Author Topic: Koffi Olomide & Quartier Latin- Live À L'Olympia 1998 (FULL VHS)  (Read 5771 times)

BercysFinest98 on: April 14, 2020, 20:49

• View Profile

For me out of this concert, Bercy & Zénith, its without a shadow of doubt that this one is the best out of all of them. Listen to that drum tuning! ESTHÉTIQUEUUUH!
My favourite part would have to be the bit in the Miss Des Miss sebene where everyone follows Lebou Kabuya in the "belo belo" dance!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 20:55 by BercysFinest98 »

Congolitude #1 on: April 14, 2020, 21:05

• View Profile
Wooooooow I was looking for Miss des Miss sebene but for a few months there was no longer this part NOWHERE, for those who are looking the part its 45min to 56min

BercysFinest98 #2 on: April 14, 2020, 21:08

• View Profile
Wooooooow I was looking for Miss des Miss sebene but for a few months there was no longer this part NOWHERE, for those who are looking the part its 45min to 56min
LITERALLY SAME HERE! I was searching for it for time! Because the version that Melynga uploaded had it cut out halfway through! We need to at least save this before anyone tries to take it down!

Mfumu Vata #3 on: April 14, 2020, 21:19

• View Profile
This version is still not complete lol, because the part of when Consty Eka is presenting Koffi for the second and him singing Miss des Miss is missing + plus de sebene of it from the start until that Lebou suddenly appears with the guitar. Also the a big part of Andrada with those solo dance acts of Modogo, Bouro, Depitcho and co.

I think that he copied the VHS 20 years and that his cassette hadn't alot of space (back in the days you had some cassettes where you cold record only 120 minutes, other 300 minutes, some 240, etc. and most people sometimes uploading 3 VHS or 2 VHS in one) with him skipping that part.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 21:21 by Mfumu Vata »

Congolitude #4 on: April 14, 2020, 21:21

• View Profile
LITERALLY SAME HERE! I was searching for it for time! Because the version that Melynga uploaded had it cut out halfway through! We need to at least save this before anyone tries to take it down!

In this video they left the "belo belo" part but they cut other parts, for example before "belo belo" there was the original sebene of miss des miss it was cut

Congolitude #5 on: April 14, 2020, 21:23

• View Profile
This version is still not complete lol, because the part of when Consty Eka is presenting Koffi for the second and him singing Miss des Miss is missing + plus de sebene of it from the start until that Lebou suddenly appears with the guitar. Also the a big part of Andrada with those solo dance acts of Modogo, Bouro, Depitcho and co.

I think that he copied the VHS 20 years and that his cassette hadn't alot of space (back in the days you had some cassettes where you cold record only 120 minutes, other 300 minutes, some 240, etc. and most people sometimes uploading 3 VHS or 2 VHS in one) with him skipping that part.

Sonodisc should have released a 4 CD version with the entire concert, it was so mythical...

BercysFinest98 #6 on: April 14, 2020, 21:28

• View Profile

Ahhh that I can defo comprend. The reason why I said "Full VHS" was because, it finally had the full "Miss Des Miss" sebene in it! But sometimes I do wish there was footage of Koffi performing "NGULUPA" and watching Consty Eka present Koffi with the crowd's energy rather than depending on the CD!

Seben_Maniac #7 on: April 14, 2020, 21:37

• View Profile

BercysFinest98 #8 on: April 14, 2020, 21:44

• View Profile

Mfumu Vata #9 on: April 14, 2020, 22:05

• View Profile
Those who were living in DRC and who had a tv in their house were lucky for having followed the whole show from the start until the end. (songs like Papito Charme, etc.)

BercysFinest98 #10 on: April 14, 2020, 22:06

• View Profile
Those who were living in DRC and who had a tv in their house were lucky for having followed the whole show from the start until the end. (songs like Papito Charme, etc.)
He did Papito Charme?!

Seben_Maniac #11 on: April 14, 2020, 22:07

• View Profile

They really performed that song? All this time I thought we had all the content from the concert. I really loved the first part of that song!

Matebu #12 on: April 14, 2020, 22:16

• View Profile
Man, props to Koffi. Back in the day he had the ability to put on a show for 5-6 hours straight. I got to experience that at his 2001 Zenith.... nowadays I go to a Fally concert and he exhausts his entire repertoire of hits (same rhumbas at each concert) in less than 2 hours and boom... show's over before midnight.

Mfumu Vata #13 on: April 14, 2020, 22:21

• View Profile
When Congolese artists used to perform at Zenith, Olympia or Bercy in the years 1998-2002, they used to perform like 18 songs. Which made the concerts being 5h long (not even counting the pauses) starting from 00:00 going until 6 in the morning.

When they were releasing the VHS-version of concerts (later DVDs) they were only picking the best parts of the concerst with those videos mostly having max. 10/12 songs. Sometimes they were releasing those videos in 2 parts (volume 1 & 2), but it had then still not the full version of the concert.

For example the VHS-version of Koffi's bercy isn't even 50% of it, because they performed alot of songs that day (Chocolat which was performed as a playback, which made Wemba-fanatics mock him about that, songs like Non Assistance, Victoire, Tchernobyl, Nul n'est parfait, etc.), having also those guests who came to sing with him on stage (Nayanka Bell singing with Koffi the song they sung at Kora Awards, Passi singing African Kings with Koffi, Roga Roga playing guitar on stage when they performed Cameleon,etc.).

Mfumu Vata #14 on: April 14, 2020, 22:28

• View Profile

They really performed that song? All this time I thought we had all the content from the concert. I really loved the first part of that song!

I saw back in the days mamale, bouro, depitcho dancing on the sebene of it in a VHS made by Zacharie Bababaswe and Koffi's dncers watching to it in Koffi's house. It must be the full footage of the concert filmed by Theophile Badoana's team before bringing it to the Ecoutez Voir-studio to modifie it with Jean-Pierre Pasquet and make the VHS-version that we know.