Author Topic: DEBABA AND CARLYTO COMBINATION WAS TOO GOOD  (Read 4003 times)

archos on: May 11, 2020, 23:15

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

just beautiful
nice song written by kibens for carlyto

Drumstar98 #1 on: May 12, 2020, 00:24

• View Profile

just beautiful
nice song written by kibens for carlyto

:oThe same Jules Kibens who's from Wenge BCBG? All this time I thought was Carlyto composition.

archos #2 on: May 12, 2020, 00:45

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yeah a good number of carlyto's songs in his career were either kibens songs or reworked with kibens i remember back in the years  at some point kibens sang with carlyto's brother who was in zaiko and talked about it a bit

Drumstar98 #3 on: May 12, 2020, 00:49

• View Profile
Wow, I'm just surprised apparently my dad told me that the song Taty Konde was not written by Debaba

Tata Nkiadi #4 on: May 12, 2020, 01:33

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
Archos,

Did Carlyto really song on JDT’s Moleki Nzela album or was that his brother?

BienMat23 #5 on: May 12, 2020, 02:21

• View Profile
Archos, could you please also translate the message and maybe lyrics of this song it would be much appreciated Boss.

Matebu #6 on: May 12, 2020, 03:07

• View Profile
Words can’t express how exceptionally great the voices of Debaba (RIP) and Carlyto are

Congolitude #7 on: May 12, 2020, 14:16

• View Profile
Wow Kibens started writing very early  :o, I have the impression that he does not have a great recognition from his elders (Simaro for example and other songwriter ...)

Franco Pepe Kalle #8 on: May 13, 2020, 00:49

• View Profile
Carlyto and Debaba had a great combination together indeed. I am glad you said that.

Listen to this song. Both 1st voices but Carlyto can sing low well.

jeantwatwa #9 on: May 13, 2020, 11:47

• View Profile
Carlyto is a Gospel artist in U.K. for couple years now, he's also done some vocals for the maestro Mayaula Mayoni.  Always loved his duo with Debaba. He isn't really known for songwriting, i might be wrong though.

Mukulu #10 on: May 13, 2020, 12:20

• View Profile
Carlyto and Debaba had a great combination together indeed. I am glad you said that.

Listen to this song. Both 1st voices but Carlyto can sing low well.

I listen this song all the time with mille baisers !

J Silu #11 on: May 13, 2020, 20:23

• View Profile
I get the impression that Carlyto is cruely underrated. He's not spoken of enough when they speak of Kester Koffi etc. Just the general discussion.

Maybe that's because he left world music to sing for God in the 90s, when music was really starting to evolve and new artists were emerging. Maybe that's why.

But he has the best voice ever, the best. And I enjoy him the most when he's featured in other people's songs. It's so beautiful. I loved his work on Esperant's kavena (I think it's kavena)  even Esperant's Mosinzo LP. There's also his work with Papa Noel, also featuring on Mayaula's l'amour ah kilo. Even with OK Jazz!! Ahhh His work with choc stars.

I think Choc Stars had the best team of singers. Debaba Carlyto Nzaya Defao Petit Prince.. from that period when Bozi etc left and the main focus was either the trio Defao Carlyto Debaba or with the other 2 as well.

But Carlyto is number one for me. I've tried to look for any solo works he's done before quitting world music and I only found one LP he did but I have no idea about his full music history. Just the basic he was at choc stars and the songs I've heard with him featured on. He makes those songs x10 better.

But when i say hes underrated Maybe it's just me because I'm 27 and wasn't old enough to experience and to know the info that I know now but back in those days.

jeantwatwa #12 on: May 13, 2020, 21:46

• View Profile
I get the impression that Carlyto is cruely underrated. He's not spoken of enough when they speak of Kester Koffi etc. Just the general discussion.

Maybe that's because he left world music to sing for God in the 90s, when music was really starting to evolve and new artists were emerging. Maybe that's why.

But he has the best voice ever, the best. And I enjoy him the most when he's featured in other people's songs. It's so beautiful. I loved his work on Esperant's kavena (I think it's kavena)  even Esperant's Mosinzo LP. There's also his work with Papa Noel, also featuring on Mayaula's l'amour ah kilo. Even with OK Jazz!! Ahhh His work with choc stars.

I think Choc Stars had the best team of singers. Debaba Carlyto Nzaya Defao Petit Prince.. from that period when Bozi etc left and the main focus was either the trio Defao Carlyto Debaba or with the other 2 as well.

But Carlyto is number one for me. I've tried to look for any solo works he's done before quitting world music and I only found one LP he did but I have no idea about his full music history. Just the basic he was at choc stars and the songs I've heard with him featured on. He makes those songs x10 better.

But when i say hes underrated Maybe it's just me because I'm 27 and wasn't old enough to experience and to know the info that I know now but back in those days.

Well cultured for a 27 year old, good info

J Silu #13 on: May 13, 2020, 21:51

• View Profile

Well cultured for a 27 year old, good info

Thank you:-D ..