Author Topic: Fally's new song Eloko Oyo  (Read 11947 times)

JV “Lone Ranger” #15 on: April 07, 2017, 22:48

• View Profile
for those wondering, here is the original creator of the song....MIMI MONGO

Toolz #16 on: April 07, 2017, 23:14

• View Profile
Why is he deleting the criticisms against him? He should face it and accept it. If he did well nobody would criticise him negatively. Mchew. Why can't he rework the song and tweak it very well? Why can't he do something worthwhile with the song?

Mwana Nsalu #17 on: April 07, 2017, 23:45

• mama mabele ~ mother earth
    • View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
i don't hate it but this is definitely underwhelming.

Jdog #18 on: April 07, 2017, 23:45

• View Profile
Official clip

Brace yourselves for the 5,000 clips he's going to repost of people dancing to the song. This is why i don't follow these guys on social media - i prefer to check for time to time if there's news

It's no longer about quality, rather it's about going viral even by force.
Wow even the video sucks, I'm almost close to saying Fally is finished, I'll wait for Chiffre 14 to determine that.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Jdog #19 on: April 07, 2017, 23:48

• View Profile
Agreed, that's what I was saying every since he announced it. I don't why know he didn't release a générique instead for the upcoming summer time

His traditional songs have been in large weak. So far Bakanja was his best effort. Mabele was alright, but it was spoiled by too much mabanga and finocchio undertones towards Dady Kimberny.
Mungala is a nice song, way better then this Eloko Oyo nonsense.
Or moto asala le monde eza yo Nzambe tata, Kita okata po mokili trop matata, kata- Fally Ipupa

Matebu #20 on: April 08, 2017, 00:11

• View Profile
I wouldn't say he's finished; he's either gotten way too comfortable with his position or he has run out of ideas. It's been years since we've heard a serious composition from him.

With the exception of his 3 big songs in QL and Droit Chemin, he's never been renown as a composer or a arranger.  At times it can be obvious. Every song on Kosa Leka had a composer.

He's the top 5 generation artist by popularity and content, but I've getting critical as of late. I don't want to spark another debate, but some of his colleagues have released stronger material recently.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 00:14 by Matebu »

mrvibes #21 on: April 08, 2017, 02:57

• View Profile
I don't think he did a bad thing releasing this product. As far as I know Congolese music does not stops with rumbas and sebenes.  This is great way of showing how our beautiful cultur is and I believe he did it well. I said bravo to the artist. ..plus as long as they are koffi, jb, werra, fally or ferre.everything they will present will be well received by their fans bases.
Let's enjoy this luketo music.  Diversity ain't a bad thing

Matebu #22 on: April 08, 2017, 03:46

• View Profile
I don't think he did a bad thing releasing this product. As far as I know Congolese music does not stops with rumbas and sebenes.  This is great way of showing how our beautiful cultur is and I believe he did it well. I said bravo to the artist. ..plus as long as they are koffi, jb, werra, fally or ferre.everything they will present will be well received by their fans bases.

I'd agree with your senitments had he not released better traditional style songs previously. Granted both ended with a sebene, but he set the bar high for himself

Comments are quickly being deleted but Ferre, Fabregas, and his own 'serious' fans were having a field day chastising the song on his social media pages and say their respective artist's works were better.

Manzambi94 #23 on: April 08, 2017, 12:23

• View Profile
The issue is not about the Lingala/Mongo legacy in music, but it is about the fact that Fally did everything to put hyoe on this song, and then, he released this song which could be better.

Mwana Nsalu #24 on: April 08, 2017, 19:53

• View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique

I agree with your general point but the song lacks a little something. Its not horrible to me though. I would let it play in the context of an album but i dont really find myself wanting to revisit this song. I guess when artists take years between albums etc the fans expect a lot.

off topic
I see a lot of ppl criticizing fally for doing hashtag challenges for his songs but thats just another marketing strategy. i dont see the issue

Matebu #25 on: April 08, 2017, 20:54

• View Profile

off topic
I see a lot of ppl criticizing fally for doing hashtag challenges for his songs but thats just another marketing strategy. i dont see the issue

It's not just Fally getting cricitsm, Koffi and Fabregas have been using this tactic as well. They are reposting any and all videos submited to them, no matter how bad. This strategy has made these hit singles age quicker than ever.

How many DJs and people still have Selfie, Mascara, or even Kiname on repeat? Nyataquance seems to have run it's course already

Seben_Maniac #26 on: April 08, 2017, 23:51

• View Profile
Just when I thought things were getting better lol

mrvibes #27 on: April 10, 2017, 01:37

• View Profile
More than 5000000 view in one day. Hmm impressive. .better dance to this than Watas retirater. Fabrega video came out unnoticed yesterday. Must just be fally to do this..

Mwana Nsalu #28 on: April 10, 2017, 23:13

• View Profile
    • Tambour d'Afrique
gave it a few more spins. i get what he's doing with this. being hell bent on global success i feel he made this song to be palatable to a wide audience. the repetition/call response, the simple dance moves, etc) respect for finally keeping it 100% congolese in the process (despite adding a modified 'dab' to the dance moves) rather than pull a sweet life or worse chaise electrique move. i feel him on this one. my initial assessment of 'underwhelming' still stands because i was expecting something different/more but this track has grown on me.

shamala #29 on: April 14, 2017, 16:29

• View Profile
Official clip

it's about going viral.

1.3 million views!!!!!!!!!!
PORTE-PAROLE NON OFFICIEL DE JB MPIANA ET WENGE BCBG.