Author Topic: Where are with Makaba's Project  (Read 11260 times)

BG-ground on: May 03, 2014, 17:53

• View Profile
Guys,it has been almost 2years now that I heard my #1 Favorite Solist went back home with a project to build a Studio(from ground up),a band,etc..since then,only 3 Interviews(RTNC,Radio okapi and Noella Madinga)...then"Silence Radio"

Did he abandoned the project or what?I was really looking forward on seeing him more active on stage

archos #1 on: May 03, 2014, 18:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
he is still working on it but its not  easy he is being asked crazy money  to be able to bring his instrument ,his podium  and so on in congo
 plus unfortunately none of the clan wenge guys seems like supporting him(neither does he seems to  go to see them)
imagine its me  and a couple of friends who informed jb,who later informed werra and adolphe,that makaba has arrived
strange situation

KAISARI #2 on: May 03, 2014, 19:00

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
he is still working on it but its not  easy he is being asked crazy money  to be able to bring his instrument ,his podium  and so on in congo
 plus unfortunately none of the clan wenge guys seems like supporting him(neither does he seems to  go to see them)
imagine its me  and a couple of friends who informed jb,who later informed werra and adolphe,that makaba has arrived
strange situation
...is it safe to say that Makaba is out of touch...
You do not beat a drum with one finger

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #3 on: May 03, 2014, 20:16

• Administrator
    • View Profile
strange situation
In an interview he said he had travelled to Kinshasa with 2 containers containing studio equipment so he actually didn't ship it did he? or maybe he has failed to clear with customs in Congo?
LE BIG BOSS

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #4 on: May 03, 2014, 20:20

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Maybe it's because of the way Wenge Musica split up and the way he was forced out of BCBG together with Blaise Bula so he's never been in touch with JB Mpiana or the other former leaders of Wenge Musica but we know for a fact he's been in touch with younger clan Wenge Musicians like Aimelia and Alain Mpela as he helped them on their albums post Wenge Musica.
LE BIG BOSS

archos #5 on: May 03, 2014, 20:57

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Maybe it's because of the way Wenge Musica split up and the way he was forced out of BCBG together with Blaise Bula so he's never been in touch with JB Mpiana or the other former leaders of Wenge Musica but we know for a fact he's been in touch with younger clan Wenge Musicians like Aimelia and Alain Mpela as he helped them on their albums post Wenge Musica.

He 's been in touch with them(both were even at his wedding in brussels years ago) but i think he might not support   their behaviour,its not as easy to see them as it was 20 years ago,now you can go there  if the bodyguards are in bad mood they will make you wait wait wait wait before you enter or jb and werra themseleves being too buzy
other than that they all get on well
 i hope one day makaba will succeed with his project

BG-ground #6 on: May 04, 2014, 00:27

• View Profile
I still have chills when I watch videos of Wenge on stage..and Makaba n Lead while dancing too...Roga Roga got nothing on him lol

ngombeshenzi55 #7 on: May 04, 2014, 01:07

• View Profile

He 's been in touch with them(both were even at his wedding in brussels years ago) but i think he might not support   their behaviour,its not as easy to see them as it was 20 years ago,now you can go there  if the bodyguards are in bad mood they will make you wait wait wait wait before you enter or jb and werra themseleves being too buzy
other than that they all get on well
 i hope one day makaba will succeed with his project

I am with you on this Archos, things change, people change from good to worse and worse to good. I wish Makaba all the best in his project.

Tunutu #8 on: May 04, 2014, 06:43

• View Profile
Makaba was one of the strongest pillars of Wenge Musica BCBG, he was not only a soloist, but an arranger and Leader , is he living a decent life in Brussels? Why is he not releasing new albums?

archos #9 on: May 04, 2014, 08:50

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
makaba lives well and work for several artists from different orgin  as an arranger and also produces some young rappers of brussels
 apart from that, he is like a manager to one of his daughters and his granddaughter who are musicians aswell,much against his will
as for albums, makaba planned to prepare a band in kinshasa and then after that he will think about an album,but being  very very perfectionist i am sure  that's why it takes such a long time for his casting,he wants  4 massive singers,4 excellent guitarists,and so on,no jokers

BG-ground #10 on: May 04, 2014, 17:51

• View Profile
I was so disapointed and even angry at Zenith 99...He was the man I was really expecting to see a lot...He appears only at Titanic Generique,and it's Mbokaliya on lead.don't get me wrong,Burkina did great throughout the show...

Anybody knows really what happened on that day?..Kusangila turned into a presentator ,and from what I heard(from Lias & Burkina's interview) :JB started ignoring Makaba's calls when they were preparing Zenith..Everytime he'd call,JB would give the phone to his assistant...anybody with full details?

archos #11 on: May 04, 2014, 18:59

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
makaba was in europe already before the rest of the group joined,and when the group arrived they were presented as jb mpiana and wenge bcbg and not anymore wenge bcbg, makaba was not happy about that,also was not happy of them having prepared the concert differently to what they did under his direction before he rejoined europe
 the day of zenith they had a strong argument,so strong that jb even cried until seconds before going on stage
and  since they were already in open conflict,jb handed lead role to mbokaliya and makaba got in only during omba and titanic but was so pissed after that argument than he was barely facing the crowd,he kept insulting jb while playing(you will notice that jb did not even praise him as usual when playing  those sweet omba licks)

Tunutu #12 on: May 04, 2014, 20:18

• View Profile
I think JB and Werra were the most selfish members in the group, they just cared about themselves, they wanted to become the sole leaders of their respective grous,, the media also contributed to Makaba, Masela and co being kicked out of BCBG and Maison Mere, they created the atmosphere that the competition was between the two, they were calling the bands Wenge Werrason and Wenge JB Mpiana, I watched the video of BCBG titanic live in Abidjan, JB took stage after the band has started to play and he was introduced like he was the main Musician of the show which undermined Makaba and Blaise  Bula.

archos #13 on: May 04, 2014, 20:27

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
exactly and also they  were the ones who knew every single "dark secret" if you see what i mean so they thought they were the ones who could decide for everything since they were  doing what (apparently or not) brought the group to the top

BG-ground #14 on: November 26, 2014, 03:51

• View Profile