Author Topic: Fally Ipupa Control Album is the bomb!  (Read 7213 times)

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN on: November 06, 2018, 16:50

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well, it's been on replay for the last few days, am totally satisfied with it. Good rhumba songs and the generiques are not bad either.

I like the new soloist playing on the second generique,Fally mentions his name "Kole Solo or something, he plays like Le Petit kurukuru.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:17 by SLY PAPA NA KEVIN »
LE BIG BOSS

CM PRINCE #1 on: November 06, 2018, 17:07

• View Profile
Welcome back Sly!

Yeah I agree it's been on replay for me as well these past few days
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 21:41 by CM PRINCE »

archos #2 on: November 06, 2018, 17:13

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
OHHH grand pretre sly,welcome back,i also like that album,i have been pissing my colleagues at work off with my repeats of a flye humanisme and the alex song's wife song  a polish colleague asked me  why there is somebody talking throughout the songs alluding to mabanga :D :D :D :D

Matebu #3 on: November 06, 2018, 21:04

• View Profile
Yes, in accordance with you guys this is a great album, plenty of great rhumbas. His sins that was the Tokoos album from last year are forgiven

@Sly; the name of the new soloist is Golet Solo. He did a decent job

Kiekie, @Archos the mundeles just don't get it what they are hearing so I limit Congolese music to my headphones in office

EMOVICTEAM #4 on: November 07, 2018, 04:58

• View Profile
Alvarito solo and kabuya should be back...before that, he music will be salty...

Congolitude #5 on: November 07, 2018, 13:41

• View Profile
Since Friday I only listen to this album, I'm really satisfied.

I just think that some sounds have a slightly sloppy recording quality compared to Power Kosa Leka. In any case Control is much better than Power. With an album of 31 songs, we can be sure that Fally we will not drop an album before 2022 and after his future second urban album.

@Matebu Tokooos was still good for a first urban album, sometimes it's cool to listen to it

Werrasonique de Zimbabwe #6 on: November 07, 2018, 16:34

• View Profile
Well, it's been on reply for the last few days, am totally satisfied with it. Good rhumba songs and the generiques are not bad either.

I like the new soloist playing on the second generique,Fally mentions his name "Kole Solo or something, he plays like Le Petit kurukuru.

Boss Papa Kevin.....what's up?

Some of the things I have learnt from this album are that:

1. I hate most rhumba music and I can't abide the voices of men screaming and shouting, it's just not my thing.......this business of loading up songs that are top heavy on rhumba doesn't work for me....why not a rhumba that climaxes into a sebene? ..........In general I like sebene and can do with an album full of sebene ........for his part Fally made a sterling effort on one sebene......"The Crown"......HOWEVER.........the sound is atrocious. Never in the 21st century must anyone record such bad sound....how?
2. I was impressed and continue to be impressed by Wallo Bass.......the guy is immense and I think he competes for the crown of best bassist with Djino from Maison Mere. His style is of the Motingiya type....kind of old school but infused with modern playing like Michel Bass. I like his play but he was badly let down by the quality of sound........
3. Fally needs an impact atalaku who has got a presence.......the guys he has on board are all jokers that are not up to the job.....yes Kabuya is extremely talented but if only he stayed sober. He is unreliable and for where Fally is attempting top take his career to he can not rely on Kabuya.

In all.....if the sound was decent and there was an impact atalaku, this would probably have been one of the best generiques in the last few years.

I will reserve full judgement on this album till later.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 16:37 by Werrasonique de Zimbabwe »

Wenge1995 #7 on: November 07, 2018, 20:54

• View Profile
@Werrasonique de Zimbabwe

Too much of Congolese music is programmed; synths and drum machine have replaced the intricate attention to strings and percussion. That's why the sound lack the conviction of past releases, even if the album is recorded or mixed in better studios

EMOVICTEAM #8 on: November 10, 2018, 07:03

• View Profile
Alvarito solo is the main medicine missing here...

Matebu #9 on: November 10, 2018, 15:23

• View Profile

Y’all are too focused on the génériques, which accounts for 5% of the album. I’ve kind of accepted it as an album I mainly listen to for the rhumbas just like Ferre’s past 2 albums

If I want a well-done générique in between to break things up I’d probably go back to one of the Libre Parcours

CM PRINCE #10 on: November 10, 2018, 16:29

• View Profile

Y’all are too focused on the génériques, which accounts for 5% of the album. I’ve kind of accepted it as an album I mainly listen to for the rhumbas just like Ferre’s past 2 albums

If I want a well-done générique in between to break things up I’d probably go back to one of the Libre Parcours
Exactlyyyy or Power... and plus I think the Crown is a good generique not the best by him but it's decent enough
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 16:33 by CM PRINCE »

EMOVICTEAM #11 on: November 13, 2018, 11:30

• View Profile
Alvarito solo on slows is still a killer. Plus lets be honest, sebene:slows ratio should be 50:50 if at all Congolese music has to come back to where it was. Droit Chemin is and will remain his best.

CM PRINCE #12 on: November 13, 2018, 12:57

• View Profile
Alvarito solo on slows is still a killer. Plus lets be honest, sebene:slows ratio should be 50:50 if at all Congolese music has to come back to where it was. Droit Chemin is and will remain his best.
You're also right there too

ZamundaPrince #13 on: November 16, 2018, 11:34

• View Profile
The album is pure fire. Excellent songs by Fally. II haven't come across any skippable song. So far Bafana is my favorite. 100%

SLY PAPA NA KEVIN #14 on: November 17, 2018, 07:27

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello my good friends,

Glad we are all okay. I think we just have to accept that these guys will never change their music for us, Ferre,Fally,Koffi,JB,Werra et al. For me, when I want proper sebene, I run to Werra and Fabregas, if I want proper rhumba,i run to Ferre,if I want modern rhumba/R&B,I run to Fally and when I want a bit of both, I run to JB despite with JB we have to wait an average of 9 years for an album. These days he's even stopped releasing the annual Primus singles. ????

Do we know more about this new Fally soloist Golet Solo,where was he before joining Fally, on this album he has even outshown Felly Tyson who seems to be getting lazy starting from the album Libre Parcoura where he was just scratching the guitar.

Werrasonique, am in the UK for the next two weeks,I arrived last week, let's link up. I need lots of DVDs from our Congolese barbers in Birmingham for my pub in Zambia so I will be in Birmingham at some point,hope you haven't changed your phone number.
LE BIG BOSS