Author Topic: FINALLY, FERRE GOLA FIRST PETITE YA QUARTIER GENERIQUE PILILI YA MBUMA!!!!!  (Read 32451 times)

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #30 on: August 28, 2014, 18:37

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Windeck, it was just a bit of humour, there are some hardcore fans of Werrason and Fally who have probably vowed that they will continue to rubbish anything released by Ferre, EMO is one of them so it makes me wonder he still bothers to listen to Ferre's music in the first place. Lol
LE BIG BOSS

Rajogi #31 on: August 28, 2014, 20:54

• View Profile
Couldn't force myself to listen to it for the 3rd time! Poor!! >:( >:( >:(

pierrefelix537 #32 on: August 28, 2014, 21:08

Pierrefeliex, forget about Charly Solo, it's Hadji Solo who played both generiques and am glad Ferre followed advice of his fans, Charly was a let down on the two previous albums.
Soloing is not about having a crisp clear tone but creativity, Hadji is way better and that's why he's taken over, even at concerts Hadji is playing a lot more, I can't be surprised and infact it will be a blessing in disguise should Charly go to Maison Mere as rumoured, maybe that's another reason he's been sidelined completely.
i totally agree with you on this one
i dont even think werra would use charly either because werra himself has many soloists that are better than charly ;D

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #33 on: August 28, 2014, 23:27

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Having watched several rehearsals and live concert dvd's showing Charly Solo, I know for a fact that he is very skilled quite alright and he would fit in well at Maison Mere because he's got Flamme Kapaya's style though he doesn't create as many guitar partitions, he likes repeating the same partitions,I think it's because the atalukus themselves at Ferre's band also repeat the same stuff, atalukus normally drive the sebene so the instrumentalists play along to the atalukus calls.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 23:29 by DJ SLY »
LE BIG BOSS

Jdog #34 on: August 28, 2014, 23:54

• View Profile
Couldn't force myself to listen to it for the 3rd time! Poor!! >:( >:( >:(
I have listened to it atleast like 20 times now, it's good for me.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

EMOVICTEAM #35 on: August 29, 2014, 00:53

• View Profile
Windeck, it was just a bit of humour, there are some hardcore fans of Werrason and Fally who have probably vowed that they will continue to rubbish anything released by Ferre, EMO is one of them so it makes me wonder he still bothers to listen to Ferre's music in the first place. Lol

sly, listen to werra de zimbabwe. His comments are a mirror of what I think of tne generic. And I think I will also hybernate like him. Congolese music is shrinking in terms of class.

pierrefelix537 #36 on: August 29, 2014, 02:51

Having watched several rehearsals and live concert dvd's showing Charly Solo, I know for a fact that he is very skilled quite alright and he would fit in well at Maison Mere because he's got Flamme Kapaya's style though he doesn't create as many guitar partitions, he likes repeating the same partitions,I think it's because the atalukus themselves at Ferre's band also repeat the same stuff, atalukus normally drive the sebene so the instrumentalists play along to the atalukus calls.
comeon you cannot compare charly to flamme kapaya ,flamme is on another level skills and creativity hes very powerful on solo on the other hand charly is very skilled on guitar too but hes not creative at all hes been on the same level for years

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #37 on: August 29, 2014, 07:01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pierrefelix, I have not compared Charly Solo to Flamme,if Charly played exactly like Flamme then I would be stupid to even wish that he leaves Ferre's band.
What I said is that Charly plays Flamme Kapaya's style of soloing but he's not creative, he repeats the same. Partitions and that's his own problem otherwise he's good and never makes mistakes with the notes when playing and he's got that crisp clear tone when he plays which they love at Wenge Maison Mere so all he needs is to create more partitions and I think he will now that he's realised that Hadji is a major threat.
Charly lost his position as Chef d'orchestre and now he has lost his place as lead soloist on the maxi single so he's definitely worried, if he doesn't pull up his socks then soon he'll be out of the band,its inevitable.
LE BIG BOSS

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #38 on: August 29, 2014, 07:08

• Administrator
    • View Profile
EMO, in as much as I agree that congolese music has gone to the dogs, I refuse to hibernate and avoid it like you and Werrasonique.
This is the music I have grown up listening to and because I am not a musician I have to take it as it comes.
Yes, am not so impressed with the arrangement but in my opinion this generique is better arranged than the Boite Noire generique. Unlike the usual arrangement, it's started out on a slow note before firing into proper sebene and it's  short and straight to the point, the atalukus could have done better but overall the quality is good so there's progress.

