Author Topic: Interesting Congolese Rumba song  (Read 10665 times)

Franco Pepe Kalle on: February 26, 2014, 02:01

• View Profile
I was going on one of my facebook groups and this man posted his very impressive new song. This song is called Chiquito. It is a genius in my opinion. It is Cuban and it has salsa beats with good Lingala and some Spanish speaking. They call themselves Congolero. Very interesting song. Check this song out.

Jdog #1 on: February 26, 2014, 04:14

• View Profile
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #2 on: February 26, 2014, 10:20

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It is a genius in my opinion.
Good song but you cannot say the song is a genius, it is the musician/ musicians behind it who is/are.
LE BIG BOSS

deanglo #3 on: February 27, 2014, 00:47

• View Profile
It is interesting as the title say. No one does Afro-Cuba as the Cubanos. Thank you ir sharing

masantula #4 on: February 27, 2014, 19:14

• View Profile
Team BCBG "the machine of music"

Mwana Nsalu #5 on: February 27, 2014, 19:24

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
It is a genius in my opinion.
Good song but you cannot say the song is a genius, it is the musician/ musicians behind it who is/are.

actuall genius can be used as an adjective. though it is considered 'informal'
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/genius

as for the song its great i love it!

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #6 on: February 27, 2014, 19:43

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not that I want to dwell much on this small issue but the word can only be used in conjunction with certain words and in a particular context so in the context above, I felt it was misused but I could be wrong,am just too particular maybe it's because it was my favourite subject from primary and right through to high school. :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 19:53 by DJ SLY »
LE BIG BOSS

Mwana Nsalu #7 on: February 27, 2014, 22:32

• View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
Not that I want to dwell much on this small issue but the word can only be used in conjunction with certain words and in a particular context so in the context above, I felt it was misused but I could be wrong,am just too particular maybe it's because it was my favourite subject from primary and right through to high school. :)

LOL mine too. i think its one of those things where over time it became accepted use but generally its not used as an adjective lol

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #8 on: February 27, 2014, 22:52

• Administrator
    • View Profile
LOL mine too. i think its one of those things where over time it became accepted use but generally its not used as an adjective lol
;D Nice one. I think my son is gonna be like me, he likes correcting us yet he knows nothing much, he's only in year 3, he forgets that we his parents are Africans , he wants us to speak like British people but we can't. ;D
LE BIG BOSS

Mwana Nsalu #9 on: February 27, 2014, 22:57

• View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
;D Nice one. I think my son is gonna be like me, he likes correcting us yet he knows nothing much, he's only in year 3, he forgets that we his parents are Africans , he wants us to speak like British people but we can't. ;D

Lol cute

Franco Pepe Kalle #10 on: February 28, 2014, 04:33

• View Profile
I don't care what anyone thinks. It may not be the greatest song but considering how most of today's music is nonsense and rubbish, this song is so refreshing. The man you see with the hat is the one singing. Great song and people and more folks would enjoy this song especially those who like Cuban rumba or original Congolese rumba music.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #11 on: February 28, 2014, 13:55

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't care what anyone thinks. It may not be the greatest song but considering how most of today's music is nonsense and rubbish, this song is so refreshing. The man you see with the hat is the one singing. Great song and people and more folks would enjoy this song especially those who like Cuban rumba or original Congolese rumba music.
It's a fantastic song, reminds me of Kekele. This is classic music and it's the type they play in Nando's restaurant even here in the U.K, I was surprised to listen to Kekele and Papa Noel's songs  on different occasions at Nandos, so refreshing.
LE BIG BOSS