Author Topic: ITS A SHAME POLYSTAR COREEN NEVER GOT A SOLO CHANCE IN MAISON MERE  (Read 562 times)

archos on: September 26, 2023, 13:21

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

He's seen kapaya japonais and mogratana go,saw christian go,saw kimbangu go but probably because he was too good on rhythm or not crazy enough on lead he did not make the switch,but what a clean touch

Manzambi94 #1 on: September 26, 2023, 15:39

• View Profile
What is he doing now? I remember him being with Lobeso on that group they founded, does he still live in Kin?

archos #2 on: September 26, 2023, 15:43

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Yeah still in kin,he continued the group without lobeso and seems to have found some support,unlike when lobeso was around and was complaining that most donors especially those from his region of equateur got forced not to help them

Mfumu Vata #3 on: September 26, 2023, 19:00

• View Profile
I can’t wait for part 2. You can tell that Tutu Calugi is really Polystar’s childhood friend. The way he brought memories back about the fara-fara at Mulhouse and how they met in Paris. It’s a shame that nobody thought about doing a reedition of the album Promise Musica made nor that of the splinter-band, who recorded a band in Brazzaville.

Frère Aime Nkanu always deny to have sung with Gatho Beevans, but now after Pompom Miyaké and Alino Vimba, here Polystar confirms as third person that Aime Nkanu sung on an album with Gatho Beevans

Mbuta was  right by saying that those electric drum took the power of  the sebene up away on Gatho Beevans album.

I first never understood why Gatho Beevans’ abandoned his band to live in US. But now I got it. However, I could also move to Brazzaville like Werrason did and wait just for a moment to come back. Must have been very sacring for Gatho Beevans’ mother, the way AFDL-soldiers came to take their house. Almost all people that used to work for MPR or who were married, related to them were victim of those attacks by the kadogo’s.

So sad to hear that Bello Bongo already passed away. Its only this year that I discovered him, because I used never to pay attention to Anti Choc. He was so talented I liked the sebenes he played on the albums Bana Saint Gabriel, Les Yeux dans les Yeux  of Bozi and those Fara-Fara compilation volume 1 & 2. You can tell that he was a huge fan of Wenge 4x4 (Makaba, Burkina Faso & Japonnais).  I was surprised to hear that he was actually late Bongo Wende’s nephew. It explains why he had Bongo in his name. Having listened to all Anti Choc-albums of the mid-90s until Jeu Muké, I prefer him above Polystar, but everybody has is own tastes.

The way Coréen talks, looks like after decades he’s  still not over it that his understudy went to Europe before him and came back with a car. That must have been a big shock for Bello, your mentor/friend coming visiting you at your rehearsal after just coming back from Europe and talking to each other, then suddenly seeing him doing a test to take your spot. I wonder if he didn’t had a problem with Bozi or didn’t become big headed. The way, Polystar explained how he became sick when taking the plane to get in Europe, suddenly recovering when passing the mediterranean see with Mbuta hinting towards a spiritual attack, made me imagine how tense the tension was between the two guys. When Polystar explained how they recruited Chamberton, Theo Mbala and co, and Bozi deciding to fire the rest of band (Aridjana, Bongo Bello and co), reminded me of the interview Lady Miyembe did with Ado Yuhe explaining how they got fired from Anti Choc  “Boza ba père” hahahahahahah.

Polystar said that his first album with Anti Choc was Film Ebaluki. But wasn’t it Position Eyebani, because if I remember well I saw him being credited in the credits and also his sebene of Aller-Retour being played in the generique.

Many departures from always come minor incidents. If Bozi just gave Polystar to money to get his car his car from the . Then all that stuff didn’t happen. late Reagan was a big snitch lol.

