCERT_YA_OFFELE  (Read 2826 times)

Matebu on: October 29, 2022, 19:49

• View Profile
Watching a live stream. Someone should have had the courage to Dicap there’s two parts to the événement - pulling a crowd and putting on a solid performance. So far I’m only seeing the former with his tired band and the Tokoos tracklist.

Matebu #1 on: October 29, 2022, 19:55

• View Profile

SYMPLICITY #2 on: October 29, 2022, 22:04

• View Profile
Watching a live stream. Someone should have had the courage to Dicap there’s two parts to the événement - pulling a crowd and putting on a solid performance. So far I’m only seeing the former with his tired band and the Tokoos tracklist.

He is the GOAT so even if he doles out crap most reviews will be very positive, maybe even here.....don't be surprised!!!

JV “Lone Ranger” #3 on: October 29, 2022, 23:00

• View Profile
Just like Wenge’s concert in the stadium, this was poor performance wise. It seems the goal was more about the crowd than the actual entertainment. I hope Wata or Ferre give us something better. On another note, Fally is undisputed King of his generation, period.

archos #4 on: October 29, 2022, 23:19

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
tbh playing in martyrs is in reality most of the time playing in a "closed door" fikin,i have not had the time yet to see images of the concert but every report i saw was just based around the crowd literally just there to show how immature they can be,like it was in the prime fikin days,it will be difficult to really get an exceptional martyrs concert in terms of music and show ever
the focus is too much on the ego challenge

Jdog #5 on: October 30, 2022, 00:13

• View Profile
Man that concert was weak as hell, I'm done with Fally and his band with live performances. He put too much focus on those lights and crowd (even though he said he would give his all with 20,000 but we all know he wanted it packed). He gave too much space it seemed to Gaz Mawete and Awilo. I can't wait for December 25th  :D
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Mfumu Vata #6 on: October 30, 2022, 00:39

• View Profile
People will forget this show like the way they forgot Bercy. But anyway, Fally got in the list of bandleaders that filled Stade des Martyrs which many hadn't the chance to do. The problem is now that he's untouchable and his fans will (they already) act like he's the greatest artist in Congolese music that ever existed hahahahaha.

It isn't easy to fill Stade des Martyrs, especially in these days where important derby's and even matches of the national team don't fill the stadium anymore. Even free-concerts where multiple artists are reunited. So congratulations Nsimba Ipupa. I don't see Heritier get the same amount of crowd in SDM, not even the Wenge 4x4 had. It think just 60.000/ 50.000. He must do hard marketing, if he wants to succeed.

I didn't watch the concert, but did Fally talk about the situation of Eastern Congo or do a one minute silence. I heard that the M23 rebels are about to take Goma in control. On the other side it's sad to see how everybody was focused on this event even politicians, while something bad is going on the other side of the country.

archos #7 on: October 30, 2022, 00:45

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
https://mbote.cd/celebrites/lest-de-la-rdc-encore-attaquee-innossb-alerte/120489/

indeed there has been something dramatic going on again,but i am not surprised one bit that it has not made big headlines
thats congolese community for you,the day God forbid there is balkanization made official,whatever madness by carine mokonzi,or the new car of fally or whatever around artists and youtubers will catch attention more
just look at the combattants ZERO time they make big head news when they are doing actions outside music or talking about serious things,but when its boketshu's french and typical mungala direct language every week its trending,or combattants got threatened by the pro fatshi
by the way the mbote site also said that somebody died at concert,mann when will this stop,in almost every martyrs there has been minimum one person dead because of crowd movement( plus some for spiritual reasons after the concert the same night)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 00:51 by archos »

Mfumu Vata #8 on: October 30, 2022, 00:54

• View Profile
I see already Fally fans comparing this show with the one of Werra in 2000. But they don’t know that back then it wasn’t allowed to have people on the field (many fans not being allowed to get in) and artists often not being allowed to perform for months at Stade des Martyrs because of damages.

