Author Topic: Congovibes Lets Work Together  (Read 3413 times)

BrazzaBoy on: July 06, 2019, 19:44

• View Profile
I got an idea. I would need the help of every ndeko on this website if possible. Im thinking of opening a youtube channel. Every year a legend from our music passes away and theres an african saying that goes “everytime an elder dies is the same as a library burning down”. Im thinking of opening up a youtube page to interview the legends that are still with us or the people that were close to the ones that passed to get an understanding on the great work they gave us or left us in cases where they’ve already passed. It would be an interviews in french with english subtitles because most interviews that are out are all in lingala. Everybody in Africa listens to our music and because of not being lingalaphones are never able to get the behind the scene stories.

I dont speak lingala and would do anything personnaly to be able to watch a King Kester interview where he tells his amazing story. Or even Le Poete Simaro, Tabu Ley and the likes.

I need my ndekos to help me come up with a list of the people that had an impact on our music and are still with us and are ideally either in france england or canada. Reason being logistics, it would be tough to get an interview from someone thats in KIN.

This channel would be stricly for information purposes and for music lovers. Not lookig for polemic topics, not looking for the million views. Just looking to get a better understanding of the music. If 10 people in 10 different countries watch it and like it that would be enough for me.

Special mention for noncongolese ndekos on the website; who are some people you guys would like to hear from. The purpose of the channel is to broaden the borders of our music which is already pretty global but broadening it to another extent.

Anybody that comes to mind, you guys just let me know. And im a team player anybody wanting to be a part of this team theres a seat at the table for everyone it can be a group effort.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 13:29 by BrazzaBoy »

SoukousFan #1 on: July 08, 2019, 14:04

• View Profile
I think it would be nice to have this below. One thing that these journalists don't realise is that there are non-Congolese/French speaking people that appreciate these interviews, hence these interviews never have subtitles, and youtube captions dont' help.

Manzambi94 #2 on: July 08, 2019, 17:33

• View Profile
It could be a very nice project. Even though I am working I think it might be awesome

Franco Pepe Kalle #3 on: July 09, 2019, 12:05

• View Profile
This is a great idea. Don't worry, I will definitively get started on this, this week.

BrazzaBoy #4 on: July 13, 2019, 13:32

• View Profile
Thank you for the support ndekos. I was thinking of calling the channel Congo Vibes or Les Baobabs to pay hommage to this forum where I spent countless hours. The first person I was thinking of interviewing is Modogo Gian Franco Ferre. Is there anything anybody would like to know about him, me and a good friend of mines from the forum are trying to come up with a list of good questions.

BrazzaBoy #5 on: July 13, 2019, 20:09

• View Profile
Thank you for the support ndekos. I was thinking of calling the channel Congo Vibes or Les Baobabs to pay hommage to this forum where I spent countless hours. The first person I was thinking of interviewing is Modogo Gian Franco Ferre. Is there anything anybody would like to know about him, me and a good friend of mines from the forum are trying to come up with a list of good questions.

bencuri #6 on: July 14, 2019, 00:11

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The idea is good but please don't call the channel Congovibes. It would be better if you would run it on your own channel name or title. Moreover I have already reserved the channel name: Congovibes for the forum. But if you create your own channel for it, I can place it's link and video preview in a block permanently on the frontpage, so people who visit the forum would see it, and could follow it.

To call it Congovibes, the forum staff should be included in the project or make the initiative to launch it, but we (the staff) has no time to participate in it at the moment. It would be nince to turn Congovibes into something more than a forum, that would include projects outside of the spectrum of the forum, but that would take time to coordinate anything like it, and we should adhere to more laws, that means any mistake would risk the forum.

But your idea is good and I am looking forward to the videos!