Author Topic: LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE GOT TOO USED TO THE MAINTENANCE BREAKS LOL  (Read 446 times)

archos on: February 07, 2024, 15:43

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i have noticed for a couple of weeks now that forum got extremely calm,i dont know if unconsciously with the maintenance breaks having happened more in recent 4 5 6 weeks than in years sometimes in the past we got used to it and are not as active as usual
now you can post a comment and comfortably spend 24 hours before the next one or another thread
i will start my topic about the rules of congolese music this friday if i get my new laptop normally,this one has a messed up keyboard now because the kids were playing and coke or whatever drink was spread on it
i hope topics like that one can revive the usual activity of the forum

CM PRINCE #1 on: February 07, 2024, 17:26

• View Profile
I was thinking the same thing. The forum seems to be dead recently, I think it’s also use to the absence of guys like Mfumu and Matebu who would always come up with interesting topics or at least be active but I’m not sure.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 18:26 by CM PRINCE »

archos #2 on: February 07, 2024, 18:00

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yep there is definitely topics which would have gone above the 5th page with mfumu and matebu's precious contribution
i hope mfumu will come back since he still is active on youtube

CM PRINCE #3 on: February 07, 2024, 18:30

• View Profile
yep there is definitely topics which would have gone above the 5th page with mfumu and matebu's precious contribution
Message him

bencuri #4 on: February 07, 2024, 19:39

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The mobile theme is off, is someone needed it they might be less active recently. But the updates still last for 1-2 weeks. Until then I cannot switch it back. The forum core features were 10 years old, there was no more time left to wait, elase it could have collapsed and we needed to start everything from scratch.

bencuri #5 on: February 07, 2024, 19:41

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Secondly: I needed to ban some servers in the US for large scale hacking attack activity. If some members were using those servers they might have got locked out, but I left an error message for them to inquire about lifting the ban on Facebook. So far noone inquired.

archos #6 on: February 07, 2024, 19:52

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i think it will come back to normal activity soon

bencuri #7 on: February 08, 2024, 19:08

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Don't forget guys the fact that while on popular social media sites everyone can have their own space and don't need to conform to others, at those sites the moderators can delete the channel just any time, in case of any little mistake. You don't follow some minor rule, and you can be banned. Just like Vibes D'Afrique, that was running on a subscription like service, or there channel of DJ Omega or INA Congo. Especially if your share links to albums to download, and discuss where and what to download. The advantage of having this forum is that it can not be banned, even if it is banned at one server, I can upload it to the next,so the things go on as usual. And as I mentioned earlier, if anyone needs his own section, I can create it, even can ban users  they wouldn't like to see there commenting. Anything you share here will remain, unlike at Facebook or Youtube, where it can be wiped in a second if the moderator feels so, or an angry fan or manager reports the channel. Like in case of Rigo Makengo reporting Ina Congo.