Author Topic: BREAK-OUT TIME  (Read 4727 times)

shamala on: May 31, 2014, 02:53

• View Profile
This is the season of break outs...more and more artists are going solo.
Djino
Bogus
cappuccino
deplik
chain
robinho
etc
who is likely to succeed in your opinion and why considering by Monsoh is harvesting most of them.
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

Mwana Nsalu #1 on: May 31, 2014, 03:14

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
definite stand outs to me are cappuccino and deplick. the rest are a toss up to me. i wish them all success though.
i feel like this year is a defining moment in congolese music. i predict some new trends  just due to the influences of fally and ferre as well as the older influence of werrason etc. the influential combination is different, making it ripe for some notable stuff to come out.
i'm excited to see where all these solo acts go. personally it is getting boring to follow the same 5 acts (ferre, fally, werra, jb & koffi) it's time for some new blood to shake things up.

Jdog #2 on: May 31, 2014, 03:38

• View Profile
Boguys's album has been out fow a while now and no one is buying it or talking about it. Chai is a faux chanteur but it looks like he is going to play some nice sebene. Djino might be like Didier Lacoste and make good music and get his fair share of fans but talk too much on TV and the internet. Cap LBG is a good dancer and has the looks and has had two pretty good rhumbas on Maison Mere albums. Deplick has some following and can sing and dance and has looks and it looks like he will get a lot of promotion and people who are not his friends and family would know about his album and actuallyy buy it. Heritier can be the next Fally or Ferre and be on top of Congolese music because he has a huge following for someone who is a groupmember and he has had songs that a lot of people have listened to and liked andplus he's a good dancer and he will be under the guidance of David Monsoh who took Fally international and now is going to work with Ferre. Robinho looks like he will play some good rhumba.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 03:39 by Jdog »
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

KAISARI #3 on: May 31, 2014, 03:48

• Soul Rebel
    • View Profile
...Wantanabe, Djino and Brigade...
You do not beat a drum with one finger

EMOVICTEAM #4 on: May 31, 2014, 06:56

• View Profile
Congolese music is just like any when some fresh talent goes solo: depends on the looks, the extent to which the artist is known, the type of style of music, how he/she sings, how he dances. Koffi was handsome then, played sweet songs and has a good voice. Werrason and jb took advantage of rivalry, both looked handsome (though people say werra is better), both played hot sebene and were known. Fally and ferre situation is almost similar to jb and werra.

Now looking at my analysis, deplick stands a very big chance and wantanabe if he goes solo. Werrasons boys are really exposed due to repetitions (concerts) and are all young and energetic. Jb does not do much about that. Gino to me will be the first bcbg solo artist to make it because he just has that stage precense and he is showing himself on tv.  The next oneto make from bcbg is Abraham. he has it all. Boguys is as singer but is a snail, slow at moving and cant dance. this is the desease Chai has and this will reflect what i say about bcbg.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:09 by EMOBCBG »

Mwana Nsalu #5 on: May 31, 2014, 13:43

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
i did not notice the ETC at the end there. I would definitely add heritier and brigade to my commentary as definite stand outs.

JV “Lone Ranger” #6 on: May 31, 2014, 13:52

• View Profile
Deplick, Djino, Brigade, Heritier, skinny boy from BCBG....Deplick and Heritier are most likely to make it