Author Topic: DO YOU GUYS THINK FERRE'S CAREER WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT WITH THAT MOVE  (Read 637 times)

archos on: February 22, 2024, 15:21

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
I was talking few minutes ago with a childhood friend and we were  talking about the street groups of then and how they shaped every big group and among others we talked about how ferre could have joined quartier latin before babia was recruited as he was sometimes performing in a group along with a koffi nephew and papy kalombo among others and he was told by bodyguard to come to koffi to join latino but he was scared and ran away on two occasions,also when chokoro stayed in europe when he had then fully settled only with one group rumba des jeunes since some of that generation were performing in three groups at the same time,genta and bill for example were doing animation in 4 groups at the same time(hahaha that scene of late papa lisimo almost naked running behind  pitshou with a big piece of wood stick to beat him for turning up too late at home)
then he joined wenge in a concert not too far from koffi's house and ended up fulfilling koffi's dream/desire 10 years later
do you think his career would have been different if he started straight away as the youngest with bouro in latino

CM PRINCE #1 on: February 22, 2024, 16:38

• View Profile
Yes of course. Ferre didn’t know how to dance when he started his career but Bouro did, that generation was too competitive and stacked and Ferre’s voice hadn’t matured yet he might’ve been just rotting in reserves for a while until the attentat era started.
Clan Wenge especially Maison Mère was the perfect place for him to start, it’s almost like wondering how he would’ve turned out if he joined bcbg instead or went with adolphe to form Tonya Tonya, or if Fally joined Maison Mere or BCBG
The space Werra gave him I really don’t think Koffi would’ve given him that much space early on

archos #2 on: February 22, 2024, 17:25

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yeah true that,thinking about it again he would have been like mamale with the first generation or like junior with the second generation guys who really rise into proper stardom when some guys left and by hierarchy logic they become more important(talking about junior him and mirage piss me off soooo much they had  a career on a plate but they ran away from it)

Quadra Kora Man #3 on: February 22, 2024, 18:38

• View Profile
yeah true that,thinking about it again he would have been like mamale with the first generation or like junior with the second generation guys who really rise into proper stardom when some guys left and by hierarchy logic they become more important(talking about junior him and mirage piss me off soooo much they had  a career on a plate but they ran away from it)

Mirage piss me off too. I would want to listen more to his voice but his vocals are just limited to 2 solo albums and one Quartier Latin Integral Album. Do you think Koffi would have use him a lot after everybody left.

Back to Ferre. I think if Ferre went to Quartier Latin in the beginning, he wouldn’t have the space like in Maison Mere but we don’t knoe because Koffi loved his voice and always said that he wanted hiim in his Band.

CM PRINCE #4 on: February 22, 2024, 21:18

• View Profile
lol please don’t talk about Junior and Mirage because they had it all and were the future of QL but they were too obsessed with Europe and wasted their careers.

Manzambi94 #5 on: February 22, 2024, 22:22

• View Profile
I was talking few minutes ago with a childhood friend and we were  talking about the street groups of then and how they shaped every big group and among others we talked about how ferre could have joined quartier latin before babia was recruited as he was sometimes performing in a group along with a koffi nephew and papy kalombo among others and he was told by bodyguard to come to koffi to join latino but he was scared and ran away on two occasions,also when chokoro stayed in europe when he had then fully settled only with one group rumba des jeunes since some of that generation were performing in three groups at the same time,genta and bill for example were doing animation in 4 groups at the same time(hahaha that scene of late papa lisimo almost naked running behind  pitshou with a big piece of wood stick to beat him for turning up too late at home)
then he joined wenge in a concert not too far from koffi's house and ended up fulfilling koffi's dream/desire 10 years later
do you think his career would have been different if he started straight away as the youngest with bouro in latino
I don't think he would have been as successful as he is now, and tbh I think that if he left Wenge right away and went solo he would have had a way bigger success, cause even tho now peoole don't really care him going to QL rubbed Wenge Maison Mere the wrong way and he lost some of that fanbase when he Left and also Werra trying to humiliated him by proping Fally hurt him. With that said Fally is the only QL successful guy also cause he went solo right around when a lot of influential journalist turned their back on Koffi and it was a mix of cause, Fally became so big because everything went according to his Plank and also he was lucky that most of the press were supporting him,  I thin Ferre would have been either like Bouro or Soleil, really loved by Koffi but eventually would have left due to leadership conflict between him Fally, Bouro, and Soleil, with that said,  no, he would have never become what he is now tbh.

