Author Topic: Aurlus Mabele asking Sassou Nguesso for support.  (Read 7146 times)

mvulusi96 on: January 13, 2019, 05:47

Drumstar98 #1 on: January 13, 2019, 09:19

• View Profile
His voice is gone and his move has gone  :'(

bencuri #2 on: January 19, 2019, 02:37

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Poor guy, not very happy to see him like that. His CD: Fiesta D'or is a masterpiece.

Matebu #3 on: January 19, 2019, 03:09

• View Profile
Poor guy, not very happy to see him like that. His CD: Fiesta D'or is a masterpiece.

So sad man, I definately agree. It's sad to see someone who helped people enjoy life is such distress.

What ailments does he have exactly? I heard had a stroke, was that true?

CM PRINCE #4 on: January 19, 2019, 04:00

• View Profile

Ken Bilele #5 on: January 19, 2019, 05:33

• View Profile

Longbluesquid #6 on: January 19, 2019, 07:31

• View Profile

Mirobexx #7 on: January 19, 2019, 12:28

• View Profile
When he came to Zimbabwe he brought the house down.Soukouss Immediate was a monster hit .Even now when you play Extra Ball at a Zim party everyone dances.Extra ball was way ahead if its time

shamala #8 on: January 20, 2019, 09:38

• View Profile
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

mvulusi96 #9 on: January 20, 2019, 09:44

It smees that he can talk anymore  :'(

SLK97 #10 on: January 20, 2019, 22:05

• View Profile
Damn, poor man. It hurts to see him in that state.

Blaze Munguni #11 on: January 22, 2019, 14:29

• View Profile
When he came to Zimbabwe he brought the house down.Soukouss Immediate was a monster hit .Even now when you play Extra Ball at a Zim party everyone dances.Extra ball was way ahead if its time

That was quite an experience for sure. Mabele, Salomon, Yondo Sister, Kandabongo Man, Tshala Muana, Mbilia Bel and Pepe Kalle used to be very popular in Zimbabwe in the 1990s. Koffi Olomide, Wenge Clan, Extra Musica, Zaiko, Papa Wemba etc only gained popularity in the country after Zim soldiers participated in the second Congo War. Otherwise Mabele and company were the earliest ambassadors of Rhumba in Zim. On a lighter note, I remember vividly the story of this unfortunate married woman who attended Arlus Mabele's show in Harare without her husband's permission. The lady was divorced after a picture of her dancing erotically, soukouss style with Arlus was published by a popular magazine.

Mirobexx #12 on: January 22, 2019, 19:30

• View Profile

That was quite an experience for sure. Mabele, Salomon, Yondo Sister, Kandabongo Man, Tshala Muana, Mbilia Bel and Pepe Kalle used to be very popular in Zimbabwe in the 1990s. Koffi Olomide, Wenge Clan, Extra Musica, Zaiko, Papa Wemba etc only gained popularity in the country after Zim soldiers participated in the second Congo War. Otherwise Mabele and company were the earliest ambassadors of Rhumba in Zim. On a lighter note, I remember vividly the story of this unfortunate married woman who attended Arlus Mabele's show in Harare without her husband's permission. The lady was divorced after a picture of her dancing erotically, soukouss style with Arlus was published by a popular magazine.
I remember that one .Those were the days.I miss those days .Extra Ball when i listen to it its sounds new.

Drumstar98 #13 on: January 22, 2019, 21:42

• View Profile
My best albums from Aurlus Mabele

Qui Dit Mieux?
Soukous Trouble
Stop Arrettez
Dossier X

Bohemian Rhapsody #14 on: January 24, 2019, 09:23

• View Profile
This guy is such a legend. He contributed towards popularizing Congolese music in the 1980s and 1990s. Not only was he an excellent dancer but also a composer with fun catchy compositions. Also great drummer

He sold an estimate of 10 million records but unfortunately, a lot of the riches has been taken by his wife. It's devastating to see him in such condition, hope he gets the help he needs.

For nostalgic reasons, here's a concert when Loketo toured Congo Brazza.
Featuring Dally Kimoko on solo guitar and Remy Sahlomon on bass