Author Topic: ARCHIVE PAPA WEMBA PRESENTS HIS GROUP FIRST CLASS IN 2000  (Read 2760 times)

archos on: July 29, 2020, 20:04

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile

Miel de son,masudi and briefly mirage were part of it before ending up together in generation a of alain mpela
they were already talking about 5 eme generation
mad respect to papa wemba the guy had 5 6 groups maybe one or 2 more i can forget,while most struggle even with one band
lady couleur leader de la 5eme generation RIP
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 20:15 by archos »

Mukulu #1 on: July 29, 2020, 20:38

• View Profile
what have they become ? There is only Dany who was promoted and the drummer too

Rip Lady Couleur

archos #2 on: July 29, 2020, 20:57

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
some of them ended with alain mpela or other groups of then,some like many guys who were tested in groups back then disappeared from music
you can see in the video dady masudi who is with fally now

Wenge1995 #3 on: July 29, 2020, 21:18

• View Profile
some of them ended with alain mpela or other groups of then,some like many guys who were tested in groups back then disappeared from music
you can see in the video dady masudi who is with fally now

Why did Alain Mpela's career fail? I thought Intifada was well received, plus he had a solid band. I heard he was offered Ministry of Culture position, but declined

Mfumu Vata #4 on: July 29, 2020, 22:09

• View Profile
Intifada wasn't well received it flopped, because of multiple problems (I talked about it in other threads). Alain Mpela's career failed because he already made a false start with Intifada and he made it worser by his behaviour (prefering to sleep long like JB and let his musicians rehearse without him), spending months long in Europe and putting his money in unnecessary luxury instead of his band.

He became the adviser of the minister of culture, but he had health issues. His sister Gisele is Felix Tshisekedi's second wife. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 22:12 by Mfumu Vata »

archos #5 on: July 29, 2020, 22:47

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
hhhahahaha afande,the man had turned his house in those days into versace,versace on walls,on the floor at times,in his sofa
i remember once i went to say hi and mosaka was there as alain tried to drag him into generation a and tell him to see how much roger is far more privileged and here he'd be spokesman and director of marketing,and that day alain was buying his 6 th expensive dog to the son of an ambassador
he was importing everything he ate from france haha even water
while he had a team which could have done big things

BienMat23 #6 on: July 29, 2020, 23:21

• View Profile
Whaaaaat that is some crazy behaviour loool he went crazy with the money what a big shame, one of the biggest in the last 20 years in the genre.

archos #7 on: July 30, 2020, 21:44

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile