Author Topic: One question about olympia  (Read 1373 times)

Mopao195 on: April 24, 2022, 12:03

• MM
    • View Profile
im watching it now why are people walking up to koffi while hes peforming it has happened like twice why not give him flowers and hugs after the show

Mfumu Vata #1 on: April 24, 2022, 12:13

• View Profile
That's the Congolese way. It are mostly people that artists are dedicated songs to and who are sung in songs. They want to show to people that they are close to the artist and their clothes. It started first from 70s with concerts at bars, where fans were coming on stage to make pics with their favorite artist when they were performing and giving some money. From then it became normal. Just look at all concerts of Wenge 4x4, JB Mpiana, Papa Wemba and Koffi Olomide made in Paris and Brussels you will see often people coming on stage.

Sapeur Frank Issekya profited from that occasion in 1999 when Papa Wemba performed at Forest National and holding Wemba's hand in the air, to use the picture later for his album cover Mokili Complique.

Mopao195 #2 on: April 25, 2022, 22:03

• MM
    • View Profile
That's the Congolese way. It are mostly people that artists are dedicated songs to and who are sung in songs. They want to show to people that they are close to the artist and their clothes. It started first from 70s with concerts at bars, where fans were coming on stage to make pics with their favorite artist when they were performing and giving some money. From then it became normal. Just look at all concerts of Wenge 4x4, JB Mpiana, Papa Wemba and Koffi Olomide made in Paris and Brussels you will see often people coming on stage.

Sapeur Frank Issekya profited from that occasion in 1999 when Papa Wemba performed at Forest National and holding Wemba's hand in the air, to use the picture later for his album cover Mokili Complique.
Interesting it gotta be a little annoying, another thing, i think that it was waaay to crowded in the front i could only see some people's arm other than that it was a good peformance crowd in the front was the most lit, some funny moments god i wish i was there.