Author Topic: Can you help naming these OK Jazz members?  (Read 5421 times)

bencuri on: January 24, 2021, 00:12

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Sydo #1 on: January 24, 2021, 02:44

• View Profile
    • YouTube
1 Lokombe Ntal, 2. Makosso Kindudi, 4 Lola Checain, 6 Diatho Lukoki
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Tata Nkiadi #2 on: January 24, 2021, 05:36

• Congolais abotami na Etas-Unis
    • View Profile
3) Franco Mongo. Joined after Franco’s death but died soon after. He was to fill Franco’s singing and lead/mi-solo role. Rumor has it he was cursed for filling Luambo’s shoes.

7) I believe is Diatho from 10 years prior.

MwanaMokili #3 on: January 24, 2021, 07:32

• View Profile

bencuri #4 on: January 24, 2021, 11:11

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks to everyone for the names!

I think nr. 5 cannot be Wuta Mayi. He looks different:

bencuri #5 on: January 24, 2021, 11:19

• Administrator
    • View Profile
3) Franco Mongo. Joined after Franco’s death but died soon after. He was to fill Franco’s singing and lead/mi-solo role. Rumor has it he was cursed for filling Luambo’s shoes.

7) I believe is Diatho from 10 years prior.

That's why I found it odd this Franco Mongo guy is there in the video. I did not remember any musicians who looked like him, but I understand now. It is amazing how similar his voice is to Franco's. Only his manner is different.

Diatho: indeed, the photos are a decade apart, but I have never wondered until now when checking that these two figures are actually one figure indeed.

Ken Bilele #6 on: January 25, 2021, 09:04

• View Profile
One interesting thing with this great band, All these great men, where are their families? I mean all these guys couldn't give us just one successful artist?

Tata Nkiadi #7 on: January 25, 2021, 15:07

• View Profile
One interesting thing with this great band, All these great men, where are their families? I mean all these guys couldn't give us just one successful artist?

Depends on what you mean by successful.

Baby Ndombe (Pepe Ndombe) is probably the most successful offspring of OK Jazz when he joined Wenge MM but his stock diminished after he left.

Christy Lova (Ya Ntesa Dalienst) last I heard is signed to F’Victeam

Eric Mpoyi (Djo Mpoyi) does shows in Kinshasa doing OK Jazz songs through his cover band Djo Mpoyi Mania. He sounds just like his father, and his band are the closest to OK Jazz you’re going to get right now. He briefly sang in OK Jazz, the current generation, managed by Franco’s son Emongo, who also runs the Un, Deux, Trois night-club. Josky Kiambukuta has been mentoring Eric and the band.

MwanaMokili #8 on: January 25, 2021, 18:10

• View Profile

I think Baby Ndombe is actually the son of Pepe Ndombe Opetum?

Ken Bilele #9 on: January 26, 2021, 06:39

• View Profile

Baby Ndombe (Pepe Ndombe) is probably the most successful offspring of OK Jazz when he joined Wenge MM but his stock diminished after he left.

Eric Mpoyi (Djo Mpoyi) does shows in Kinshasa doing OK Jazz songs through his cover band Djo Mpoyi Mania. He sounds just like his father, and his band are the closest to OK Jazz you’re going to get right now. He briefly sang in OK Jazz, the current generation, managed by Franco’s son Emongo, who also runs the Un, Deux, Trois night-club. Josky Kiambukuta has been mentoring Eric and the band.

LOl Bro all those people you mentioned are NOT successful.

Tata Nkiadi #10 on: January 26, 2021, 07:14

• View Profile

LOl Bro all those people you mentioned are NOT successful.

You asked where are the families I answered that question.  The oniy successful artist was Baby Ndombe, 20 years ago. You and I both know these WMM solo acts don’t last, especially when bridges are burned.