Author Topic: DO YOU AGREE WITH RIO'S ANALYSIS OF BCBG MEMBERS STRUGGLEING IN SOLO CAREER  (Read 3730 times)

archos on: July 26, 2020, 14:40

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

i will just post main parts of the interview
he said he became bcbg's key chorus member thanks to alain makaba and a jb neighbor suggesting to jb to build chorus around his voice,and same later for papa wemba
he talked about the era in which the old musicians were targetted everywhere and how jb stood by them and that he is grateful for ever for that because for him he came to work,he considered bcbg as a regular work,not a career stepping stone so it would have been hard to imagine life without bcbg then,evn if he think he has ability to record an album
he said that almost every big artist of drc has approached him to do chorus  on his album but it rarely worked because they were not accepting to ask jb for permission,which ferre did(and he was also meant to sing a full song in a koffi album with koffi)
he was asked about the difficulty bcbg members have to succeed in solo,and he says solo career is not a joke you get into just because you have talent and you are having  people praising you,you have some conditions to fulfill in order to succeed  and he tells franck to ask him one by one  ex bcbg members and he can prove that they failed to prepare for solo career unlike most of the guys who succeeded
and he says alain mpela,rio replies alain left without preparing he was one of alain's super close friends in the group and alain just one day felt embarassed to wear same uniform as fudji and co and left without a proper plan,just that he had some songs in his hands,caludji left because  he felt exposed as he sided with people bullying the old guard to win over fans while there was also a dark hand pulling the strings behind that process and left having no real plan,which is true he was lucky to come across a guy like milito who gave half his album,djino left because his ego did not accepted being suspended and gives his own example that during almost two years he was having a very cold relationship with jb but he was still standing next to him on stage(until djino took that spot)
djino for him did not prepare well enough especially with how to get bcbg's fans support,abraham who is also somebody he is close to left in anger as he did not appreciate being axed of a rehearsal for coming late and days after he meet him and abraham said "vieux i am not coming anymore" and he says its a pity because he had an album and jb was really involved in it and it would have been great for him to release it in bcbg,with jb's aura(which he still has not done anyways 7 years now since he is on that album)
he was asked about chai,and he says chai also left out of anger he had a problem he had exposed to jb in rehearsal  and jb told him to come to his house few days after,but that same night he was invited to a nightclub for an event and it happened that chai's children saw it on social media the same day so they put pressure on their dad to leave as they believed jb refused to help him  and he left like that and chai is one of  closest friends even before wenge he is not saying that to embarass chai
so,the guys basically leave without trying to analyses factors because going solo is a huge gamble it can work out quick or it can take time and if you are not resilient you can give up when your time was yet to come and waste it,or you can feel ashamed of returning to your group,so its something musicians have to do after thinking well because going solo will shape all the rest of your life
he also revealed during that interview that he is the person who suggested to kabose to go to maison mere,they meet in france and kabose wanted to come to bcbg and he told kabose i think you will suit maison mere better
he is shown pictures of sunda bass he says sunda is like a little brother to him as his elder brother is his close friend but was ahead of his age in terms of music  and maturity as a person
he is shown a picture of him and fudji and he says fudji is like his own brother they have same personality,a lot of things in common obviously he is older  but they are real friends  and by the way he would be the one knowing whether fudji plans solo and fudji tells him he just decided to start doing promotion,and himself rio too to the absolute delight of jb who keeps asking them why they were not doing that before,because he is already jb while they need to make people accept them more by promoting themselves
he is shown a picture of fally and djino together,he said he does not know fally personally but he has a lot of respect for his career,and djino is a very talented musician who made some mistakes which hopefully he can still correct
earlier on he talked about ferre and says that for him ferre is the best singer of their generation
he is told to say something positive,something bad and an advice to jb,and he says jb is a very kind and sharing person,something bad about jb he gets triggered easily and he does not take time to hear two sides of a story,he would advise him to keep being the good man he is
he asked the same on seguin and says the same thing that seguin is a very kind person,but he gets angry very easily and a lot,which is not good anymore at a certain age especially with cardiac disease pending so he advises him to try to be careful on that( which he is afraid to advice to jb lol)
he is asked to say the same about werra and he says he likes how werra is calm,the negative he hears that werra gets angry a lot too,he is not close to werra but whenever they meet werra chats with him nicely and asks about jb 