Mfumu Vata #9 on: October 30, 2022, 00:58

• View Profile
https://mbote.cd/celebrites/lest-de-la-rdc-encore-attaquee-innossb-alerte/120489/

indeed there has been something dramatic going on again,but i am not surprised one bit that it has not made big headlines
thats congolese community for you,the day God forbid there is balkanization made official,whatever madness by carine mokonzi,or the new car of fally or whatever around artists and youtubers will catch attention more
just look at the combattants ZERO time they make big head news when they are doing actions outside music or talking about serious things,but when its boketshu's french and typical mungala direct language every week its trending,or combattants got threatened by the pro fatshi
by the way the mbote site also said that somebody died at concert,mann when will this stop,in almost every martyrs there has been minimum one person dead because of crowd movement( plus some for spiritual reasons after the concert the same night)

Yes true. For example when you had the war of RCD and MLC which was even worser and killed millions of people from 1998 to 2003. But everybody in Europe being focused on Double Zénith, Bercy, Olympia, etc. even those living in Kinshasa despite those curfews sometimes. Many not even knowing what was going on in Eastern Congo. That’s why Kagame gave us the label of BMW (Beer, Music and Woman)

CM PRINCE #10 on: October 30, 2022, 01:10

• View Profile
Wait so no one’s gonna mention Fally bringing out clan QL? Modogo, Sam, Montana, Jypson, Passé Kosse, Champion, Spino and Prince Babia. That was nice to see

« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 01:12 by CM PRINCE »

archos #11 on: October 30, 2022, 01:21

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
did not watch it,it was a good thing to do the foreign artists is all cool but the roots are important too
expect manicke to insult even Jesus if he came back to earth,with prince being given that platform
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 01:25 by archos »

Wenge1995 #12 on: October 30, 2022, 01:27

• View Profile
People will forget this show like the way they forgot Bercy. But anyway, Fally got in the list of bandleaders that filled Stade des Martyrs which many hadn't the chance to do. The problem is now that he's untouchable and his fans will (they already) act like he's the greatest artist in Congolese music that ever existed hahahahaha.

It isn't easy to fill Stade des Martyrs, especially in these days where important derby's and even matches of the national team don't fill the stadium anymore. Even free-concerts where multiple artists are reunited. So congratulations Nsimba Ipupa. I don't see Heritier get the same amount of crowd in SDM, not even the Wenge 4x4 had. It think just 60.000/ 50.000. He must do hard marketing, if he wants to succeed.

I didn't watch the concert, but did Fally talk about the situation of Eastern Congo or do a one minute silence. I heard that the M23 rebels are about to take Goma in control. On the other side it's sad to see how everybody was focused on this event even politicians, while something bad is going on the other side of the country.

I think his concerts are missing that "wow factor", you know? There's no real difference in quality of performance btw regular concerts and SDM. What do you think?

Mfumu Vata #13 on: October 30, 2022, 11:57

• View Profile
There's no huge event from him (Olympia, Zenith, ...) that really convinced people or that people tend to play in nightclubs and bars. I don't know why. Maybe giving concerts isn't his strongest point, like his former boss before 1998.

That's not true. You can't compare the public concerts bandleaders performed in areas to concerts at Stade des Martyrs or vip concerts to those at Stade des Martyrs. The concert JB Mpiana performed in 2001 there, Papa Wemba in 2002 and those of Werra in 1999, 2000, 2001 are totally different than their regular concerts. Only their FIKIN-concerts come close to it. Sometimes it happen that those concerts go wrong, like that of Koffi in 2002, the of Werra in 2003. Which is due to stress, if they would get a bigger crowd than their rival, them giving a different show that was prepared and the concert than going wrong. Or the sound of instruments being to weak for the stadium, like the one of JB Mpiana in 1999, which mess the show up and getting the power away from the musicians.

Matebu #14 on: October 30, 2022, 17:06

• View Profile
Wait so no one’s gonna mention Fally bringing out clan QL? Modogo, Sam, Montana, Jypson, Passé Kosse, Champion, Spino and Prince Babia. That was nice to see

honetly i didn’t know this reunion happened till way after the concert ended

Had a similar event happened in Nigéria, Senegal, Ghana.. every other country basically - there would’ve been a 4k Live stream on YT from a main TV network. It’s embarrassing the lack of professionalism is among us nowadays. I was flipping through poor quality streams filmed on camera phone to make some sense of what was going on

The likes of Junior Mac Kenro, Badive, Fils Likombe, Photo Joel, Damien Dimonekene would’ve made a proper video production of this if they were still valued like back in the day

« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 17:09 by Matebu »