Author Topic: The Rebirth of CONGO MUSIC IN KENYA  (Read 15753 times)

ngombeshenzi55 on: September 21, 2014, 00:52

• View Profile
 It is so interesting on how Congo Music is back in almost all media houses in Kenya. All TV stations are scrumbling to play the best  clips on TV and Songs in the  FM stations. Lingala is growing so fast and people are learning it in Kenya  in the counties and towns they live in.

I work  from town to town and all big towns like Mombasa, Nairobi, Kisumi, Eldoret and the small towns have been taken over  by Congolese live bands and music stores playing Ferre,Fally,Koffi,Werra ,Wazekwa,Karma e.t.c

I love it when i see how the Rhythms and Swags of the 90s and early 2000 come back again...Congo is home for music in Africa.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 00:55 by ngombeshenzi55 »

bencuri #1 on: September 21, 2014, 00:55

• Administrator
    • View Profile
These are good news, indeed, I am glad to hear this!

ngombeshenzi55 #2 on: September 21, 2014, 00:58

• View Profile
These are good news, indeed, I am glad to hear this!

Amazingly there is a group of Kenyans who  are transforming into a Lingala tribe, Swahili-Lingala Lessons, English- Congo translated reading and audio learning materials are circulating out here...

I love it ! all estates abd shopping Malls arr painted with Congo Music

bencuri #3 on: September 21, 2014, 03:42

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cool, this should be followed elsewhere, too.

Jdog #4 on: September 21, 2014, 04:02

• View Profile
Very good to hear, Congolese is the heart of Africa and it's music. It will always be on top no matter how good other countries are getting better at music.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

KAISARI #5 on: September 21, 2014, 04:42

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
...its 2K14 N55, show proof...
You do not beat a drum with one finger

EMOVICTEAM #6 on: September 21, 2014, 07:56

• View Profile
The proof is I have been to Kenya 7 times, last time was a few months ago. I buy Congolese music there just in the heart of Nairobi. Secondly, there is this open air bar called , Simers, it has been in existence for a long time and I have seen that Congolese bands like fm academia and defao have sustained it. There is also a restaurant in town, forgotten its name, were a local band plays rumba while clients eat. I concur with the author of this thread.

ngombeshenzi55 #7 on: September 21, 2014, 11:37

• View Profile

Kaisari mtu wangu...Kenya is embracing Congo Music so fast and all Media stations are competing to come out Tops. Radio Maisha, MileleFM, West FM, Radio One, KBC Radio and Citizen Radio e.t.c are airing very nice programmes. Talk of QTV,K24,KTN the best , WEST TV, NationTV and KBC, Kass T .E.t.C.

Kenya is re- absorbing Congo Music very very fast. I know of so many clubs across the Country that are playing live bands. we have a community on Kenya of over 20, 000 persons Kenyan born that have adopted a new language Lingala and the community is growing . A mixture of real congolese and Kenyans conduct lessons of facebook, youtube and in audio materials like CDs...I am taking the Lessons too i dont want to be left behind :-),

Egerton University, Baraton university,  Kabarak University and other Universities in Nairobi have congolese lecturers who have done a -lot of reading materials and promoted the Lingala language and congo Culture in Kenya Uganda and for Tanzania they already have Lingala and Cogolesim in them.

We have Congo lessons , classes going on in Nairobi CBD, Rongai and Westlands plis buruburu...Ask any young man or woman who is the congolese musician he , she knows..Ferry,fally will be the first response. for the aged and adult werrason and Jb, Wemba, Wazekwa and koffi will be an immidiate answer.

Where i come from in Kakamega as i had stated earler lingala / congo music is the first word that would slip from any lip if you asked the kind of music the people like most! A villager would shock you with a list of over 40 artist from DRC from the 80s to now.

Personally with my  friends and new friends we Share congo music alot, reading and learning materials.I share new short clips on whatsapp and New posters of coming albuma on my facebook page for my comrades to be updated..thanks to ARCHOS because of him we have embraced and learned alot from thr Bibiliographies, updates and translations of videos on here...

I re edited 2 minutes clips from Le -Millionaire , Reposte, power 100, Satelite,  Boire noire, Adam na Eva, likelemba, Kindoki of rogaroga, circulation mutambu, furushima e.t.c  and share on a whatsapp group called Kakamega Pamoja, When people ask for the clips i direct them to places they can buy.... THE LOVE FOR CONGO MUSIC

KAISARI #8 on: September 21, 2014, 16:26

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
The proof is I have been to Kenya 7 times, last time was a few months ago. I buy Congolese music there just in the heart of Nairobi. Secondly, there is this open air bar called , Simers, it has been in existence for a long time and I have seen that Congolese bands like fm academia and defao have sustained it. There is also a restaurant in town, forgotten its name, were a local band plays rumba while clients eat. I concur with the author of this thread.
This is nothing new its probably easier to get/buy Zairean muzik in Nairobi than Kin...

