Author Topic: Congo Music  (Read 6258 times)

ngombeshenzi55 on: June 20, 2014, 23:20

• View Profile

Hello brothers and sisters on this Forum,

Congo is rich and home of Music not only to Africa but to the entire world. If  Michael Jackson  and the rest ,the likes of R. Kelly and P. Diddy , 50cents were born in Congo ,they would be nowhere  in the top chats of the world music. Congo is sacred in the religion of Music so i want to thank all of you on here for taking us to the next level in understanding and enjoying the  music, the language and all updates  of  Music and musicians that we  have been listening too since the days we were born and our ears would  differentiate  music  from other  things.

All i am saying is, Congo is rich guys explore the rich Congo Music, we got brilliant heads here  that can help us all comprehensively have the true picture of the rich culture of Music from this woderful Country filled with talent from the disabled (Benda Bilili), the old (Kekele) and  generations that came after this.

I am a big fan of Werrason, A big one, bigger than big, but i do not worship his music, I love  his music. So I don't see the reason why guys on here should vent all their anger  to others because of him. I love Werrason infact in high school on my school shirt  i had  the name Werrason printed on the collar so my nick name was Werrason and no one would steal the shirt from the line for it had its owner known. To date , I am still his number one fan but  thanks to the late HARRY KABECHA (R.I.P) A Radio presenter with  Metro FM and a colleague at the University, that did open my minds to the beauty and  massive entertainment of Congo Music.

He took Kenya to the next level and made the whole Kenya fan base appreciate and explore other Musicians. Initially It was Franco,Tabu Ley, Mbilia Bel, Kanda Bongo Man, Arlus Mabele, Zaiko Langa langa, Diblo Dibala  in the national radio station KBC. Kingkester Emeneya(R.I.P) Was made famous to Kenya's Music scene by  the late HARRY KABECHA among other Musicians.

In short, Lets all be calm, give Congo it's space in the world of Music like the American Music  and explore what this Country has. Violence is an option of the cowards, Insults are common with the prostitutes  of Kenya's Luthuli Street. Music is all about entertainment,love, fun,dancing and debate.

Franco Pepe Kalle #1 on: June 21, 2014, 00:56

• View Profile
You wrote a rational post. I am the same way about my people. Franco and Pepe Kalle. I like their music the most but I don't worship them. I understand they are the ones who made the best music. So you make a rational post.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #2 on: June 21, 2014, 09:33

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well said.
LE BIG BOSS

Jdog #3 on: June 21, 2014, 10:23

• View Profile
Very nice article.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Tunutu #4 on: June 21, 2014, 10:53

• View Profile

Congo is rich and home of Music not only to Africa but to the entire world. If  Michael Jackson  and the rest ,the likes of R. Kelly and P. Diddy , 50cents were born in Congo ,they would be nowhere  in the top chats of the world music. Congo is sacred in the religion of Music so i want to thank all of you on here for taking us to the next level in understanding and enjoying the  music, the language and all updates  of  Music and musicians that we  have been listening too since the days we were born and our ears would  differentiate  music  from other  things.

All i am saying is, Congo is rich guys explore the rich Congo Music, we got brilliant heads here  that can help us all comprehensively have the true picture of the rich culture of Music from this woderful Country filled with talent from the disabled (Benda Bilili), the old (Kekele) and  generations that came after this.

I am a big fan of Werrason, A big one, bigger than big, but i do not worship his music, I love  his music. So I don't see the reason why guys on here should vent all their anger  to others because of him. I love Werrason infact in high school on my school shirt  i had  the name Werrason printed on the collar so my nick name was Werrason and no one would steal the shirt from the line for it had its owner known. To date , I am still his number one fan but  thanks to the late HARRY KABECHA (R.I.P) A Radio presenter with  Metro FM and a colleague at the University, that did open my minds to the beauty and  massive entertainment of Congo Music.

He took Kenya to the next level and made the whole Kenya fan base appreciate and explore other Musicians. Initially It was Franco,Tabu Ley, Mbilia Bel, Kanda Bongo Man, Arlus Mabele, Zaiko Langa langa, Diblo Dibala  in the national radio station KBC. Kingkester Emeneya(R.I.P) Was made famous to Kenya's Music scene by  the late HARRY KABECHA among other Musicians.

In short, Lets all be calm, give Congo it's space in the world of Music like the American Music  and explore what this Country has. Violence is an option of the cowards, Insults are common with the prostitutes  of Kenya's Luthuli Street. Music is all about entertainment,love, fun,dancing and debate.

Ngombeshenzi, in the late 90s if not early 2000s I came to Nairobi, and there was a lady on one of the FM stations I cant recall who was translating Lingala songs, and that day he was doing Micko wa Mikara, Micko mukaraji by Koffi Olomide, do you know this show?

ngombeshenzi55 #5 on: June 21, 2014, 22:58

• View Profile

Ngombeshenzi, in the late 90s if not early 2000s I came to Nairobi, and there was a lady on one of the FM stations I cant recall who was translating Lingala songs, and that day he was doing Micko wa Mikara, Micko mukaraji by Koffi Olomide, do you know this show?

I can't remember  brother. The most listened FM radio station in the early 2000 was Metro FM since it had the guy Kabecha who did translate songs and had  radio lessons for Lingala. Some ladies in Kenya hosted and married Men from Congo, so you would find them sneak into the studio to share what their hubbies taught them.