CM PRINCE #1 on: July 26, 2020, 17:50

• View Profile
I understand and get what he’s saying but he needs to remember nearly 98% of people leave groups out of anger, for example Wenge 4x4 split out of huge anger, Academia was formed out of anger, Les Marquis was especially created out of anger, Fally and Ferre both left QL in some sort of anger, Heritier left WMM out of anger.
More less everyone that leaves WMM never leave peacefully it’s always out to anger.
The list is incredibly long, Rio just needs to be honest, the lack of fan interactions have hurt BCBG a heck of a lot and also because all of those that left BCBG have taken the Jb laid back approach which they forget that Jb has nothing to prove.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 17:56 by CM PRINCE »

Wenge1995 #2 on: July 26, 2020, 20:01

• View Profile
I understand and get what he’s saying but he needs to remember nearly 98% of people leave groups out of anger, for example Wenge 4x4 split out of huge anger, Academia was formed out of anger, Les Marquis was especially created out of anger, Fally and Ferre both left QL in some sort of anger, Heritier left WMM out of anger.
More less everyone that leaves WMM never leave peacefully it’s always out to anger.
The list is incredibly long, Rio just needs to be honest, the lack of fan interactions have hurt BCBG a heck of a lot and also because all of those that left BCBG have taken the Jb laid back approach which they forget that Jb has nothing to prove.

I can't recall the last artist that left his mentor with full blessings, maybe Reddy Amisi for his intial albums.

Mfumu Vata #3 on: July 26, 2020, 20:10

• View Profile
When Reddy was recording his albums (Zakina, Queen Lina, Injustice, Prudence, Ziggy & Etoile), he was still a Viva La Musica-member. Reddy Amisi didn’t leave Viva La Musica in peace, he was in conflict with Papa Wemba after Etoile for having used atalaku’s in his albums and sung with Koffi Olomidé who was beefing with Wemba (mostly influenced by staff) with the conflict becoming worser when a donor bought instruments for him (then Wemba’s invented stories that he was about to form a band, which wasn’t true). To punish Stino & Reddy, Wemba started to ignore them and not associating him and other Cour des Grands-members to important Europe concerts of Nouvelle Ecriture (for example Zenith 2000 & Olympia). Reddy and also Stino were about to leave, but after Emeneya adviced them to stay and prove a him a point, which made them record the Fin d’Exil album, but it made it worser and Wemba himself openly attacking it in an interview. Until that Reddy & Stino totally fed up of it and both left, Reddy then going to Kinshasa to form Casa do Canto and Stino teaming up with Alexis Azulino for a project that never came.

archos #4 on: July 26, 2020, 20:40

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
i think the main point rio wanted to point out was the random "balongwe na ndenge ya mabe" which seguin and kakol love to insist about with some ex colleagues to make them look bad,but rather that they left without preparing,while the maison mere guys a guy like miel de son for example left having setup a home studio where he could record without being spot in a studio and snitched to werra
and bought instruments  so he accepted to last longer in the group to collect all that calmly,while the bcbg guys when they are upset boom fed up friday gone by monday,no song started no strong donor willing to really support the project...
i think we'll see that  if say by 2021 nono fudji is gone solo he alredy paved himself some chances to succeed by the buzz created with people being surprised of his sudden strong mediatic presence
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 20:42 by archos »

Manzambi94 #5 on: July 26, 2020, 21:50

• View Profile

I can't recall the last artist that left his mentor with full blessings, maybe Reddy Amisi for his intial albums.

Abraham, Chai, Fabregas, Deplick, to some extent Robinio
 and the most famous and recent case Fally

Abraham had the chance to release an album in the orchestra and JB never blocked him when he went solo even giving him money to fund his studio session until Abraham started to get desrespectful (for who knows what reason) Chai has been publicly mentioned by JB in a conert saying that since he missed his voice which he really liked he took Michigan which was singing just like him Werrason mentioned Fabregas name many time and never told anything bad about him, same with Deplick and Robinio, Fally despite an initial disappointment by Koffi became Koffi's biggest achievement in the terms.of formation since Fally pretty much became a superstar, But Na Fillet also, got his blessing by Fabregas even making him landing a feature with Werra in his solo album.

