Author Topic: Archive; Fabregas in the Amour Amour-era  (Read 4391 times)

mvulusi96 on: October 11, 2017, 00:57

The time is going fast

Here recoring the album with Michel Bass, Kimbangu Solo, Leny Bidens and Yron Douds

After the succes of Fally Ipupa's featering with J. Marints, Fabregas wanted also to record a song with a Nigerian artist and he decided to invite Chriscent to his album. The videoclip of that song was never released.

the one of the two generique's of Amour Amour

In order to promote his album Fabregas went to several nightsclubs of Paris, Laussane & Bruxelles. I this video he was invited in Laussane for Bal des V.I.P. organised by BB Jitrois who was then working as dj in that nigthclub

Publicomstudio was promoting Amour Amour before and after the release very hard on the then only two of the three Congolese diaspora website Congomikili and Congonumberone with the manuqette of the song Ya Boye Ezala te

His album was not a succes in Europe with people saying that he must return to Kinshasa to promote it there, but he couldn't since that he hadn't the papers yet. He tried then to perform at Bataclan in Paris. But the concert was cancelled by the combattans. So he started to give showcase

Here he gave an acoustic showcase in Lyon

After getting his European papers he went to Angola where he performed with Leny Bidens's band.

After some concerts in Luanda, he went to record a generic there. For the deluxe version of Amour Amour. In order to promote his album in Kinshasa.

During that time people were complaining that Nigerian music was taking over in Kinshasa and guys from the 3d Generation saying that guys from the 5th generation were nothing because they didn't invite a new style. Which motivated Leny Bidens and Fabregas to chance the Ndombolo-generic in to a Techno/Ndombolo Generique.

In Mars 2013, he finally returned to Kinshasa and perform at Hotel du Fleuve. Which was not packed and Sankara starting to insult him on tv.

During the time he was in Kinshasa to recorded a videoclip for the song Bolole. Where you can see the journalist Carine Mokonzi. He promoted the song on various tv-channels of Kinshasa. The song was well received and got Koffi Olomide's attention. Koffi Olomide who had plans to start a new recordlabel contacted then Fabregas. And Fabregas came to his house where they made pictures, who led to some controversies. With people claiming that they were gay.

Fabregas decided then to leave Publicomstudio, which made Leny Bidens very angry and decided to join Koffi's recordlabel Koffi Central, where he didn't signed a contract yet. He started then to make various interviews explaining why he choose Koffi as his new mentor and on some point he was even claiming that he was a non-official member of Quartier Latin. With people saying that Fabregas killed his career by joining Koffi Olomide

Later on Publicomstudio released the videoclip of Formule, which was also well received.

After getting Fabregas on his label. Koffi Olomide decided to organise a concert for him at Grand Hotel de Kinshasa.

Many people forget that Koffi Olomide and Fabregas both announced that next the song Manioko Frites, he Fabregas would feature on a generic, where would be the atalaku animate the Congolese version of Bela. But that generic was never released.

Matebu #1 on: October 11, 2017, 01:43

• View Profile
I was a big supporter of his back then for him to make it and become successful with the way he was hustling, but now with his attitude and delusions of grandeur... pfff

CM PRINCE #2 on: October 11, 2017, 13:02

• View Profile
Before he became an arrogant punk smh

Mwana Nsalu #3 on: October 11, 2017, 16:24

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
I was a big supporter of his back then for him to make it and become successful with the way he was hustling, but now with his attitude and delusions of grandeur... pfff

LOL same. i remember when he first left maison mere so many people doubted him while i was his biggest cheerleader here! then his attitude got bad. i still listen to his music but im not that big a supporter anymore

Manzambi94 #4 on: October 12, 2017, 17:38

• View Profile
The generique he made with Equaliser is fire
Anyway he was right to leave Publicom Studio really bad promotion, and I don't know if Koffi was the guy who promoted Mascara but whoever did the promotion well done. Anyway is always like that there are some american rappers called Little Brother who said "Money doesn't change they just make you more of what you already are" the same for Fabregas he has always been arrogant like Djino but that arrogance never got showcased because he had nothing to be boosting about

Matebu #5 on: October 12, 2017, 18:11

• View Profile
^ Yeah, Koffi helped him a lot promotionally & financially to get traction in Kinshasa 2013-14.

What gets me most is that he paid for Fabregas' wedding when he was completely broke, now look at the way he speaks of his former "biggest idol". Mawa trop

mvulusi96 #6 on: October 12, 2017, 20:52

The generique he made with Equaliser is fire
Anyway he was right to leave Publicom Studio really bad promotion, and I don't know if Koffi was the guy who promoted Mascara but whoever did the promotion well done. Anyway is always like that there are some american rappers called Little Brother who said "Money doesn't change they just make you more of what you already are" the same for Fabregas he has always been arrogant like Djino but that arrogance never got showcased because he had nothing to be boosting about

The second generique recorded in Kinshasa before he went to Paris. Here's Brandon Avatar animating the Facebook-animation, which was done by every streetband in 2010 & 2011. Kunzardo used that animation in Tshelele Pete, but in a different way.

I don't know if you can call this also an generique.