Author Topic: Kila Mbongo & Ado Yuhe  (Read 4771 times)

Mfumu Vata on: October 15, 2021, 20:25

• View Profile

Manzambi94 #1 on: October 15, 2021, 20:30

• View Profile

Sad to see how is voice got lost. I have to still watch it. I am curious to see what he will say.

archos #2 on: October 15, 2021, 21:13

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
crazy to think thats its the longest time i am hearing kila speak in 30 years almost,he barely gave long interviews in the internet era
credit to ado, i am at 33 minutes and they are still in the genesis of extra musica
ado is too much of a primadonna,sonor was 16 when extra started and we technically discovered extra 2 years after and ado isdoing that "he lied to me,iam touching my head " antics,i am starting to think ado does it on purpose so that he can continuously do his antics
sonor said it himself that he was the youngest and took time to get proper active in  the group

Sydo #3 on: October 15, 2021, 22:36

• View Profile
    • YouTube
I have not finished the interview but I already like it too much, he explains himself perfectly
Formerly Musiquezairoise

Manzambi94 #4 on: October 15, 2021, 23:34

• View Profile
crazy to think thats its the longest time i am hearing kila speak in 30 years almost,he barely gave long interviews in the internet era
credit to ado, i am at 33 minutes and they are still in the genesis of extra musica
ado is too much of a primadonna,sonor was 16 when extra started and we technically discovered extra 2 years after and ado isdoing that "he lied to me,iam touching my head " antics,i am starting to think ado does it on purpose so that he can continuously do his antics
sonor said it himself that he was the youngest and took time to get proper active in  the group
Yes plus the way he presses certain question is annoying.

Cavalier Solitaire #5 on: October 16, 2021, 09:12

• View Profile
Ah Kila Mbongo! When Etat Major came out me and my cousin convinced each other that Kila was the leader of the group. Lol

I now get why singers were leaving extra musica from what Sonor explained that Extra Musica was created primarily by the instrumentist so any singer who becomes too popular is destabilised and end up leaving the group for example Kila,  Doudou Copa, Oxygen etc.

Now Kila has complicated the creation story because from Roga and Durell Loemba, the key three people who were there before  even the thought of Extra came was Espe Bass, Roga and Durell and later joined by Kila and Guy Guy Fall. Am sure we will get Durell Loemba and Guy Guy Fall soon on Ado so we hear their side of story.

Ado repeated that what brand of clothes is this and got asked by Kila whether that's necessary. :D

archos #6 on: October 16, 2021, 10:06

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Bro its not just you lol in 1999 i went to christmas or something like that maybe easter,in my mother's family in togo and extra came to perform at stadium president eyadema,and president sent guys on stage to take kila to him thinking he's the leader and gave him a nice enveloppe
roga and espe were looking at each other like they are about to commit murder :D :D :D :D
they switched the note of the dancers sebene about to start so that he sounds off tune when he kicks in with animation

Manzambi94 #7 on: October 16, 2021, 10:58

• View Profile
Bro its not just you lol in 1999 i went to christmas or something like that maybe easter,in my mother's family in togo and extra came to perform at stadium president eyadema,and president sent guys on stage to take kila to him thinking he's the leader and gave him a nice enveloppe
roga and espe were looking at each other like they are about to commit murder :D :D :D :D
they switched the note of the dancers sebene about to start so that he sounds off tune when he kicks in with animation

Lol. That's why Roga is so nervous when other singers take the scene

Mfumu Vata #8 on: October 16, 2021, 21:02

• View Profile
About Extra Musica-split. Hearing Kila Mbongo talking about their concert in Guinee that went wrong. I think that beside their first Europe-tour, the civil-war of Brazzaville also kind of influenced the guys. But the split came on right moment. Because otherwise we wouldn't get the classic albums Etat Major & Shalai where all guys gave 1000%.

Roga Roga never liked when someone was about to take the spotlights in Extra Musica. He would then manipulate Espe Bass and Durrel Loemba (later also Sonor Digital) to get someone out of the band. The first victim was Guy-Guy Fall who was seen as their leader by the public after the Variéte Samedi Soir show and the first album. They did the same thing to Regis Touba by leaving behind for a west-africa tour, which would indirectly led to their first Europe-tour when they were stuck in Guinee when the civil war broke out in Brazzaville. But he would remain in the band until the split of 1998. The third victim was Abilissi, who very popular after the succes of Ouragan and especially the album Etat Major. Them using Papy Jah to disrespect him.  4th victim Kila Mbongo. If Papy Jah would have returned with them to Brazzaville, he would have gone through the same situation.

Doudou Copa revealed that the song Horizon 2000 written by Roga Roga which was made him gain respect, was supposed to be sung by Oxygene. But a conflict between both guys made Doudou sing the song.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 21:30 by Mfumu Vata »

Mfumu Vata #9 on: October 16, 2021, 21:19

• View Profile
I knew also some guys who tought that Kila Mbongo was the president of Extra Musica. The videoclip of Etat Major and it's album-cover played a major role on it. It's mostly the bandleader or leadsinger who appears alot in the main-generique and the alataku just for a few seconds. 

