Author Topic: Which 2005-06 squad was better ? Wenge Maison Mere or Quartier Latin ?  (Read 3393 times)

Mfumu Vata on: April 14, 2020, 00:24

• View Profile
Which 2005-06 squad was better ? Wenge Musica Maison Mere or Quartier Latin International ?

Wenge Maison Mere Squad

Drums; Papy Kakol "Sebondo Ya Machine"
Percussion; Ali Mbonda "La Main d'Or"
Keyboards; Chevignon Synthe
Guitars; Mayindombe, Coreen Polystar, Thierry Mogratana & Flamme Kapaya
Bass Guitar; Mimiche Bass (RIP)
Singers; Didier Lacoste, Heritier Wantanabe, Aimelia Lias, Eboa Lotin, Jitrois Galliano, Kabose Bulembi, Bonbon Kojack, Cappucinno LBG, Adjani Sesele & Taddet de Monticule (he participated to Alerte Generale, but hadn't the chance to pariticipate on Temoignage and travel to Europe twice)
Atalaku's; Kene-Kene, Roi David & Celeo Scram

Quartier Latin International

Drums; Titina Al Capone, Tshe-Tshe le Balle & Champion Djikapela (in Europe)
Percussion; Nseka Kudifelela "Passe Kosse"
Keyboards; Mboungou-Mboungou, Gires Synthe & Brice Malonga (In Europe)
Guitars; Fofo le Collegien (In Europe), Bourman Idolo, Poumpa Mystique, Mbetenge Domingo & Felly Tyson
Bass Guitar; Binda Bass
Singers; Ferre Gola, Fally Ipupa, Soleil Wanga, Jipson Butukondolo, Montana Kamenga, Junior Kingombe, Shella Mputu, Modogo Balongana (in Europe), Mirage Supersonic, Asso Ferrari & Babia Ndonga
Atalaku's; Apocalyps Cendre "Thierry Henry", Brigade Rwinga, Mukusa Ya Mbwa & Mboshi Lipassa (In Europe)

CM PRINCE #1 on: April 14, 2020, 00:44

• View Profile
Oh boy incoming MM fanatics loool but naa for me it's QL just look at that team you listed an All star backing with no passengers. I just wish Danger de mort had more songs and Sebene

archos #2 on: April 14, 2020, 00:52

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Oh boy incoming MM fanatics loool but naa for me it's QL just look at that team you listed an All star backing with no passengers. I just wish Danger de mort had more songs and Sebene

and i am sure koffi until today regrets not having a proper hit credited to himself,with ferre and fally co leading
he was surely too confident of having both for at least two albums

Mfumu Vata #3 on: April 14, 2020, 01:05

• View Profile
I would also choose for Quartier Latin. I started this thread, because after watching quickly some videos of QL & Maison Mere from 2006, made me think how most people claimed that the Wenge Maison Mere squad of 2005/06 was the best band of DRC and them always winning in polls on internet. Back in the days, despite being a QL-fan, I was doubting deep in myself between both bands (envoutement elekaki lol).

Seben_Maniac #4 on: April 14, 2020, 01:18

• View Profile
QL of course. A better comparison would've been 2001-2003 WMM vs 2001-2003 QL. I would say they were pretty even there.

Kizito #5 on: April 14, 2020, 07:29

• View Profile
QL squad was a dream team, having Ferre, Fally and Babia in the same band was masterstroke from Koffie, its a pity that they didn't leave behind anything notable, I guess that there was no energy and motivation as some musicians were not happy with how Ferre was paid to join the band and Ferre and Fally focusing on their solo career, while Maison Mere had young and energetic members. Vocal wise like chalk and cheese, QL beating WMM by far,   but in live performance WMM was more exciting.

Mukulu #6 on: April 14, 2020, 10:11

• View Profile
Quartier latin 2005-2006 was better but Wenge did more with Alerte , Temoignage & Sous Sol

Congolitude #7 on: April 14, 2020, 10:16

• View Profile
QL so faaar. I think if there was a little more motivation and less tension in the band, QL could have produced one of the best albums of Congolese music and it would have been better if it was Dolce instead of Mboshi

Cavalier Solitaire #8 on: April 14, 2020, 10:20

• View Profile
I think name for name QL is an obvious pick but in terms of which team had more hunger and very good cohesion within the squad MM tips the balance in their favour especially because they had more younger musicians who wanted to make a name for themselves whilst for QL, well it was an all star squad (except for 2 or 3 names) with lots of egos and less motivation with the feeling that at this point most of them had nothing more to prove.