Author Topic: WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO WMM?  (Read 4387 times)

Manzambi94 on: July 26, 2020, 13:23

• View Profile

Wow these interviews from Werra and Kakol aren't making the same buzz as they were doing in the psst years. Wenge is really dying.

mrvibes #1 on: July 26, 2020, 20:11

• View Profile
Wenge is not dying ...its actually maison mere dying.. I have never considered maison mere as a wenge.. It is a different group created by 3 ex original wenge members.

archos #2 on: July 26, 2020, 20:16

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
buzz going down is not that much of a deal for me it happened to everybody of werra age and older
what i found surprising,is that they seem to have finally dropped that conflictual approach they had which would get their fans always up for war hence always up to fully support the group at all costs too(which seems to be working for somebody else now),i saw today a video of tresor lumiere being told to do a video to apologize to fally after having said earlier that for him allo telephone was a flop,in the past no way on earth maison mere would apologize to somebody even jb it was just no limit then peace no limit then peace,never any apology

CM PRINCE #3 on: July 26, 2020, 22:12

• View Profile
I have never considered maison mere as a wenge.. It is a different group created by 3 ex original wenge members.
Bcbg fanatic strikes once again SMH, shocking comments.

archos #4 on: July 26, 2020, 23:49

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
I have never considered maison mere as a wenge.. It is a different group created by 3 ex original wenge members.

Bro i could be wrong but maybe he is saying that in the sense that some people say neither bcbg nor maison mere are really wenge's even if they have that name,surely some sort of strong nostalgia of wenge 4X4 or the fact even musically both are doing something different to 4X4

mrvibes #5 on: July 27, 2020, 03:42

• View Profile
That's is correct.  Thank you

mrvibes #6 on: July 27, 2020, 03:45

• View Profile

Bro i could be wrong but maybe he is saying that in the sense that some people say neither bcbg nor maison mere are really wenge's even if they have that name,surely some sort of strong nostalgia of wenge 4X4 or the fact even musically both are doing something different to 4X4

That's is correct.  Thank you

Kizito #7 on: July 27, 2020, 09:02

• View Profile
Most Maison Mere fans of the old good days are now old and there is no way they could be as aggressive as they used to be, Werrason like JB are legends, and they have less energy to be aggressive in the music industry, they are still relevant because the current generation has failed us. They should have taken over from them and keep our beloved music on top.

ZamundaPrince #8 on: July 27, 2020, 13:15

• View Profile
Wenge is not dying ...its actually maison mere dying.. I have never considered maison mere as a wenge.. It is a different group created by 3 ex original wenge members.

As if your approval is what would make Maison Mere more Wenge. Ridiculous sense of importance

ZamundaPrince #9 on: July 27, 2020, 13:17

• View Profile

Now that Koffi & QLI are doing music that is quite different from what they used to do in the past as original QLI, they are no longer QLI?

Even if Wenge had stayed together up to this day, their music would have changed to adapt to current circumstance like technology, fans desires etc

archos #10 on: July 27, 2020, 13:41

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
Yes for sure but the difference is that wenge's music was based on sebene songs which their own touch of chorus,which use to identify any of the group of then each group had a style,for sure they would have had  to insert things to adapt but they would have kept some good part of it
i am sure there is none of us who could have anticipated 20 years ago that maison mere and bcbg would be doing albums of with 95 per cent of rumba(because of that some koffi fans even say that jb and werra are now doing basically tchatcho and generiques)
and maison mere fans  like to banter bcbg fans that they have lost ki wenge because for them wenge is hardcore generique not the slow easy to dance tempo of bcbg
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 13:43 by archos »

masatomo #11 on: July 27, 2020, 22:04

• View Profile
Yes for sure but the difference is that wenge's music was based on sebene songs which their own touch of chorus,which use to identify any of the group of then each group had a style,for sure they would have had  to insert things to adapt but they would have kept some good part of it
i am sure there is none of us who could have anticipated 20 years ago that maison mere and bcbg would be doing albums of with 95 per cent of rumba(because of that some koffi fans even say that jb and werra are now doing basically tchatcho and generiques)
and maison mere fans  like to banter bcbg fans that they have lost ki wenge because for them wenge is hardcore generique not the slow easy to dance tempo of bcbg

You right 15 or 20 years ago none of us could have anticipated everybody (not only Maison Mère and BCBG) would release albums with only rumbas and 2 or 3 génériques even in our craziest dreams lol.
I'm still not a big fan of that format. I was born with sebenes songs lol.