Mfumu Vata #6 on: July 26, 2020, 21:57

• View Profile
The same Werrason sended Sankara de Kunta to insult Fabregas when he left and months later to mock about his first show in Kinshasa which was in Hotel at Fleuve (I think that it was the same interview where he insulted Celeo's kids). When Deplick left he did the same thing, also saying taht he suffers of "Maladie ya Ndeke" and restarting to diss Fabregas again without reason.

archos #7 on: July 26, 2020, 22:14

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

I thing this is the sankara interview you are talking about where he says that fabregas had in the crowd only his fans,one or two uncles only who were drunk and saying "ahhh fabrice hein"

Mfumu Vata #8 on: July 26, 2020, 22:28

• View Profile
No, it was in a house or hotel if I remember well. He made like 3 or 4 interviews dissing Fabregas.

Lol here he says that Fabregas was never a member of Maison Mere and just went for a stage without finishing it, but just must now see how he talks about Fabregas toda. ah mokili oyo vraiment.

Manzambi94 #9 on: July 27, 2020, 04:39

• View Profile
The same Werrason sended Sankara de Kunta to insult Fabregas when he left and months later to mock about his first show in Kinshasa which was in Hotel at Fleuve (I think that it was the same interview where he insulted Celeo's kids). When Deplick left he did the same thing, also saying taht he suffers of "Maladie ya Ndeke" and restarting to diss Fabregas again without reason.

I think that sometimes Sankara take the initiative himself and disses ex members like when he insulted Heritier heavily and then asked money from Werra just to be told to f*** off because despite everything Heritier for Werra is like a son, I think that sometimes he just insults as part of the game, because I know Werra love the fact that 99 per cent of his ex musicians are the one having success with Koffi only havimg Fally and Brigade (even though is half and half) being successful.

Cavalier Solitaire #10 on: July 27, 2020, 10:26

• View Profile
i think the main point rio wanted to point out was the random "balongwe na ndenge ya mabe" which seguin and kakol love to insist about with some ex colleagues to make them look bad,but rather that they left without preparing,while the maison mere guys a guy like miel de son for example left having setup a home studio where he could record without being spot in a studio and snitched to werra
and bought instruments  so he accepted to last longer in the group to collect all that calmly,while the bcbg guys when they are upset boom fed up friday gone by monday,no song started no strong donor willing to really support the project...
i think we'll see that  if say by 2021 nono fudji is gone solo he alredy paved himself some chances to succeed by the buzz created with people being surprised of his sudden strong mediatic presence
Well said @Archos.
We can actually conclude that Wenge BCBG members never see themselves going solo as long they are good with Mukulu and those close to him. Its like being near JB is an end in itself for them.  While those from other groups know or atleast are aware that their relationship with the leader will not always be nice so they sort of prepare themselves for that eventuality.

For example i watched an interview were Chai Ngenge was regretting not having gotten European permanent residence documents while in BCBG  and yet he was ever on every poto tour of BCBG which he could have easily used all those opportunities to atleast have those papers but i guess he never saw himself out of BCBG meanwhile his Maison Mere colleagues and agemates like Ferre used those opportunities to get long term papers.

Paysan Congolais #11 on: July 29, 2020, 20:45

• View Profile
Sorry Archos and Tshamala, but your BCBG guys are full of excuses. LOL.

However, Rio is pretty down to earth. Nice to see.

shamala #12 on: July 30, 2020, 20:17

• View Profile
Sorry Archos and Tshamala, but your BCBG guys are full of excuses. LOL.

However, Rio is pretty down to earth. Nice to see.

I never give excuses for BCBG, but state the situation as it is. Once in a while i correct something here as per my knowledge. Remember i stated here that BDM will be released when it is released. I have been fortunate enough to get snippets of the album. Of course not everything in BCBG is to my liking but i dont control the band hence i enjoy very much what i get out of it.

If you are looking for new album releases , heavy promotion of new artist live repetition etc then BCBG is not for you.
I enjoy BCBG as a band and i would never force of otherwise anyone. If you also notice all bands/artists have their bane.....none is perfect
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.