KAISARI #9 on: September 21, 2014, 16:33

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile

Kaisari mtu wangu...Kenya is embracing Congo Music so fast and all Media stations are competing to come out Tops. Radio Maisha, MileleFM, West FM, Radio One, KBC Radio and Citizen Radio e.t.c are airing very nice programmes. Talk of QTV,K24,KTN the best , WEST TV, NationTV and KBC, Kass T .E.t.C.

Kenya is re- absorbing Congo Music very very fast. I know of so many clubs across the Country that are playing live bands. we have a community on Kenya of over 20, 000 persons Kenyan born that have adopted a new language Lingala and the community is growing . A mixture of real congolese and Kenyans conduct lessons of facebook, youtube and in audio materials like CDs...I am taking the Lessons too i dont want to be left behind :-),

Egerton University, Baraton university,  Kabarak University and other Universities in Nairobi have congolese lecturers who have done a -lot of reading materials and promoted the Lingala language and congo Culture in Kenya Uganda and for Tanzania they already have Lingala and Cogolesim in them.

We have Congo lessons , classes going on in Nairobi CBD, Rongai and Westlands plis buruburu...Ask any young man or woman who is the congolese musician he , she knows..Ferry,fally will be the first response. for the aged and adult werrason and Jb, Wemba, Wazekwa and koffi will be an immidiate answer.

Where i come from in Kakamega as i had stated earler lingala / congo music is the first word that would slip from any lip if you asked the kind of music the people like most! A villager would shock you with a list of over 40 artist from DRC from the 80s to now.

Personally with my  friends and new friends we Share congo music alot, reading and learning materials.I share new short clips on whatsapp and New posters of coming albuma on my facebook page for my comrades to be updated..thanks to ARCHOS because of him we have embraced and learned alot from thr Bibiliographies, updates and translations of videos on here...

I re edited 2 minutes clips from Le -Millionaire , Reposte, power 100, Satelite,  Boire noire, Adam na Eva, likelemba, Kindoki of rogaroga, circulation mutambu, furushima e.t.c  and share on a whatsapp group called Kakamega Pamoja, When people ask for the clips i direct them to places they can buy.... THE LOVE FOR CONGO MUSIC
...I was hoping to see a lineup of the top dawgs scheduled to perform and tour like we had in the 80's and that Djs and clubs are banging Zairean muzik over West African...

Odanga #10 on: September 22, 2014, 15:13

• View Profile
Guys,
will the said resurgence transform into the big artists like Werrason, Koffi, JB etc coming to perform in Kenya like it was back in the days?

ngombeshenzi55 #11 on: September 22, 2014, 15:52

• View Profile
Guys,
will the said resurgence transform into the big artists like Werrason, Koffi, JB etc coming to perform in Kenya like it was back in the days?

Kenya is the fourth most corrupt country in the World. You can imagine the picture  our Country potrays out there. Besides this big artists coming to Kenya is zero because promoters initially made life so difficult to the extend of artists like DEFAO jailed for not paying up their hotels Bills.

buying Dvds and CDs of their music is what you can keep doing, till when the Country is a "corruption free Zone"

Mwana Nsalu #12 on: September 22, 2014, 20:00

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
is it being embraced in it's current state? if so that kind of goes against the folks that are saying congolese music will never be popular again unless it goes back to the old ways.

the learn lingala groups i have joined on Facebook are all run by kenyans and it is fueled by the love for congolese music. a lot of old music is sited but newer artists are admired as well. i wonder what makes kenya so open to congolese music as opposed to other places. as someone already stated this is a 'reemergence' since back in the day kenya was a hot bed for congolese music as well with groups like les kinois (samba mapangala) and super mazembe and others making noise.

ngombeshenzi55 #13 on: September 22, 2014, 21:23

• View Profile
is it being embraced in it's current state? if so that kind of goes against the folks that are saying congolese music will never be popular again unless it goes back to the old ways.

the learn lingala groups i have joined on Facebook are all run by kenyans and it is fueled by the love for congolese music. a lot of old music is sited but newer artists are admired as well. i wonder what makes kenya so open to congolese music as opposed to other places. as someone already stated this is a 'reemergence' since back in the day kenya was a hot bed for congolese music as well with groups like les kinois (samba mapangala) and super mazembe and others making noise.

True Mwana Nsalu. Currently, The rate of Congolese playing music around Kenya is biggger than the 80s and 90s.

Jdog #14 on: September 22, 2014, 21:53

• View Profile
Do Kenyans like rhumba or sebene more? Or do they just like both?
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa