Author Topic: IT'S NOW THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE MOST FAMOUS GÉNÉRIQUE  (Read 4363 times)

Matebu on: October 31, 2017, 19:34

• View Profile
And most famous Congolese album perhaps, in terms of commercial popularity in Africa and the diaspora

Time really flies. The album sound was so good, it could be released today and still be cutting edge

CM PRINCE #1 on: October 31, 2017, 20:05

• View Profile
This album is by very very far way better than all the garbage that's being released today Someone please take us back in time

Grandpretre #2 on: October 31, 2017, 21:22

• View Profile
His third best album after effrakata & v12 to me. Rumbas & seben were so perfect, I regret that babia didn't participate in this one. That also the last album that suzuki participate (to me lool, i dont care about abracadabra & bek, thats not the same at all).

Manzambi94 #3 on: October 31, 2017, 21:27

• View Profile
Still to this day I can't figure out how Koffi manage to do a song that catchy and joyful, everybody, literally everybody loved that song, is the song that gave me the fuel and the will to become a musician

SoukousFan #4 on: November 02, 2017, 18:34

• View Profile
this was a catchy one! Loi/Micko .... I wonder how each of the artists (singers, dancers, instrumentalists) feel knowing they were part of this era!

Matebu #5 on: November 02, 2017, 19:08

• View Profile
this was a catchy one! Loi/Micko .... I wonder how each of the artists (singers, dancers, instrumentalists) feel knowing they were part of this era!

The weird thing is that point (Loi release & 1998 aftermath success before break up) was the highlight of 95% of that QL group member's musical career.

The guys who now play in bars are mostly playing Loi era sebene

MwanaMokili #6 on: November 03, 2017, 04:49

• View Profile

On Koffi and QL, Give me V12 Any time....

In my opinion this album was on teh very height of the Ndombolo craze and took the Africa music secene by storm.
On musical creativity and perfromance though, I rate V12 above this one.

Other Albums worth mention are Maggie and Faux..  (Enough I sound too old already !! )

SoukousFan #7 on: November 03, 2017, 05:04

• View Profile
And most famous Congolese album perhaps, in terms of commercial popularity in Africa and the diaspora

Time really flies. The album sound was so good, it could be released today and still be cutting edge

shamukwale ya ya mpesa mbongo (Loi) ... I hope I spelt it right lol!