It’s crazy the way people from Wenge Maison Mère often already preparing new musicians coming in when seeing that somebody is about to leave. Because they did the same thing with Jitrois, by contacting him in Europe when he was with Wenge Tonya Tonya. It looks like that during the time of Kibuisa, they had a feeling Japonais could stay in Europe for the way they recruited Burkina Faso and when coming in Kinshasa, Burkina Faso left not long after their return and Japonais was at some moment not showing anymore for a long time, even being linked to join Extra Musica Zangul. Then after Japonais, getting the name Coréen by Bill. (The japanese is gone and the coréen came). But it’s strange that Polystar didn’t get the spot as second solist and Flamme doing everything until Mogratana arrived.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 19:27 by Mfumu Vata »

archos #4 on: September 26, 2023, 22:40

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
maison mere really missed out on some talents in the early stages,cnn,montana,fally,bizima,genta,polystar and i am surely forgetting some
 that anecdote of him on the plane reminds me of a europe trip with cultura in 2003 mascot one of the guitarist was sick in kinshasa and once they were above the ocean it calmed down he suspected indice nikkei who was making his first trip as the condition was that he turned 18 as he was recruited being 15  and almost fought with him at roissy,in reality it was one of the reserve guitarists who attacked him to steal the rhythm spot mascot had
zacle pisses me off,instead of trying to revive street groups for example he prefers continuing strategy to follow which ever among the most succesful artist of the moment to get advantages and if you are not opening door for him to eat with simultaneously several artists he attacks you

Mfumu Vata #5 on: September 27, 2023, 09:53

• View Profile
Why like Congolese bandleaders like to take risks and not just apply normal visa's for UK ? Its the first the 4th time that I heard a similar story like that of Coréen. Imagine if it went wrong and that they arrested Bozi.

Going to Angola in the 1980s and 1990s was very lucrative. I think that it was the most lucrative country in Africa for Congolese artists when the war used to be there and also the diamondbusiness in Lunda going hard with guys like Congolese businessmen Tchatcho Mbala, Papito Mbala, Mukishi Mwana Lunda, Kazadi Zairense, Tshims Muluba, etc.  Koffi Olomidé and Papa Wemba returned back in 1992 back with big money after having performed there.

Isn't there any positive anecdote about Madilu ? Because the last 4 years, I've only hearing bad stories about him. Former Empire Bakuba musicians always say that Pepe Kalle used to pay them well when going abroad, but I'm surprised that he didn't pay them during that tour like Madilu. Madilu was wrong by being mad at Beevans. It's crazy that although these stuff bandmembers still stay in the band. It's only when they start getting succes or going to Europe that they are about to leave.

archos #6 on: September 27, 2023, 11:48

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
in the cultura tour where joss returned as the only singer wazekwa wanted to pay them 3000 french francs each or something like that madilu got extremely angry and told wazekwa petit felly kofuta bango te totala soki bakozonga te
result wazekwa returned with 6 musicians on 15 

Wenge1995 #7 on: September 27, 2023, 12:59

• View Profile
in the cultura tour where joss returned as the only singer wazekwa wanted to pay them 3000 french francs each or something like that madilu got extremely angry and told wazekwa petit felly kofuta bango te totala soki bakozonga te

If Wazekwa had paid the 3,000 Francs to each member of Cultura, do you think Tripason, Vavason, Flory Telecel and Jose Nzita would have joined the rest of the group in Kinshasa after Signature? I don't think their salary would have made a difference, because it seems like the idea of asylum in Europe is more lucrative than life as a musician.

Also, did Madilu have a very tough time in OK Jazz? Because I remember a documentary of Franco, apparently this money problem of paying a band is nothing new. Just watch the twenty minute mark of this video.

Manzambi94 #8 on: September 28, 2023, 01:47

• View Profile
Why was Madilu so angry about Musicians receiving payment from their bandleaders? It is true that the system at the tine was way worse then the current one but not paying money you actually have is insane, no wonder why Madilu struggle ti have a stable band in the last years

archos #9 on: September 28, 2023, 21:46

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile