Author Topic: Effrakata Vs Kibuisa Mpimpa Best songs tournament Round I [Appreciation Thread]  (Read 2652 times)

Mopao195 on: June 24, 2021, 23:25

• MM
    • View Profile
The reason im doing this is cuz I want to wish both of these records a happy 20th-anniversary Effrakata is the album that means the most to me with a classic intro that I used to dance to all the time when I was little and I would love a translation of the song Logique and Koffi was definitely dissing somebody on G.B Gros Bebe and Generation Bercy lol man I wish I knew Lingala sometimes. Operation Dragon is a decent album Blandine, Fleur d'amour and the intro are the standouts. Feel free to type your appreciation for the album you like the most before voting.

Effrakata Vs Operation Dragon

G.B. Gros Bebe Vs Fair-Play

Logique Vs Fleur d'amour

Suivez Le Guide Vs Un Prince Au Congo

Bilan Vs Destin ya Moto

R.A.S (Rien A Signaler) Vs Waka Waka

Robot Vs Nakoyamba Yo

Washington Vs Blandine

Gilba Vs Le Grand Monsieur

Generation Bercy Vs Kibuisa Mpimpa

Choc Vs Tave

Destination Vs Annie

Babou Vs Obiang

Ravisse Vs Le Vent Du Soir

Medecin De Nuit Vs Ntima mbote

Effervescent Vs 13 Ans 

Grandpretre #1 on: June 25, 2021, 10:40

• View Profile
Effrakata
Gb
Logique
Suivez le guide (very hard choice)
Bilan
Waka waka
Robot
Blandine
Generation bercy
Choc
Destination
Babou
Ravisse
Medecin de nuit
Effervescent

Yes kibuisa is a classic album but koffi/ql’s level at this time is very different man, very different. But 2 classics albums.

Franco Pepe Kalle #2 on: June 26, 2021, 00:53

• View Profile
Operation Dragon
Fair-Play
Fleur D'Amour
Suivez Le Guide
Destin ya Moto
Waka Waka
Nakoyamba yo
Blandine
Le Grand Monsieur
Kibuisa Mpimpa
Choc
Destination
Babou
Ravisse
Medecin D'Unit
13 ans

Kizito #3 on: June 27, 2021, 15:51

• View Profile
Effrakata

Fair-Play

Fleur d'amour

Suivez Le Guide

Bilan

R.A.S (Rien A Signaler

Robot 

Blandine

Le Grand Monsieur

Kibuisa Mpimpa

Tave

Destination

Babou

Ravisse

Medecin De Nuit

13 Ans

PCGY KASTELLO #4 on: June 27, 2021, 17:39

• View Profile
1. Le Vent Du Soir -  Always my number one on any track list

2. Operation Dragon

3. G.B. Gros Bebe

4. Fair-Play

5. Fleur d'amour

6. Suivez Le Guide

7. Un Prince Au Congo

8. Bilan

9. R.A.S (Rien A Signaler)

10. Blandine

11. Gilba  Le Grand Monsieur

12. Generation Bercy

13.  Kibuisa Mpimpa

14. Tave

15 Destination

16. Annie

17. Obiang

18. 13 Ans 

I feel the pairing was a bit mismatched. Both albums are classic ones.
However Kibuisa Mpimpa has the edge over Effrakata. In my opinion, i feel it is Werra's best album so far... it is his benchmark work. I'm not taking away any effort put in Effrakata, but very few songs would make it on a head to head with MPIMPA.
All in all both are classical albums

Jeffrey Sirjeza Sibanda #5 on: June 27, 2021, 21:12

• View Profile
I love Kubuisa yes but versus Effrakata, I will choose Effrakata super classic in everything, music videos etc.

Seben_Maniac #6 on: June 27, 2021, 21:29

• View Profile
Operation Dragon

Fair-Play

Fleur d'amour

Suivez Le Guide

Bilan

R.A.S (Rien A Signaler)

Robot

Washington

Gilba

Generation Bercy

Tave

Annie

Obiang

Le Vent Du Soir

Medecin De Nuit

13 Ans

SLK97 #7 on: June 28, 2021, 17:29

• View Profile
Operation Dragon
GB Gros Bebe
Logique
Suivez le Guide
Bilan
RAS
Robot
Blandine
Le Grand Monsieur
Generation Bercy
Tave
Annie
Babou
Le Vent du Soir
Medecin de Nuit
13 Ans

Regardless of the winner, both albums are classic albums where the respective artists and their bands (at least the lineups of the time) had really hit their stride. Effrakata is basically Koffi's second peak as far as rumbas are concerned, and the Generation Bercy of QL had truly matured as a unit here and established themselves. Kibuisa Mpimpa has sebenes that are aggressive, but not too aggressive yet not that mellow, it has bits and pieces of other genres like hip hop, salsa, reggae and even jazz and it shows how the Maison Mere Dream Team Dream Band instantly bounced back after losing Adolphe and Lacoste. That said, when needed, Effrakata still had the sebenes to get you grooving and Kibuisa has its fair share of memorable rumbas.

We should also give credits to the arrangers who gave each album their own special touch. Philippe Guez worked on both albums and listening to his work (Blandine, Robot and Medecin de Nuit stand out), you could tell that he added his own spin on rumba and helped both men fulfil the vision they had for their songs without diluting it. Al Nzimbi arranged Kibuisa Mpimpa, and he used his keyboards as background to fill out the songs a bit more while still keeping the guitars audible. He knew which sound to use at the right moment, and so did Philippe. All in all, two albums that Congolese music lovers will still praise for years to come.

Toolz #8 on: June 28, 2021, 18:08

• View Profile
Operation Dragon
GB Gros Bebe
Logique
Suivez le Guide
Bilan
RAS
Robot
Blandine
Le Grand Monsieur
Generation Bercy
Tave
Annie
Babou
Le Vent du Soir
Medecin de Nuit
13 Ans

Regardless of the winner, both albums are classic albums where the respective artists and their bands (at least the lineups of the time) had really hit their stride. Effrakata is basically Koffi's second peak as far as rumbas are concerned, and the Generation Bercy of QL had truly matured as a unit here and established themselves. Kibuisa Mpimpa has sebenes that are aggressive, but not too aggressive yet not that mellow, it has bits and pieces of other genres like hip hop, salsa, reggae and even jazz and it shows how the Maison Mere Dream Team Dream Band instantly bounced back after losing Adolphe and Lacoste. That said, when needed, Effrakata still had the sebenes to get you grooving and Kibuisa has its fair share of memorable rumbas.

We should also give credits to the arrangers who gave each album their own special touch. Philippe Guez worked on both albums and listening to his work (Blandine, Robot and Medecin de Nuit stand out), you could tell that he added his own spin on rumba and helped both men fulfil the vision they had for their songs without diluting it. Al Nzimbi arranged Kibuisa Mpimpa, and he used his keyboards as background to fill out the songs a bit more while still keeping the guitars audible. He knew which sound to use at the right moment, and so did Philippe. All in all, two albums that Congolese music lovers will still praise for years to come.

Beautiful analysis. I like it.