CM PRINCE #6 on: February 23, 2024, 01:24

• View Profile

Back to Ferre. I think if Ferre went to Quartier Latin in the beginning, he wouldn’t have the space like in Maison Mere but we don’t knoe because Koffi loved his voice and always said that he wanted hiim in his Band.
I don’t think so because you can just look at Deplick for example. He was with Koffi at first until he went to Maison Mere where he was really transformed and obviously had the space he got, to the point that Koffi tried to get him back. Stuff like that is normal, or the way Werra briefly started claiming that Fally was a maison mère musician in the beginning this was right after he went solo.

Wenge1995 #7 on: February 23, 2024, 04:38

• View Profile

It was very interesting how quickly Mamale advanced as an artist from the clips of Loi to the post-Academia era where he's a ladies man and very charismatic. Did Savanet Depitcho coach them on style and attitude? The same for Jipson and Jordan, they really improved in image very quickly

archos #8 on: February 23, 2024, 12:36

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
yes exactly when the academia guys left depitcho was a mentor to the whole singers section to coach them to reshape the lineup to a level where they could counter academia

Wenge1995 #9 on: February 23, 2024, 15:20

• View Profile
yes exactly when the academia guys left depitcho was a mentor to the whole singers section to coach them to reshape the lineup to a level where they could counter academia

Who helped Ferre become a better dancer? I remember watching him at concerts from 1996 until 1998, you could tell he was very shy and was limited as a dancer despite being a powerful tenor. I suspect Adolphe taught him showmanship, while Werrason or Alain Mpela coached him as a dancer.

As for Bill, he is like Fally, Babia, and Alphatchino where you immediately see the potential. Maybe we need street groups as a buffer btw new musicians and big groups.

F Victeam felt like charity, with Fally recruiting old friends. And Fabregas, Heritier, and others not really having confidence in their group but on their own they don't make an impression to justify group albums

Monsieur Congo #10 on: February 23, 2024, 19:33

• View Profile
Wenge was the perfect place for him to get his start. Werra trained him well, I don’t think Koffi would’ve done the same thing but we’ll never know

archos #11 on: February 24, 2024, 11:25

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
ferre was trained by werra zulema the dancer(not to confuse with zulema the singer )and late mulala
haha werra back in the days would be your worst nightmare when its about bringing out your potential( i wish he could still be on bill anc celeo's back like that so that they dont look like fat unbothered atalakus anymore) ,ferre was having long hours of private rehearsals after the wenge rehearsals just to make him good enough,and tata was coaching him on looks and charisma
only jb did not have a direct impact on him since when he was going to jb's house jb was not talking much to him,he'd just go to the backside of the house where mbokaliya,kibens,bogus,champion vualu,titina and co were building the feux de l'amour project
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 11:29 by archos »

Wenge1995 #12 on: February 24, 2024, 14:33

• View Profile
ferre was trained by werra zulema the dancer(not to confuse with zulema the singer )and late mulala
haha werra back in the days would be your worst nightmare when its about bringing out your potential( i wish he could still be on bill anc celeo's back like that so that they dont look like fat unbothered atalakus anymore) ,ferre was having long hours of private rehearsals after the wenge rehearsals just to make him good enough,and tata was coaching him on looks and charisma
only jb did not have a direct impact on him since when he was going to jb's house jb was not talking much to him,he'd just go to the backside of the house where mbokaliya,kibens,bogus,champion vualu,titina and co were building the feux de l'amour project

Was JB Mpiana against Ferre joining Wenge Musica? That's so odd! You'd think JB would be ecstatic about Ferre joining the group because of how he embraced Aimelia and Tutu Caludji.

If there's one thing I like about Werrason and Koffi, they don't play when it comes to maximizing their group's potential. It's not enough to be talented, but it's attitude and style. If only JB Mpiana followed suit with Wenge BCBG, he let his friendship give a pass to people who wouldn't of lasted in other groups (Rio, JDL, Kibens, & post-Internet Seguin)

archos #13 on: February 24, 2024, 17:53

• Mighty Member
    • View Profile
not against at all its just that ferre arrived in the wrong moment so all that generation had their mentors,seguin and fiston were closer to jb ferre and japonais to werra so he did not have "time" for ferre,japonais only ever got quick chance aswell because of his partition which revolutionised wenge's music and being just 2 years younger so it was closer than a 9 years younger ferre who could still have time for development
jb was willing to let him grow naturally,like most of the talent he's had around,i think we can even say that in jb's career the only "rushed" talent we can easily remember is kilimandjaro and that it because he's bill brother and carbon copy of bill's intervention rapide face then
all the rest starting from heritier till today he'd rather a talent takes his natural 5 6years minimum of development
that logic went against him in terms of direct competition