Author Topic: WOW THIS GUY SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE SOMONO  (Read 3480 times)

CM PRINCE on: July 24, 2020, 18:56

• View Profile

I found myself listening to Quartier Latin Integral, the guy doing the animation along with CNN sounds exactly like Somono. His name is Chaleur, I’m surprised he wasn’t recruited by Sam Tshintu after Somono left Academia. Him and CNN were like the perfect replica of the Mboshi and Somono duo.

Franco Pepe Kalle #1 on: July 25, 2020, 04:59

• View Profile
Chaleur does indeed sound like Somono Dolce but he does not have the vibrato that Somono has. Chaleur actually is like Ntesa in a sense where he is very jolly in an aggressive way.

CM PRINCE #2 on: July 27, 2020, 18:28

• View Profile
Chaleur does indeed sound like Somono Dolce but he does not have the vibrato that Somono has. Chaleur actually is like Ntesa in a sense where he is very jolly in an aggressive way.
Yeah you're right, but I think he's the closest copycat sounding to Somono.

Mfumu Vata #3 on: July 27, 2020, 19:06

• View Profile

I think that Karmapa's former atalaku who animated in his first album, 3th album (Lifolototo, Kaniama Kasese & Kuluna) and the single they made before Le Millionaire sounds more like Somono than Chaleur.

Wenge1995 #4 on: July 27, 2020, 19:56

• View Profile

I think that Karmapa's former atalaku who animated in his first album, 3th album (Lifolototo, Kaniama Kasese & Kuluna) and the single they made before Le Millionaire sounds more like Somono than Chaleur.

Where is Chaleur now?

Mfumu Vata #5 on: July 27, 2020, 23:40

• View Profile
He lives in Pointe Noire nowadays, I remember him having made an interiew 5 years ago, saying that he was the original creator of the cri "Kata Fumbwa".