Author Topic: THE UNAPPRECIATED CELEO!  (Read 845 times)

NEWSIDE96 on: May 08, 2022, 22:49

• View Profile
I don't understand as to why in the Congolese music scene Celeo Scram does not get the respect and appreciation deserved. Firstly, before joining Wenge Musica Maison Mere way back in 1997, he had animation call that were already popular and other bigger groups had called the animations too, most notably Quartier Latin (the two stellar animators Somono & Mboshi).

"Ya yo Ya yo, oyo mama lukota" (1997) >

05:50

Somono taking the same animation 04:44

"Papa sombi Vespa, yokela pasi na moto" (1997 originally) >

04:22

Mboshi taking the same animation 06:38

"Bengela nga... Ni Nde nde nde, Dingili dingili ma" >

02:41 Disrespectul how Werrason made Bill call it on Force D'Intervention Rapide.

"Yandika ntolela.. mvuka mata na kinshasa... yandima ntololo" >

06:29 The Popular!

Somono taking the same animation 03:10 & Mboshi taking the same popular animation 03:51

Possibly this animation too:

"Bayeba te.. kuna bayeba te" 1997

08:58 "he could be the author of this animation"

Mboshi taking the same animation 01:27

I think Werrason by not utilizing Celeo Scram heavily in the first two albums of Wenge Musica Maison Mere held Celeo back, however he still stood strong with the famous "Hutu Swamini" (10/10)! Called by other groups too and "kilumbu Kakiesse" in Solola Bien, from "Kibuisa Mpimpa" to "Sous Sol" Celeo went from strength to strength! If I have time I'll do a review of his first album "Nzoto na Nzoto" which is a excellent album especially in the 5th Generation, being one of the best from that generation and era. How does the Congolese media not recognize this, as much of a legend Bill Clinton is, Celeo Scram should be held to same standard, the day he passes away people recognize how special he is the department of animation in our country Congo!!!

Mfumu Vata #1 on: May 08, 2022, 23:16

• View Profile
The bayeba te cri become popular because of Wenge 4x4. Tutu Kaluji used to animate in the concerts before the split. It was also one of the reasons why Werrason was really mad at Koffi. coming to his house in Montfleury and shouting at him. Because of hearing the wayMboshi and Somono animated some of the cri's that Kaluji used to animate (iincluding Kumbaza ya Moyo na Reference eh). Koffi once talked about it 2 years ago without naming Werrason at an interview he made for Trace when talking about Loi.

Until this day, when Celeo sometimes talks about the generique he made with Alpatchino. He always tries reminds  that he came with the "yandi matololo" animation, Mboshi stealing to animate it at Olympia and in Droit de Veto, but journalists never paying attention and eager to ask him polemic questions about his time in Maison Mere.

archos #2 on: May 08, 2022, 23:22

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
 i think the problems with celeo in his solo career which contributed to the disrespect he gets is that he had issues with the wrong people in congolese media(werra and fally ),because if people say the problem is that he does polemic a lot there is robinio who literally makes  several times now interview the day after a certain artist in something which is none of his business to give an opposite opinion but he still gets backed a lot,those who laugh in favour of him in polemic with fally do not support his music enough,since his polemic has far more success and their artists are better singers ,while on the other hand robinio is heavily supported first for his loyalty but also to spite  the rivals,for example robinio laughed his axx off when asked by ado if he listened to celeo's album,positive buzz for robinio,if it was the other way round or celeo against whoever or a younger artist against an older to avoid names,i think you know there would be if its some artists already videos of counterattack by one week max,just for thatminute of laughing instead of answering the question
then himself is at fault,his extended stay in kinshasa after missing the potentially career changeing opportunities in 2010 because of not getting visas because of .... set him back but he set himself back even more first neglecting himself physically,the prime celeo was skinny,for sure with age and the leadership status more of them put on some cheeks or belly and things like that,but i think he let himself go a lot,somebody like lacoste has the same problem,and its already makes him a easy target for bad mouthing,about how his head got so big that his neck disappears at times and things like that
then himself is so obsessed to prove that an atalaku can make a rumba hit on his own like singers,which requires him making 3 times or more the effort a random singer would have to make that rumba has to be near perfection in every possible thing to really succeed
then also he is going too much by the mindset of half musician half worker,look what it did to blaise bula's career
the guy has been postponing kin concert in chez ntemba for about 2 years because he has to go to formation of this, then formation of that,then do this job then that job,there is zero artist in DRC who ever gets a sustainable success without looking like he is fully focused on music,and celeo sends that message of an half retired musician already,i even saw once somebody comment and get like 2K likes that if celeo ever has any hit he'll sleep with his own mother
and the most major point,he does not put enough focus anymore on dance music,does not promote the few good ones he still does make,for example his album is out,its clear to be seen that two of his dance songs of the album had a good reception in the start and "look like the type of song which can succeed' but instead he released three or 4 rumba clips which he wont be doing better than a but na filet let alone a fally ferre