Author Topic: No Modern Atalakus can hold a torch against these Old Gs  (Read 5944 times)

shamala on: August 05, 2019, 03:11

• View Profile
After listening to these animations with nostalgia I content that modern atalaku have nothing to offer. I will  give my detailed views later.

PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #1 on: August 05, 2019, 09:42

• View Profile
Very very true.
Kabuya and Bercy tried but they cant be compared to the above mentioned.
Kabuya is super super talented but he has many cries that never made it to the studio because of his character (I am praying that he records at least this one he recently did on his return to Fvicteam)
Bercy's cries are just catchy,they drive the audience heywire in concerts till to day his cries and Brigade's make Maison Mere concerts lit and of cause Lobeso's Muselu(I even love his current ones at cosa nostra "kombo")

Longbluesquid #2 on: August 05, 2019, 10:07

• View Profile
Man animators need to be creative these days. These days albums have been lacking in sebenes.

CM PRINCE #3 on: August 05, 2019, 11:13

• View Profile
FACTS Shalama! The Atalaku these days do not impress me and yes we do need more sebene man!! That’s how this genre has fallen off the face of the earth and another reason why it’s hard to make legends of atalakus these days. All of these old legends would destroy these new guys in an animation battle.

archos #4 on: August 05, 2019, 11:54

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
FACTS Shalama! The Atalaku these days do not impress me and yes we do need more sebene man!! That’s how this genre has fallen off the face of the earth and another reason why it’s hard to make legends of atalakus these days. All of these old legends would destroy these new guys in an animation battle.

The problem is that they tend to think afrobeat is what can make DRC conquer back africa,or they'll have the odd dance which will catch attention ( eg fally leg dance or robinio 's misu na misu)  which will lose interest at some poin while in the past,even those who dont understand a single word in lingala could dance ,know the steps and try to sing along generiques from the start to finish
koffi is releasing a generique by the weekend hopefully it will be like loi a generique danced from first to last second and people who do not even speak lingala trying to sing along,not just those generique with one catchy part
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:57 by archos »

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #5 on: August 05, 2019, 12:10

• View Profile

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #6 on: August 05, 2019, 12:13

• View Profile
Yahh thats very true,Seben is the answer......I just dont know why they dont see it ......is it not simple.

archos #7 on: August 05, 2019, 13:41

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
what about Genta????

genta does actually make generiques with a lot of good animation put together,but we have not heard him for years and lets be completely honest,he does not get the recognition he deserves,a lot of people even rate bercy and lobeso higher, let alone the likes of brigade bill celeo

SoukousFan #8 on: August 05, 2019, 14:18

• View Profile
About the older generiques I agree! I was still so young but I knew the Loi generique dance moves by head. Even mumbled all of the words Dolce Somono and Mboshi Bola were singing, but I am not congolese.

Who told congolese performers that Sebene is not the way. That is what attracted a lot of people to the music in the first place!

CM PRINCE #9 on: August 05, 2019, 18:44

• View Profile
what about Genta????

genta does actually make generiques with a lot of good animation put together,but we have not heard him for years and lets be completely honest,he does not get the recognition he deserves,a lot of people even rate bercy and lobeso higher, let alone the likes of brigade bill celeo
The problem with Genta is he changed his voice which is now irritating and also because of the image of BCBG, you know with the phrase “people love you when you’re gone” Genta hasn’t taken a break or disappeared from the spotlight like all these guys above. If he took a break or left bcbg earlier he would’ve been more respected, but for me it’s disrespectful to even compare Bercy and Lobeso to Genta, they shouldn’t be put in the same sentence.

Franco Pepe Kalle #10 on: August 06, 2019, 02:39

• View Profile
The problem is that most of our artists are too addicted to western music that they forget about the beauty of Congolese music. They think that they will attract fans by playing R&B style music or pop sounding music when many people won't give a damn. It is not really afro-pop but more western sounding music like R&B sounding that you hear from most Congolese songs but to be fair, it is also a crisis in Tanzania, Kenya, South Africa, Angola and many others. It is not a Congolese problem but a African problem except in Nigeria.

mrvibes #11 on: August 09, 2019, 15:07

• View Profile
Talking of BCBG , what Do you guys think  if Kabuya and Alvarito  joined the group, would that be beneficial for them  , would they change the game in BCBG ? will kabuya be a good fit  ?
i really see Him and Alvarito solo in BCBG , they both kinda have that BCBG thing you.
polemic apart , just imagine , JB presenting  both of them in  a New generic( with a restrain team = bebeto on drums for sure, and alvarito on solo + fuse de guerre if possible)

CM PRINCE #12 on: August 09, 2019, 16:12

• View Profile
Talking of BCBG , what Do you guys think  if Kabuya and Alvarito  joined the group, would that be beneficial for them  , would they change the game in BCBG ? will kabuya be a good fit  ?
i really see Him and Alvarito solo in BCBG , they both kinda have that BCBG thing you.
polemic apart , just imagine , JB presenting  both of them in  a New generic( with a restrain team = bebeto on drums for sure, and alvarito on solo + fuse de guerre if possible)
That will NEVER happen

archos #13 on: August 09, 2019, 16:17

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
never, he rejected equaliseur,kanza despite being seguin's brother,rejected eric ibrahimovic even kabuya when he was never in europe tours and approached bcbg to join since pajo and  benladen were never taken to tours either so he tough he had a chance with kokoso animation which made him famous
for whatever reason he likes to stick to that system strongly, even tolbert solo had it hard to join until he convinced jb that he was not really a kabose group member but rather a session artist who was helping him out and playing in albums of almost everybody in studio in the same time

Manzambi94 #14 on: August 10, 2019, 23:21

• View Profile
never, he rejected equaliseur,kanza despite being seguin's brother,rejected eric ibrahimovic even kabuya when he was never in europe tours and approached bcbg to join since pajo and  benladen were never taken to tours ei
ther so he tough he had a chance with kokoso animation which made him famous
for whatever reason he likes to stick to that system strongly, even tolbert solo had it hard to join until he convinced jb that he was not really a kabose group member but rather a session artist who was helping him out and playing in albums of almost everybody in studio in the same time
One of the problem of JB is this stupid rethoric that he does. I meam he was rejecting Tolbert lol. If he had rejected him ee would never have Tetuka, Correction, Nguzama and so on. So imagine if he took Kabuya. BCBG would have been a powerhouse and could seriously be a threat to Fally's power with Fusee, Kabuya, Tolbert but JB seems like he doesn't care about being competitive anymore