Author Topic: Bilenge Musica International - nice keyboards and vocals  (Read 962 times)

bencuri on: November 27, 2022, 23:19

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A video recently posted by Lesasa Jocker, the head of the band in Dubai. Very nice keyboards, and stunningly clean vocals. I rarely hear so clean vocals live.

Sydo #1 on: November 28, 2022, 09:57

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Formerly Musiquezairoise

bencuri #2 on: November 28, 2022, 20:12

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not more than you can find generally on Google:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/entertainment/local-news/article/2000113408/congolese-artist-lesasa-jocker-to-tour-kenya

They had some nice tunes in the 90's:

But this video I shared initially seems to be Ferre Gola instead. When Lesasa shared this video I thought they are backing Ferre in the video, but it seems to me these are not them but Ferre's own group. I am not sure because I am not following Ferre, but anyhow, the song performed on stage sounds much better to me than the studio version on Youtube, where the instruments are a bit boring to me. On stage it is way much better.

Sydo #3 on: November 29, 2022, 09:39

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Ken Bilele #4 on: November 29, 2022, 09:51

• View Profile
Is there a biography of this band?

Lesasa Jocker also Kuku Pemba started his career as a dancer but later on became a singer and band leader, his band Bilenge Musica original having its base in Nairobi Kenya in late 90s and 2000. Having key members like Darze Kalend Kangag being Chef de orchestra and the main atalaku, Rocky Bila grand soloists RIP, Jimmy Mukelenge, Awilo na Mbonda and others. Lesasa became one great singer even though he never started his career as a singer. In late 2000 Lesasa had a vision of establishing a fan base at United Emirates, this saw him perform there frequently with his band. He got in love with life there to the disappointment of some of the band members mainly Darze, a suggestion was made that they split the band and have one go back to Kenya and serve their primary base in Kenya. Before they went to Dubai they had a good fanbase in Kenya. Darze came back and constituted Bilenge Musica Du Congo while Lesasa remaining in Dubai with Bilenge Musica International. Now the two gentlemen lead and own the two entities of Bilenge. As to relationship between them, yeah warm cold, cold warm. The original Bilenge had great songs like Strategy, Malo malo and others. Lesasa Kuku Pemba is a great entertainer. Hahaha if you ask Lesasa he will tell you he's Kenyan not Congolese.

Sydo #5 on: November 29, 2022, 10:55

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Thanks, so this is the Kenyan faction?

Formerly Musiquezairoise

Ken Bilele #6 on: November 29, 2022, 19:35

• View Profile

bencuri #7 on: November 29, 2022, 23:58

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Is there a biography of this band?

Lesasa Jocker also Kuku Pemba started his career as a dancer but later on became a singer and band leader, his band Bilenge Musica original having its base in Nairobi Kenya in late 90s and 2000. Having key members like Darze Kalend Kangag being Chef de orchestra and the main atalaku, Rocky Bila grand soloists RIP, Jimmy Mukelenge, Awilo na Mbonda and others. Lesasa became one great singer even though he never started his career as a singer. In late 2000 Lesasa had a vision of establishing a fan base at United Emirates, this saw him perform there frequently with his band. He got in love with life there to the disappointment of some of the band members mainly Darze, a suggestion was made that they split the band and have one go back to Kenya and serve their primary base in Kenya. Before they went to Dubai they had a good fanbase in Kenya. Darze came back and constituted Bilenge Musica Du Congo while Lesasa remaining in Dubai with Bilenge Musica International. Now the two gentlemen lead and own the two entities of Bilenge. As to relationship between them, yeah warm cold, cold warm. The original Bilenge had great songs like Strategy, Malo malo and others. Lesasa Kuku Pemba is a great entertainer. Hahaha if you ask Lesasa he will tell you he's Kenyan not Congolese.

But where is he from actually? He is from the Congolese minority in Kenya, or from Congo?