Author Topic: MY DEFENCE OF BCBG!  (Read 9108 times)

shamala on: February 26, 2015, 18:36

• View Profile
I intend to do an article in defence of JB Mpiana and BCBG.However before i do so i make these disclaimers....
1. am not congolese hence my information may be off.
2.am not a seasoned congolese music addict. I started in 2004.
3. am the "unofficial spokesperson" of BCBG in Kenya..(hehehe)
4.i play acoustic guitar but still a student hence my simple understanding of instruments and recording.
5.Lastly am a BCBG fanatic.
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

KAISARI #1 on: February 26, 2015, 19:14

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
...why the need to defend Mpiana...
You do not beat a drum with one finger

bencuri #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:52

• Administrator
    • View Profile
"3. am the "unofficial spokesperson" of BCBG in Kenya..(hehehe)"  LOL

Just go on with that article, waiting to see it!

EMOVICTEAM #3 on: February 27, 2015, 06:17

• View Profile
Shamala no wonder you a bit blind about jb. 2004? For me its from 1980s so that explains why i am annoyed about jb not you. But who am i go ahead with the article . But i know you will be defending in disarray.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #4 on: February 27, 2015, 12:07

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looking forward to the article,go ahead Mzee.
LE BIG BOSS

shamala #5 on: March 01, 2015, 19:25

• View Profile
Here goes nothing!
i have been reading thread after thread on criticism of BCBG. I went deeper and even started one on why is BCBG the most criticized band in the forum. I also wondered why BCBG elicits such vitriol. Well i came to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong except that critics just want CHANGE. That they are tired of the usual suspects in the band.

i posted Seguin's drumming and asked artistically what he was doing wrong. so far no one has given me any criticism artistically. Still on Mignon he was away for sometime and Blaise was on drums ..no difference was noticeable. Further to this Blaise is getting more playtime than before...yet no one is going gaga over his drummimng.

Kibense....the problem is attributed to his age. However Kibense is a good song  writer whose services are sought by big names in private. His dancing...hehehe i posted him winning acclaims and adoration for his efforts despite his age by both fans and band members.

Cellulaire....i posted a few of his nice cris which were not used . i also posted when he was the lead in the absence of Genta. He is unfortunate because Genta is number one and is more prolific.( i stand corrected on Cellulaire)

BCBG has recruited a lot especially last year. However BCBG recruitment policy has been not to recruit established band artists . Rarely have they recruited big names. A lot of the recruits come from minor bands and undergo further training and coaching on the BCBG way. I have watched some videos of these raw artists and it has been fun watching them develop.
 in the pecking
If BCBG was such a bad outfit why have very few artists left. It has been reported that other bands have secretly tried to lure them away without success. Why can't they leave and have more airtime in these other bands. what is the average lifespan of an artist in BCBG compared to other bands?

some guys who left have been mentioned that they should return to save BCBG. (Tititna,Makaba,Mpela etc) I argue against this as they have moved on ...better to get newer but talented guys for the same.

BCBG is more of an outfit of "Pals" than a commercial interest. i noticed that most new band members are introduced existing band members and rarely through auditioning from nowhere.

Lastly some valid criticism have been laid. The "superiority" usage... ie it does not matter how good you are if i came in earlier am higher in the pecking order. it would be better is the "skill" usage was practised. if i am good then am higher in the pecking order.
BCBG can do better in terms of recording. Then they can also improve in the marketing department.

well!!!!
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #6 on: March 01, 2015, 19:30

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Shamala, spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LE BIG BOSS

archos #7 on: March 01, 2015, 19:50

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
spot on,although the hierarchy thing is slowly changing a little a bit,few years ago it was not even thinkable to see the likes of abel,obama and all those guys who joined in the last 5 years
now they are much much more used in the mic turn over,just was watching  a long extract of bcbg concert on tv today,and at some point,the lineup was jb with abraham and  tigo cash on his left,zulema and jdl on the other side for the song je suis la
the perfect example of the slight change is tigo cash who has been in any of the groups concerts abroad,which shows how much jb values him despite having less than 2 years in the group
 and i will always complain about this unfortunately,bcbg have too much singers for 4 mics,even minus the hated guys we still have 20 guys to share the mics,thats too much
they should go for three each side of mpiano  or even four like the quartier latin of fally and co
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 19:57 by archos »

EMOVICTEAM #8 on: March 02, 2015, 14:31

• View Profile
Kikikiki. Shamala, I can see you struggling to back-up your claims. you are joining that group of Sly and Archos who are BCBGists but support useless guys like Kibense and Segiun. I am a BCBGist, the real one who condemns positively. 

That band has the worst style of management......you cant be biased to old singers over fresh good talent in music, especially Congolese music of today. That only works well in a formal employment were experience goes with how the mind has mastered institutional memory of things in an institution. not voice and dancing or playing an instrument. In music, If you are good, you are good period whether you come in today.

archos #9 on: March 02, 2015, 16:34

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
LOLyou'd struggle to see just one part where i  act like a fanatic of those two  or even of jb i have just always said that they wont move for the same reason you are mentioning, except that unlike you i dont feel the need  to be constantly mad at them
i know for a fact that the only thing which will make jb kick them out is if they have contact with kinuani and even with that i am not sure,the most "moveable" of that bunch you do not like is rio
jb's "loyalty problem" affect his career on many aspects in which i have always agreed with you  on the content,but unfortunately he is also like that as a person,he's had same house employees for decades unless some did something too serious,and i highly doubt he will change all of a sudden being almost 50

in this interview when tutu left,he said jb has a too nice heart,which is why he is letting kibens jdl and rio be around and that affected bcbg a lot in terms of competition with other groups

EMOVICTEAM #10 on: March 02, 2015, 17:24

• View Profile
Spot on Tutu Caludji.......