Author Topic: I AM LEAVING CONGOVIBES FOR GOOD  (Read 11628 times)

bencuri #30 on: January 06, 2020, 21:20

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bencuri, I wonder if when you get new suggestions for additions to the group, is there any screening process, or would that be too difficult a task to conduct?

What do you mean by "new suggestions for additions"?

SoukousFan #31 on: January 07, 2020, 06:34

• View Profile
Bencuri, I wonder if when you get new suggestions for additions to the group, is there any screening process, or would that be too difficult a task to conduct?

I mean, what happens when a new user registers to Congovibes? are there any screening processes taken or it is a matter of doing the admin i.e. storing emails, IP Addresses, etc

Ken Bilele #32 on: January 07, 2020, 08:33

• View Profile
Since Manzambi was leaving, he would have done justice to us if he pointed out specific people who he considered hostile. With that they would have been notified and maybe correct themselves for the betterment of the group. Bencuri should therefore create a feature where a member can report a fellow member who they may feel is aggressive towards them. The truth is internet is full of bullies and people based on their up bringing only find joy in rebuking others. At the same time guys should also learn that it's not always your way, even though that is important it must be with respect.

That feature has been there since the forum started. It is at the right bottom of every post: "report to moderator". When you click that, you can even add a comment why you report the post.

Sadly, none of the members who left us recently used this feature, and without this it is not easy to find out who is upset by what.

Moreover as you can see, I added a post to the sticky topics about what you can do if you have problems. For example, you can PM me, etc.

Thanks for the feedback. At this point it's only good to encourage members to report such incidences.

bencuri #33 on: January 07, 2020, 11:38

• Administrator
    • View Profile

I mean, what happens when a new user registers to Congovibes? are there any screening processes taken or it is a matter of doing the admin i.e. storing emails, IP Addresses, etc

The procedure here is that every new registrant has to be allowed by the admin. Just like in case of many other forums. This is not a 100% guarantee though, that whoever registers will not provoke others. You cannot look into the mind of people through the computer. The way to filter provokers is that people who feel provoked report it. Just like you report an offensive post on Facebook. The feature is there here as well since the start, some members already reported issues through this feature in the past, it was solved, this time people who left didn't report anything just left. Nothing can be done in this case. If you have problems, you have to talk about it so that people can help you.