Author Topic: I AM LEAVING CONGOVIBES FOR GOOD  (Read 11629 times)

shamala #15 on: December 31, 2019, 07:35

• View Profile
At times the forum get quite heated. I know this for a fact. I have always urged restraint especially when commenting on the individual, I recommend that we restrict the comment /replies to the subject matter. Other matters clarifications can be able interrogated via private message.

@Manzambi94.... I urge you not to leave but into interact privately with admin to sort you out.
MY OPINION
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.

jeantwatwa #16 on: December 31, 2019, 10:58

• View Profile
leave if you want bro, it's your decision and people must understand and respect that. social media is full of trolls and bullies, you just gotta rise above it all. Anyways, best of luck.

JV “Lone Ranger” #17 on: December 31, 2019, 12:32

• View Profile
leave if you want bro, it's your decision and people must understand and respect that. social media is full of trolls and bullies, you just gotta rise above it all. Anyways, best of luck.

Then he will forever run from bullies and trolls if he leaves a forum whenever he comes across it. You don't deal with things like this by running away from it, you deal with it by confronting it or talk with the admin, that's to me is rising above it.

bencuri #18 on: December 31, 2019, 12:35

• Administrator
    • View Profile
At times the forum get quite heated. I know this for a fact. I have always urged restraint especially when commenting on the individual, I recommend that we restrict the comment /replies to the subject matter. Other matters clarifications can be able interrogated via private message.

@Manzambi94.... I urge you not to leave but into interact privately with admin to sort you out.
MY OPINION

Guys shamala is right. Me and DJ Sly have no time to check the forum full time, if something happens without our noticing it, you should let us know.

Mirobexx #19 on: December 31, 2019, 13:30

• View Profile
Dont take this forum seriously. Its only there for entertainment. We all share a love of Congolese music. If you look at the members we are not all Congolese. Am Zimbabwean but here i have people who love the same music as me. We cant all agree on everything. Dont let others spoil your hobby. If you are serious about leaving we cant do anything about it.

Jdog #20 on: January 01, 2020, 03:00

• View Profile
Manzambi come back man, your insight is very much appreciated by most on this forum.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Matebu #21 on: January 02, 2020, 21:42

• View Profile
So no luck guys in reaching @Manzambi? It's a shame we lost him like this.

To other members, please be considerate of others so our unique community can be prosper. At the same time, as other as mentioned, it's not that serious when there's little disagreements of opinion. We go through worse in our day-to-day lives.

dany #22 on: January 04, 2020, 07:03

• Music is therapy
    • View Profile
Manzambi come back as an aspiring musician this is a great platform for you. As Mr. Ibu said, "it doesn't matter whether you do good or bad in life people will always talk".

Tata Nkiadi #23 on: January 04, 2020, 18:08

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
To other members, please be considerate of others so our unique community can be prosper. At the same time, as other as mentioned, it's not that serious when there's little disagreements of opinion. We go through worse in our day-to-day lives.

You know over the years, despite my periods of silence in recent years, I’ve watched this forum evolve into what it is today. Members come and go but after over 20 years, the core are still here. Many of are not actively commenting but they’re still watching. At one time we had Franco and Wenge posts dominated conversations. Many of us were young then being introduced to the new and exciting ways to keep up with Congolese music and yes there were disagreements, MANY of them. But the atmosphere that I see today in this forum has gotten extremely toxic. And no offense to other members here who represent other countries but I find it totally egregious Congolese publicly disrespecting other Congolese on here, as if Congo doesn’t already have its own problems with polemiques.

This is one of the few, if not the only English speaking forum dedicated to Congolese music and it’s a shame that people feel they can’t openly express their opinions without being unfairly attacked. Even myself I’ve taken a back seat, I’d rather watch than be attacked because I don’t agree with the general consensus. Granted, my contributions today aren’t nearly as influential or meaningful as they were say 10 years ago, but I’d like to still think I have some kind of voice. It’s also sad that important contributors feel as if they don’t belong. I’m the early days, Europeans were heavy contributors and it was appreciated. But it’s refreshing to see posters who are right there in the mix, I like to call them the forum journalists . I sincerely hope Manzambi would reconsider.

bencuri #24 on: January 04, 2020, 19:38

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If certain people feel they are on the sideline with their opinion, or think they would feel better among people who are closer to them in way of thinking, there is always the possibility of creating a separate section for them here on the site. Even in a way, that only selected members will be able to comment there, and people can only join in an invite only way. You just need to ask.

JV “Lone Ranger” #25 on: January 04, 2020, 22:28

• View Profile
If certain people feel they are on the sideline with their opinion, or think they would feel better among people who are closer to them in way of thinking, there is always the possibility of creating a separate section for them here on the site. Even in a way, that only selected members will be able to comment there, and people can only join in an invite only way. You just need to ask.

Some people just need to man up and stop being soo sensitive about small things, it's not that serious. If it is, create a feature that blocks certain people from commenting on a post an individual creates.

CM PRINCE #26 on: January 04, 2020, 22:42

• View Profile

Some people just need to man up and stop being soo sensitive about small things, it's not that serious. If it is, create a feature that blocks certain people from commenting on a post an individual creates.
I agree, it really isn't that serious.

Ken Bilele #27 on: January 06, 2020, 08:34

• View Profile
Since Manzambi was leaving, he would have done justice to us if he pointed out specific people who he considered hostile. With that they would have been notified and maybe correct themselves for the betterment of the group. Bencuri should therefore create a feature where a member can report a fellow member who they may feel is aggressive towards them. The truth is internet is full of bullies and people based on their up bringing only find joy in rebuking others. At the same time guys should also learn that it's not always your way, even though that is important it must be with respect.

SoukousFan #28 on: January 06, 2020, 12:07

• View Profile
Bencuri, I wonder if when you get new suggestions for additions to the group, is there any screening process, or would that be too difficult a task to conduct?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 12:11 by SoukousFan »

bencuri #29 on: January 06, 2020, 21:19

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Since Manzambi was leaving, he would have done justice to us if he pointed out specific people who he considered hostile. With that they would have been notified and maybe correct themselves for the betterment of the group. Bencuri should therefore create a feature where a member can report a fellow member who they may feel is aggressive towards them. The truth is internet is full of bullies and people based on their up bringing only find joy in rebuking others. At the same time guys should also learn that it's not always your way, even though that is important it must be with respect.

That feature has been there since the forum started. It is at the right bottom of every post: "report to moderator". When you click that, you can even add a comment why you report the post.

Sadly, none of the members who left us recently used this feature, and without this it is not easy to find out who is upset by what.

Moreover as you can see, I added a post to the sticky topics about what you can do if you have problems. For example, you can PM me, etc.