This is only the second of two generiques from the maxi single and I cannot rubbish the maxi single or Ferre's generiques simply because of this one generique, am waiting for the full album and even if it's not as good I will continue listening to Ferre and others' music. You and me know that this generique is even better than what JB gave us on Soyons Serieux which has now gone with the wind so let's dance to what we have.
LE BIG BOSS

Nkosi #39 on: August 29, 2014, 07:26

• View Profile
Come on guys this generique is fire!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant stop dancing. I had it played in a pub all night. I was dancing Kunzardo's dance and couldn't see where I was going since I had to bend and sort of lose balance. By the time I realised I had to change to a new dance I hit into a table and fell flat on the ground. As I lay on the ground the other ataluku's calls were slowly persuading me into sleep, I however resisted and stood up to continue my partying even if other patrons who don't appreciate good generiques deserted the pub and left me alone with the DJ whom I had paid to play it the whole night.

Its a good generique. Others will like it but not everyone will like it. Its like food.....what you like shouldn't be standard for everyone. Viva Ferre...Viva werrasinho (young werrason).

Rajogi #40 on: August 29, 2014, 12:52

• View Profile
Pierrefelix, I have not compared Charly Solo to Flamme,if Charly played exactly like Flamme then I would be stupid to even wish that he leaves Ferre's band.
What I said is that Charly plays Flamme Kapaya's style of soloing but he's not creative, he repeats the same. Partitions and that's his own problem otherwise he's good and never makes mistakes with the notes when playing and he's got that crisp clear tone when he plays which they love at Wenge Maison Mere so all he needs is to create more partitions and I think he will now that he's realised that Hadji is a major threat.
Charly lost his position as Chef d'orchestre and now he has lost his place as lead soloist on the maxi single so he's definitely worried, if he doesn't pull up his socks then soon he'll be out of the band,its inevitable.

You're essentially comparing them....

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #41 on: August 29, 2014, 13:02

• Administrator
    • View Profile
English not my first language and so is the case for most of us here but I think I have clearly explained my point so why you choose to cut out part of my explanation only is what I don't understand,if that's your translation then it's fine,go with it if it pleases you mzee.
LE BIG BOSS

Rajogi #42 on: August 29, 2014, 13:25

• View Profile
English not my first language and so is the case for most of us here but I think I have clearly explained my point so why you choose to cut out part of my explanation only is what I don't understand,if that's your translation then it's fine,go with it if it pleases you mzee.
Because you can't talk about two people in  the same context and not compare them, your whole point is a comparison but you claim it isn't. Just an observation.

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #43 on: August 29, 2014, 13:38

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Because you can't talk about two people in  the same context and not compare them, your whole point is a comparison but you claim it isn't. Just an observation.
I will excuse you if you didn't see the original post which Pierrefelix misquoted me on. I was talking about Charly Solo fitting in well at maison mere where soloists are required to play Kapaya's style so I said this ''Having watched several rehearsals and live concert dvd's showing Charly Solo, I know for a fact that he is very skilled quite alright and he would fit in well at Maison Mere because he's got Flamme Kapaya's style though he doesn't create as many guitar partitions, he likes repeating the same partitions,I think it's because the atalukus themselves at Ferre's band also repeat the same stuff, atalukus normally drive the sebene so the instrumentalists play along to the atalukus calls.''
I hope this is clear enough for you to understand the context in which Flamme Kapaya's name came into the conversation, never jump into conclusions, in literature, we read books from the beginning as that is the only way you can understand the full story it's unlike science text books,the dictionary  or the bible where you can read from whichever point you like in order to understand something.
LE BIG BOSS

Windeck123 #44 on: August 29, 2014, 14:00

• View Profile
Okay I understand and I listened to the song to me it's good enough to play at a party, it's a good Generique I would dance to.