About Kila Mbongo's departure. Trop c'est Trop is my favorite Extra Musica-album. But it took months for me to like that album. I wasn't used to hear Arafat as lead-atalaku and animating on his own, after hearing Kila Mbongo for 5 years as main-atalaku. Trop c'est Trop even made me hate Arafat's voice for a moment. But it's Africa N1 promotion of Trop c'est Trop that made like the generique and later on the album. I really wonder how that album would have been if Kila participated and also had the opportunity to put a song. All his songs in Extra Musica had some strong messages (Patience and Laissez Passer) despite that they weren't written by him.

I found it weird to not see Kila Mbongo appear in the Shalai-clips that they made in Brazzaville (only in the one who were shoot in Paris). I wonder if they did a 12 on him. This all made me think for years that Kila Mbongo left in Europe and joined them at Zenith, while he returned with to Brazzaville and toured with around Africa. Abilissi didn't appear in any Shalai except the generique. They didn't even shoot a clip for his song Tu Me Manques while was the biggest star among the singers and his song ending up by being one of the main tracks alongside Horizon 2000, Laissez Passer, Matongi and Sissi l'Imperatrice.

Cavalier Solitaire #10 on: October 17, 2021, 09:29

• View Profile
:D :D bato ya sima really suffer in the Congolese groups. No wonder he had no choice but become a singer.

Cavalier Solitaire #11 on: October 17, 2021, 10:42

• View Profile
I knew also some guys who tought that Kila Mbongo was the president of Extra Musica. The videoclip of Etat Major and it's album-cover played a major role on it. It's mostly the bandleader or leadsinger who appears alot in the main-generique and the alataku just for a few seconds. 

About Kila Mbongo's departure. Trop c'est Trop is my favorite Extra Musica-album. But it took months for me to like that album. I wasn't used to hear Arafat as lead-atalaku and animating on his own, after hearing Kila Mbongo for 5 years as main-atalaku. Trop c'est Trop even made me hate Arafat's voice for a moment. But it's Africa N1 promotion of Trop c'est Trop that made like the generique and later on the album. I really wonder how that album would have been if Kila participated and also had the opportunity to put a song. All his songs in Extra Musica had some strong messages (Patience and Laissez Passer) despite that they weren't written by him.

I found it weird to not see Kila Mbongo appear in the Shalai-clips that they made in Brazzaville (only in the one who were shoot in Paris). I wonder if they did a 12 on him. This all made me think for years that Kila Mbongo left in Europe and joined them at Zenith, while he returned with to Brazzaville and toured with around Africa. Abilissi didn't appear in any Shalai except the generique. They didn't even shoot a clip for his song Tu Me Manques while was the biggest star among the singers and his song ending up by being one of the main tracks alongside Horizon 2000, Laissez Passer, Matongi and Sissi l'Imperatrice.

Trop Cest Trop is my favourite Extra Musica Zangul album as well.

But between Etat Major and Super Helico, which album do you rate highly?

I personally rate Super Helico higher than Etat Major as an album even though between the generiques Etat Major and Marc 9:23, etat Major was hugely successful across Africa and really made extra musica known, few people outside of the two Congos knew that Etat Major was a release from the group that remained after the split. Am not surprised that Kila said when they heard Marc 9:23 it made them shake and work Extra hard for the next album shalai to really kill the competition.

In Super Helico you had beautiful songs such Ange Panisse of Regis Touba, Amie Tendresse of Pinochet Thiery, Biwela Wela of Mellon Ngakana etc. Its just the sound that I think was poor as compared to Etat Major probably because of different technologies in the studios used.

Mfumu Vata #12 on: October 17, 2021, 13:43

• View Profile
Etat Major no doubt. I don't see Super Helico as a big album. It see it more like a gospel-album the way they played keyboards and sebene. It's better to compare that album to that of Mbuta Kamoka, Rene Lokua and Thomas Lokofe lol. I liked the songs, but it's not that I see that the album  could be considered as a classic album. Envoyer Special, Ange Panisse, Mon Reve & Pres de Moi are my favorite songs of the album.

Marc 9:23  was a big hit at that time and made Werrason who went to Brazzaville for concerts after the release of Intervention Rapide, adopt their dance Helico but using other animations for it in Solola Bien. Other Kinshasa-bands would adopt the Helico dance and some even the running part (Koffi for example in Force de Frappe).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 13:45 by Mfumu Vata »

Pablo01 #13 on: October 17, 2021, 18:45

• View Profile
Who could post the Shalai album booklets in scan please?

jeantwatwa #14 on: October 18, 2021, 21:00

• View Profile
Wish I could get a full translation for this interview , lol, funny how back in the days we all thought it was his band...and Roga Roga was 'just' the guitarist... ;D ;D ;D