Author Topic: Archive; Koffi Olomide's interview before Bercy  (Read 7311 times)

mvulusi96 on: February 06, 2016, 19:36

mvulusi96 #1 on: February 07, 2016, 00:58

Man I miss those time, without Carine Mokonzi, Grace Mbizi, Rihanna Domingos, Kelly Katenda and those ...........

Matebu #2 on: February 07, 2016, 01:28

• View Profile
I remember getting Attentat Version Radio and being annoyed like everyone else. Then when the full version came, many vendors were selling the album by disc. So a lot of people ended up buying three CDs separately. Probably one of the reasons it went gold so fast ;D

This was at the set during the recording of Boda Bodack, if I recall correctly. At 20:20, he sings a never-released song.

Rouf Mbutaganga - Micro d'Or haven't seen him in recent years .....In those days the only people to interview artists were proper journalists; the likes of Rouf Mbutaganga, Zacle, JMK, Paulin Mukendi, Djo K, etc.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:43 by Matebu5 »

mvulusi96 #3 on: February 08, 2016, 01:04

I remember getting Attentat Version Radio and being annoyed like everyone else. Then when the full version came, many vendors were selling the album by disc. So a lot of people ended up buying three CDs separately. Probably one of the reasons it went gold so fast ;D

This was at the set during the recording of Boda Bodack, if I recall correctly. At 20:20, he sings a never-released song.

Rouf Mbutaganga - Micro d'Or haven't seen him in recent years .....In those days the only people to interview artists were proper journalists; the likes of Rouf Mbutaganga, Zacle, JMK, Paulin Mukendi, Djo K, etc.

kiekiekie yes...
I think that Koffi and his producer got that idea, after seeying that gold-record reception of JB Mpiana at Olympia. Which made I think Koffi a bit jealous.

Someone said to me that Loi, Attenat, Effrakata & Monde Arabe got some unreleased material. The song Chocolate for a example was meant to be in Loi and Bomengo from B.E.K. was meant for Monde Arabe.

I wonder what kind of special thing J.F. Ifonge got, because Koffi was praising and mentioning him a lot along with Savanet & Fally in interview, while he didn't had a vocal in Attentat.

CM PRINCE #4 on: February 08, 2016, 02:49

• View Profile
I wonder what kind of special thing J.F. Ifonge got, because Koffi was praising and mentioning him a lot along with Savanet & Fally in interview, while he didn't had a vocal in Attentat.
JF was supposed to participate in attentat but he got caught having a relationship with a dancer so he was suspended and missed the recording in south africa he said himself in an interview
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 14:00 by CM PRINCE »

dbz123 #5 on: February 08, 2016, 06:11

JF was supposed to participate in attentat but he got caught having a relationship with a dancer so he was suspended and missed the recording in south africa he said himself in an interview, but we did even QL
which dancer ?

CM PRINCE #6 on: February 08, 2016, 14:00

• View Profile
not sure he didn't say, but why did he even leave QL 

NEWSIDE96 #7 on: February 08, 2016, 15:45

• View Profile
I question this golden disc topic, in Congolese shop especially in the 00s early years you got to the shop ask what disc you want the shopkeeper gives it you know ID scan no receipt no thing, how do they calculate the sales with scanning barcode of the disc and SACEM are the ones who should be announcing the sales or any music authority concerned on sales. How do they get Gold discs???

archos #8 on: February 08, 2016, 16:27

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
lol ndeko,i think that most albums who got that " golden disk" deserved it, but seriously many did not always get it,for me its like koras,it was just part of the  circus surrounding that intense competition,no wonder the last "golden disk" which got buzz was fally's with droit chemin which coincided  with the end of intense polemic of the former big 4  and prospect of seeing how things will go with  new generation arriving.. and after that apparently there has been a couple more but it has not gone viral at all,including from guys who like to taunt other guys when they get something
and people would be shocked about  some albums from unexpected artists were sold far more than some of top guys

NEWSIDE96 #9 on: February 08, 2016, 16:36

• View Profile
lol ndeko,i think that most albums who got that " golden disk" deserved it, but seriously many did not always get it,for me its like koras,it was just part of the  circus surrounding that intense competition,no wonder the last "golden disk" which got buzz was fally's with droit chemin which coincided  with the end of intense polemic of the former big 4  and prospect of seeing how things will go with  new generation arriving.. and after that apparently there has been a couple more but it has not gone viral at all,including from guys who like to taunt other guys when they get something
and people would be shocked about  some albums from unexpected artists were sold far more than some of top guys

Fair enough some albums deserved like Effrakata, I just knew in that era everyone had that disc but if a music authority gave certifications it would be much more professional and believable.

AdrianaDe #10 on: February 08, 2016, 16:58

• View Profile